ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bradywasking

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Bradywasking »

Nantes striker Emiliano Sala is believed to be in South Wales discussing a £20m move to Cardiff City. Cardiff City have £20m to spend on a player but we haven't a bean.We are thirteen seasons (isn't it?) in the glass soul-less bowl and we cannot compete with a newly promoted club with half our capacity..Not saying we should be competing for this guy but my point is that we can' t make a bid for anyone.
As a sidebar to this £20m bid by Warnock how long til the hypocrite is on Goals on Sunday with his two pals moaning that "big clubs never give English lads a chance " ?

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... l-13860380

I think that given his salary, I would take that £18 - £20 million. Ultimately, that would allow for us to bring in players this month.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

begeegs wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:14 pm

I think that given his salary, I would take that £18 - £20 million. Ultimately, that would allow for us to bring in players this month.
Fuck me. Alex Richards? This mutt is renowned (like most Mirror reporters) for making shit up ffs. :lol:

He even headlines it as "gossip" and finishes with some shit about any possible deal "having a long way to go". Yeah because it is totally made up! :roll:

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:10 am
begeegs wrote:

Fuck me. Alex Richards? This mutt is renowned (like most Mirror reporters) for making shit up ffs. :lol:

He even headlines it as "gossip" and finishes with some shit about any possible deal "having a long way to go". Yeah because it is totally made up! :roll:
:lol: Yeah - It is definitely a link that is no better than 'The Transfer Tavern' (what a crap name) or CaughtOffside. At least this lie actually did some homework because the figures look like something that could happen given his salary.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

begeegs wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:26 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:10 am
begeegs wrote:

:lol: Yeah - It is definitely a link that is no better than 'The Transfer Tavern' (what a crap name) or CaughtOffside. At least this lie actually did some homework because the figures look like something that could happen given his salary.
Yep. I think we are stuck with Ozil whether we like him loathe him or are indifferent. That fucking insane salary is an anchor around our neck. I cannot see Ozil or his manager/ accountant / agent accepting a pay cut to move and who is going to pay a niche player that money every week?

Obviously I rate him and similar to the Fabregas situation I feel we should build the team around his ability. However if the manager doesn't want to go that road then fair enough the team is more important than the individual and if selling Ozil meant fixing the defence then I'd consider it worth doing and just live in hope we can bring that creative number 10 we need up through the youth ranks.

What in Christ's name Wiggy Wenger and the Lizard were thinking of when they handed him that contract I'll never fucking know. :roll: :censored:

I should say I also don't blame Ozil for taking every penny those wànkers threw at him. Who would turn down that type of money?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The Independent say #Arsenal have investigated the possibility of signing James Rodriguez on an initial loan deal, with intermediaries having made contact. Real want to sell James in the summer. Arsenal would favour an initial loan now, which Bayern would not be averse to. https://t.co/H5hTxSZu0B

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:08 pm
The Independent say #Arsenal have investigated the possibility of signing James Rodriguez on an initial loan deal, with intermediaries having made contact. Real want to sell James in the summer. Arsenal would favour an initial loan now, which Bayern would not be averse to. https://t.co/H5hTxSZu0B
can he play as a winger? i think we have two strikers, and while this guy is a talent i don't think he has made a good go of it at both Bayern and Madrid now.

I have always seen his as a striker or #10 but i have not watched much of him recently, at 27 he should be at the peak of his powers.

That told though, the drop in quality from our first two strikers to the 3rd one is HUGE now that welbz is done.

edit **

actually 28 from 77 is not that bad for his Real Madrid time, as i imagine most of them to be from the bench because of benzema and Ladyboy

2014 |Real Madrid | apps 77 | Goals (28)

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Having a transfer thread for Arsenal's business is like having a skiing thread on a forum about Sudan.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Why do i get the horrible feeling we're going to end the transfer window with less options than we started it, i'm really starting to get serious déja vu over the running of things.

Are we expecting a lot of players back from injury in the next week?

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:14 pm
Nantes striker Emiliano Sala is believed to be in South Wales discussing a £20m move to Cardiff City. Cardiff City have £20m to spend on a player but we haven't a bean.We are thirteen seasons (isn't it?) in the glass soul-less bowl and we cannot compete with a newly promoted club with half our capacity..Not saying we should be competing for this guy but my point is that we can' t make a bid for anyone.
As a sidebar to this £20m bid by Warnock how long til the hypocrite is on Goals on Sunday with his two pals moaning that "big clubs never give English lads a chance " ?

There are reports emerging just now that the plane carrying Emiliano Sala to Britian has gone missing . He had failed to return to Cardiff last night and emergency services have reported a small plane travelling Nantes to Cardiff has gone missing near the Channel Islands.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:10 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:14 pm

There are reports emerging just now that the plane carrying Emiliano Sala to Britian has gone missing . He had failed to return to Cardiff last night and emergency services have reported a small plane travelling Nantes to Cardiff has gone missing near the Channel Islands.

They're saying he was on a shitty little single engine 2 seater job. Is that all £15 - 20M players get these days :shock:

Just as an aside does anyone know what our old mate Steve Rowley is upto.....I'm sure I caught the end of a comment on the radio saying that he was still working for us on a consultancy basis :roll:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Independent: #AFC could allow Ramsey to join Juve in Jan for £10m if they can manage to sign Denis Suarez and James Rodriguez this window. Elneny could leave the club with Leicester and Southampton interested.
https://t.co/5gYhNNAmFw

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:25 pm
Independent: #AFC could allow Ramsey to join Juve in Jan for £10m if they can manage to sign Denis Suarez and James Rodriguez this window. Elneny could leave the club with Leicester and Southampton interested.
Wouldn't that fuck up Ramsey's contract which must include a nice bonus for not costing a transfer fee. If we managed to get two other players in then he can fuck off now for nothing which frees up his wages.......got to watch the pennies these days huh :? There has been an increase in reports on the Suarez deal looking likely so who knows!

It's not as if Juve need him this season anyway as they're 9 points ahead of Napoli already and 16 ahead of Inter.

Hope the Elneny story is true though :lol: .

Midz

Post by Midz »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:25 pm
Elneny leaving would be great business although I really can't understand wtf we signed him in the first place.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:46 pm
Having a transfer thread for Arsenal's business is like having a skiing thread on a forum about Sudan.
:lol:

:rubchin:

:? :D :wink: