ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
IW8Goalmachine

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Chelsea going for dembele.

This is a player we should be going for as a replacement for lacazette or aubameyang.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

No Warchest announcement yet?

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I suspect it’s more ‘War Purse’ than chest!! :shock: :banghead:

Midz

Post by Midz »

TeeCee wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:40 am
I suspect it’s more ‘War Purse’ than chest!! :shock: :banghead:
You know those little bags the banks use for change.....

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I can just see Raul and Edu going to transfer meetings wearing those bum bag things with our entire budget of £24.60 between them :wink:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:06 pm
I can just see Raul and Edu going to transfer meetings wearing those bum bag things with our entire budget of £24.60 between them :wink:
:lol:

Is that after they've held a board meeting so wiggy can use the official club hammer to break into the club piggy bank :rubchin:

augie

Post by augie »

A quick from yesterdays arseblog

"What’s particularly interesting about this upcoming period is that Raul Sanllehi presided over a transfer window in the summer which – despite plenty of excitement – has unquestionably made the team worse."

Thoughts ??

Personally I think that opinion is too simplistic - is pepe, Ceballos, Tierney and martinelli the reason why we have been so shit this season ? Obviously I don't think so. We have been average/shit because of the attitudes and performances of our "senior players" in my opinion. Don Raul's transfer performance last summer is still impressive in my eyes, and has the potential to be classed as outstanding if the latter two players develop and progress to their expected level. I continue to argue that our best players over the last 18 months have been the ones bought in summer 2018, but there can be no doubt that our transfer team will be under severe pressure this month. If we have no/fcuk all money and bring no-one in then that will put the focus squarely back on Kroenke's, but if we do have some money to spend, then they are under pressure to make the money count big time.
Regardless of who we bring in, I think it is accepted by all that we do not have enough money to fix all our problems (I don't think citeeh have enough money to fix our problems :roll: ), and that is where the wheeling dealing skills will be vital. Personally I think that we need to sign at least one centre back and one central midfielder/CDM - if it was my decision, we would spend all our money on one quality player for one of those positions of need, and then try and fill the other position of need with a loan signing. There is a lot of talk that rabiot, and one of the juve centre backs MIGHT be available on loan, so getting one of those on loan would allow us to spend the existing funds plus the money from xhaka's sale (fingers crossed) on one quality addition.
I have said previously that I would spend big on dunk from brighton, but if he was crazy money or wasnt available at all, I would drop in an enquiry to see how cheap duffy would be - not the top quality centre half that we need, but certainly a miles better defender than mustafi, luiz, mavropanos and the sokratis of this season, and would surely be cheap enough to leave plenty of funds for another quality addition ?

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I agree Augie but I'm not sure that improving our defence is enough, we have had a distinct lack of scoring recently too. What worries me is our club being the way it is we're likely to fund those defensive players by selling Auba, if he goes God knows where our goals are coming from :rubchin:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Clash wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:04 pm
augie wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:43 am
I know some people mock this paper as a source of integrity, but DB10 is a big fan and as such I would like to bow to our mod's beliefs 8)

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ubameyang/
:D

The sun is clearly a very popular paper on Merseyside too. I guarantee if you try to buy one up there you won't find a copy (they are always sold no matter how early you get to the shops 8) )

I love how at the end of that article it says ''according to The Telegraph'' Quality journalism there :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's because the robbing cun.ts have stolen them from outside the shops before they open. :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:52 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:

Is that after they've held a board meeting so wiggy can use the official club hammer to break into the club piggy bank :rubchin:
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Uncanny.

Also I think you were being rather optimistic with £23.60p ! :wink:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:05 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:

Uncanny.

Bollox someone has stolen a quid :shock:

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:45 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:05 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:

Uncanny.

Bollox someone has stolen a quid :shock:

Does that mean we won't get Messi??

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Current manager has the same issues as the previous one i.e. c.unt chops as owner. Lets see how he can rebuild a defence with nobody worth selling and tuppence ha'penny to spend

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

"They informed us that he is not going to continue with us."

Eddie Nketiah's loan from Arsenal to Leeds has been cut short.

Full story: https://t.co/mCAYErWJSd https://t.co/206Z951KDW

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:41 pm
"They informed us that he is not going to continue with us."

Eddie Nketiah's loan from Arsenal to Leeds has been cut short.

Full story: https://t.co/mCAYErWJSd https://t.co/206Z951KDW

And rightfully so - I have no problem sending out young players on loan to get some experience, but sending on the bench for those c.unts does not help him or us