ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by mcdowell42 »

Work has already begun towards trying to find a buyer for Granit Xhaka with Arsenal hopeful they will get a significant return for the £30 million buy from Borussia Monchengladbach in 2016. [@SamiMokbel81_DM]

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:40 am
Work has already begun towards trying to find a buyer for Granit Xhaka with Arsenal hopeful they will get a significant return for the £30 million buy from Borussia Monchengladbach in 2016. [@SamiMokbel81_DM]
:lol:

Hey folks check your dictionaries, there's about to be a major change to the definition of "significant" :shock:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:42 am
mcdowell42 wrote:

Hey folks check your dictionaries, there's about to be a major change to the definition of "significant" :shock:

:lol: :lol:

Yep, the definition now reads : See “insignificant”.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Lucas Torreira has scheduled a meeting with Emery and Gunners chiefs next week to discuss his concerns and could push to leave the club in January if he does not leave with a clearer picture of his role at the club moving forwards. (@MirrorFootball) #afc https://t.co/OnjWOAElx7

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The Mirror say even though Xhaka was hoping there was a way back, the #Arsenal midfielder now accepts his time at the club is likely to be up. It now seems certain that he will be sold in the next transfer window with Germany the most likely destination. https://t.co/rIYVW5Xiu4

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Every time I hear this *word censored*'s name and read that price tag, I'm so grateful that we didn't waste the same on that bloddy Kante bloke. What a bargain we got, eh? :roll:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal have made contact with the representatives of Juventus defender Merih Demiral, Serie A Giants want over €30m [@turkish_futbol1]

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:41 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Every time I hear this *word censored*'s name and read that price tag, I'm so grateful that we didn't waste the same on that bloddy Kante bloke. What a bargain we got, eh? :roll:
Absolutely, wasn't that waster going for about £5M less than our swiss hero :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:02 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Absolutely, wasn't that waster going for about £5M less than our swiss hero :roll:
Yeah but what's he done in the game - oh.

Perryashburtongroves

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:20 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

All because that prick Wanker couldn't face buying a player off Leicester and admitting that they had a better player than he had.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:36 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

All because that prick Wanker couldn't face buying a player off Leicester and admitting that they had a better player than he had.
Le fartpipe thought he was to buy cunte instead of kante..an easy mistake when you take special circumstances into consideration :oops: :lol:

Perryashburtongroves

falkirk goon wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:35 pm
Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:36 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

Le fartpipe thought he was to buy cunte instead of kante..an easy mistake when you take special circumstances into consideration :oops: :lol:
You can just imagine a conversation in the summer of 2017 between Gazidis and that prick with Wanker being told that Kante was available for £30m and the old prick saying, "Errr, yezzz, but I want a super-quality cunte and I 'av juzzzt, ze man. Ve vill 'ave ze cunte for 35m. Regardez! I am ze genius".

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Kante was paid £150k a week by Chelsea when signed, Xhaka apparently £90k (at most).

We paid £72M for Pepe because we have to pay in installments, if we 'had' the money up front we could probably have got him for £50-60M.

Forget Wenger, forget Emery, KSE are KILLING this club. :banghead: :banghead:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

We paid £72M for Pepe because we have to pay in installments, if we 'had' the money up front we could probably have got him for £50-60M.
Sorry mate but that’s rubbish.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:44 am
Kante was paid £150k a week by Chelsea when signed, Xhaka apparently £90k (at most).

Forget Wenger, forget Emery, KSE are KILLING this club. :banghead: :banghead:

Which we could have comfortably afforded if we had spent £5M less on Kante and put that money towards wages :rubchin: