ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Midz

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Midz »

Awesome news about Martinelli.

augie

Post by augie »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:34 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:12 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:38 pm
OFFICIAL: Gabriel Martinelli has signed a new long term contract with Arsenal.

Gabriel Martinelli's contract is a four year deal with a club option to extend it.
Great news - signed and promoted to the first team of course by the useless manager who also signed Leno, and Torreira who many are now saying should be staying at the club.

Lets see if the super coach's signings Mari and Cedric go on to have as much impact
Didnt Emery also sign Luiz and not get rid of Xhaka, Ozil or Mustafi..... swings and roundabouts SteveO :rubchin:

Xhaka and ozil were almost out the door when emery was sacked - it is the current clown that reinstated them :roll:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

augie wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:00 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

Gabriel Martinelli's contract is a four year deal with a club option to extend it.
Great news - signed and promoted to the first team of course by the useless manager who also signed Leno, and Torreira who many are now saying should be staying at the club.

Lets see if the super coach's signings Mari and Cedric go on to have as much impact
Didnt Emery also sign Luiz and not get rid of Xhaka, Ozil or Mustafi..... swings and roundabouts SteveO :rubchin:

Xhaka and ozil were almost out the door when emery was sacked - it is the current clown that reinstated them :roll:
What grinds my fucking gears is xhaxa is back wearing the captain's armband.

I also heard Arteta saying I have 22 captains. Where have we heard that before

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Hmm Xhaka made the 2nd most starts after PEA in all competitions in Emery's first season, interestingly Mustafi was 4th both players whom most of us would rather never see in an Arsenal shirt ever again. In his second season Xhaka was a regular starter until his disgraceful behaviour and then guess who brought him back into the squad before he was sacked...... so in reality Arteta is only continuing what Emery and before him Wenger did for most of Xhaka's time with us by playing him.

This deification of Emery on here by some is beyond embarrassing now, at least Arteta has the excuse of being woefully inadequate and inexperienced, what was Emery's and before him Wenger's excuse to keep using the Swiss fannybulge (tm) :rubchin:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Brilliant news about Saka and Martinelli, now we will get decent transfer fees for them. .........................................only joking, I hope.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

I'll give you the first point mate, but you and I know full well he would need 2-3 seasons to get rid of all the shit. You can't tell me those three weren't on the way out? Xhaka was being touted for loan moves in January and was out of the side and stripped of the captaincy, Ozil's wages prevented him being offloaded and Mustafi was a cups player on the way out too.

Saliba was the main centre half he signed, and his first choice centre half pairing before injuries struck was Holding and Sokratis (the main stays of the long unbeaten run).

Luiz was a similar signing to Lichsteiner - no money to spend and needed a body in that position. One thing's for sure - he wouldn't have offered the fucker an extended deal beyond the end of this season

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Midz wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:51 pm
Awesome news about Martinelli.
:high5:

Great! News!!! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Martinelli IS "Quality" And still ONLY 19yrs of age!

Great Skills, Pace, Courage he ain't afraid to get stuck in....He gives more effort in one game than that fucktard lazyTwat ozil gives all season

With the youngsters like Martinelli, Saka and Yierney - The future is beginning to look bright 8) 8) 8)

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

So Emery also spunked 70 million quid up against the wall on Pepe then?

(Spoiler - he didn’t, just like he didn’t sign any of the others you mention).

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:06 pm
augie wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

What grinds my fucking gears is xhaxa is back wearing the captain's armband.

I also heard Arteta saying I have 22 captains. Where have we heard that before

:rubchin:

HMS Titanic ??? :? :D

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

As things stand, there is a ‘good chance’ that Guendouzi leaves the club this summer. #AFC are offering him to clubs in swap deals, in exchange for players they want to sign [info: @David_Ornstein, via @theconv3rsation]

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:08 pm
As things stand, there is a ‘good chance’ that Guendouzi leaves the club this summer. #AFC are offering him to clubs in swap deals, in exchange for players they want to sign [info: @David_Ornstein, via @theconv3rsation]
Depending on who the players are, I can't say I'm that bothered. The boy clearly has an attitude problem and he's doing something behind the scenes which seems to be pissing off everybody at the club. He hasn't got the maturity or intelligence to take his game forward and to be honest, he'll probably be just as happy as he is now, sitting in PSG reserves or on the bench at somewhere like Roma.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

augie wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

Whatever about Xhaka, Ozil was going nowhere, there wasn't even a sniff of a team wanting him.

augie

Post by augie »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:55 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:08 pm
Depending on who the players are, I can't say I'm that bothered. The boy clearly has an attitude problem and he's doing something behind the scenes which seems to be pissing off everybody at the club. He hasn't got the maturity or intelligence to take his game forward and to be honest, he'll probably be just as happy as he is now, sitting in PSG reserves or on the bench at somewhere like Roma.

Everybody or arteta ? Nothing has come out saying that people want him gone, other than arteta who is trying to force him out the door. He seems to still be popular with his team-mates, so it doesnt look like they want him gone either.

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:59 pm
augie wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

Whatever about Xhaka, Ozil was going nowhere, there wasn't even a sniff of a team wanting him.

But emery was pushing him towards the door, and only finances (stupid contracts) was holding up his departure.

I believe that I read an article the other day saying that, prior to the lockdown, ozil was one of the highest percentage starters under arteta

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Maybe Augie but he isn't now, 5 games back he's being in 1 squad and 4 other games no where to be seen