ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonertone

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by goonertone »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:45 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:56 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:22 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kujCxRrB6Ss

Arteta Interview.

Note the word "Yet" When he asked if there is any Transfer news...I have nothing to tell you "Yet".

:rubchin:
Kim Kallstrom incoming :barscarf:
Yup! Here he is.

He's looking fitter than when we signed him!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonertone wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:47 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

Arteta Interview.

Note the word "Yet" When he asked if there is any Transfer news...I have nothing to tell you "Yet".

Yup! Here he is.

:lol: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

goonertone wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

Arteta Interview.

Yup! Here he is.

I don't know about that, I can't see any legs in that picture! :?

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

goonertone wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

Arteta Interview.

Yup! Here he is.

:lol: :lol:

goonertone

Post by goonertone »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:43 am
goonertone wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

Arteta Interview.

Yup! Here he is.

I think they were an optional extra and we didn't have the money!

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I'm slightly suspicious that Eddie not going out on loan means that one of our strikers may be on their way out the door :rubchin:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:24 am
I'm slightly suspicious that Eddie not going out on loan means that one of our strikers may be on their way out the door :rubchin:
That's a tad "Short Sighted" mate :D :wink: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

goonertone wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:22 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:43 am
goonertone wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Yup! Here he is.

I think they were an optional extra and we didn't have the money!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe we could have done a deal to Loan the legs? :? :D

augie

Post by augie »

GoonerMuzz wrote:

Laca is so far off form that it defies belief - I believe that a laca that is 100% committed to the cause is a big, big player for us, but I'm not sure that is still the case. It is for that reason I would be comfortable selling him, but only in a straight cash deal - I don't want any bu.llshit swap deal with lemar cos (a) we don't need a winger (b) lemar is distinctly average anyway and (c) we need the money to go buy a quality centre back.
I wouldn't be shocked if we allowed lacazette to go this month, but being honest I don't expect it to happen. I think nketieh will by and large be used only for cup games (whether that is enough reason to keep him is another matter), but I just hope that martinelli isn't the one that gets squeezed by nketieh's return cos martinelli has been the stand out player this season imo

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

#Arsenal are in advanced talks to sign PSG left-back Layvin Kurzawa. Player is out of contract in six months time but Arsenal hope he can be secured now without a fee.

With @David_Ornstein for @TheAthleticUK.

https://t.co/2BxDTshIho

Herd

Post by Herd »

I think its a simple case of if we want players in we have to sell first ,the budgets been spent for this season !
Getting players on a free doesn't always work out because you overpay them and they aren't always that good making them hard to move on !
Buying Tierney for cash hasn't worked out so far as he is injury plagued ,Bellerin hasn't recovered so with all the other areas it makes sense to cash in on a forward !
Whilst I love him it makes Aubemayang the more obvious choice

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:39 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:

Laca is so far off form that it defies belief - I believe that a laca that is 100% committed to the cause is a big, big player for us, but I'm not sure that is still the case. It is for that reason I would be comfortable selling him, but only in a straight cash deal - I don't want any bu.llshit swap deal with lemar cos (a) we don't need a winger (b) lemar is distinctly average anyway and (c) we need the money to go buy a quality centre back.
I wouldn't be shocked if we allowed lacazette to go this month, but being honest I don't expect it to happen. I think nketieh will by and large be used only for cup games (whether that is enough reason to keep him is another matter), but I just hope that martinelli isn't the one that gets squeezed by nketieh's return cos martinelli has been the stand out player this season imo
Auba will be in the last year of his contract come the summer and is showing zero inclination of extending so he's the one that's off.

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:22 pm
augie wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:

Auba will be in the last year of his contract come the summer and is showing zero inclination of extending so he's the one that's off.

This month ??

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:43 pm
rodders999 wrote:
augie wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:

This month ??
No. Don't think we'll see any departures this month (except Mustafi if we bag a center back.....please please please let that happen). I'm talking about during the summer and he will have no shortage of suitors either. it will be the last big contract of his career and he'll want to play with a club serious about winning big prizes which ain't us sadly. Could easily see him at Madrid next season and I just hope we take bags of cash for him and not some part exchange deal involving Cabellos.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:02 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:43 pm
rodders999 wrote:
augie wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:

This month ??
No. Don't think we'll see any departures this month (except Mustafi if we bag a center back.....please please please let that happen). I'm talking about during the summer and he will have no shortage of suitors either. it will be the last big contract of his career and he'll want to play with a club serious about winning big prizes which ain't us sadly. Could easily see him at Madrid next season and I just hope we take bags of cash for him and not some part exchange deal involving Cabellos.
You know what will happen there rodders.... :roll: