ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
scotgooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by scotgooner »

augie wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:55 am
scotgooner wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:20 am
augie wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:46 am
scotgooner wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:22 am
I’m fucking done with this tinpot joke of a club.

Tierney is exactly what we need , young , British , hard in the tackle. I guarantee he would be one of our most solid and consistent performers for years to come.

He’s 22 , promising, eager to come. Fucking disgrace we can’t just pay the £25 million in the one go and be done with it.

Also what does it suggest to the player about his value to us? If I was Tierney I would be fucked off and thinking to myself they must not want me that much if they are penny pinching to the point of bonuses IF we win a trophy?

Honestly it’s fucking pathetic and I just cannot be bothered anymore.

If we lose out on this incredibly logical and sensible signing I’ve lost faith totally in this shit show of a football team.

You left out the word "cheap" - palace right back around same age with fcuk all experience at the top level goes to manure for £50m, and we are penny pinching over a deal for a FAR more experienced player for £25m :roll: If we dont get Tierney, the whole club can go fcuk themselves cos it should be impossible to fcuk up any deal as cheap as this
Yeah bang on mate!

£25 million is a very fair price in this fucked up market.

Every Celtic fan I’ve spoke to up here can’t say a bad word about him and would be absolutely gutted to see him go.

I just think it gives the player a horrible impression. As well as the whole world who are just laughing at how pathetically tight we are coming across. Pay the fucking money you horrible twats!

I don't know if it is a policy introduced by our American's glitzy mindset, or if it is a galactio's policy carried from our former la liga personnel, but I dunno how anyone can justify offering between £45m-£65m (depending on what report you read) for a winger that isn't a priority, and yet refusing to pay £25m for a good player in a position of urgent need of improving :roll: Is it the star process where the club feels that we need a big exciting signing to put bums on seats ? Is it so that they can point to zaha as the signing that would excite the fans like they said they would get ? It looks for all the world that it is a style over substance project that can only bring more failure

Personally I never bought into the suggestion that the £45m transfer budget thing was just a smokescreen put out by the club when in fact we have over £100m to spend - you could back up that theory if you spend your meagre funds on tierney, saliba, another centre half by now and then magically scrapped the funds together in the last few days to get zaha, but this just looks like a club with no resources trying to stretch things to an impossible level :censored:
Agreed about the £45 million shite! Never bought into it and sick of hearing about it.

Completely agree also about the style over substance. I said at the start of the transfer window I only want to see defenders bought if nothing else.

So far we have signed a young kid striker, a centre half “for the future” and a midfielder.

It grinds my fucking gears!

I would much rather get Tierney and then spend the £40-60 million if it is even there on a top class centre back.

Zaha would be nice but he isn’t going to stop us shipping in 5 at Anfield.

The whole club is backward.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Joining on the bandwagon of pissed off Gooners that can't understand how Tierney hasn't taken a picture with an Arsenal shirt yet. How fucking cheap do we need to be to start stalling over £25m when Manure is failing at 6th with a half dysfunctional team and signed James and AWB already.

Also, I read somewhere Palace or us (don't know who's more stupid) offered Zaha for Reiss + 45m. Fuck off with that too, Reiss is not up for grabs, he can do well coming off the bench this season and can certainly replace Iwobi in my books. As someone said above, Tierney can relatively stop the damage at the back and whilst Zaha can make our attack an immense good, he won't be enough to make us stop conceding shit goals and be 1-0 down at the half every other week.

Those inbreds down the road signed a very good midfielder and are heavily linked with Lo Celso, what the fuck are we doing ffs.

Naki_Gooner

Post by Naki_Gooner »

Don't care if we sign anymore players, would love to be able to look at a team sheet that doesn't have mickeytarragon, granit xhaka, mustavalaugh, Alex iwobble, nacho monreal, Laurent koscielny.... have I missed anyone? :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

This Ceballos kid seems to be a bit of a fruit cake :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ronchitis/

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

has the club actually said we only have 40 million ? - i think that's bollocks.

likewise for Zaha. i think that is agent/paper talk - he is not Dick's type of player.

whereas ceballas, guendozi, torreira are. likewise Tiernay.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Zahabeck would add nothing substantial to the team. An inconsistent show pony that can do a few nice tricks and rag doll some shit like Mustafalaugh and also go literally months without a good game? WE HAD HIM. HIS NAME WAS DANNY FUCKING WELBECK FFS.

I find the concept even the fucking outside idea of Zahabeck being considered a glitzy, or a big name, or fuck me, a marquee signing as absolutely ludicrous. I don't know what the fuck some of you have been watching but it ain't the premier league. :roll: :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

clockender1 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:48 pm
has the club actually said we only have 40 million ? - i think that's bollocks.

likewise for Zaha. i think that is agent/paper talk - he is not Dick's type of player.

whereas ceballas, guendozi, torreira are. likewise Tiernay.

The £40M is basically what is in the pot under the good old self sustaining business model. That is money that isn't already allocated to other commitments.

Can we spend more - fu.ck yes, but we'd have to borrow it and pay it back!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:44 pm
This Ceballos kid seems to be a bit of a fruit cake :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ronchitis/
He should fit right in here at G2G then! :whee:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:17 pm
Zahabeck would add nothing substantial to the team. An inconsistent show pony that can do a few nice tricks and rag doll some shit like Mustafalaugh and also go literally months without a good game? WE HAD HIM. HIS NAME WAS DANNY FUCKING WELBECK FFS.

I find the concept even the fucking outside idea of Zahabeck being considered a glitzy, or a big name, or fuck me, a marquee signing as absolutely ludicrous. I don't know what the fuck some of you have been watching but it ain't the premier league. :roll: :lol:
Well, it looks like he's already got his Goal Celebration worked out. :D

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Naki_Gooner wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:20 pm
Don't care if we sign anymore players, would love to be able to look at a team sheet that doesn't have mickeytarragon, granit xhaka, mustavalaugh, Alex iwobble, nacho monreal, Laurent koscielny.... have I missed anyone? :roll:
Elnaynay?, Perhaps Mesut 'I play when I can be arsed on 350K a week' Ozil?.

We are f*cked whoever we sign (if anyone) because without getting rid of most of this dross they will continue to eat up £££ and take up game time while continuing to be sh*te.

This is all on wiggy - he let Wenger and Ivan the terrible lumber us with this crock of sh*t squad, now he should be taking the hit and getting shot of this lot for whatever price (zero included!), but no he just acts like none of this had anything to do with him and it all just happened out of his control.

Meanwhile he gets a polite 'nudge' from the Arsenal 'blogging community' lol he must be quaking in his boots.

Burn the whole f*cking lot down if it takes the parasite out. Our fan base is waaaaaaaay too soft.

:banghead:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

If transfer windows could get any worse this surely has to be top of the pile for all the shitfests we have had to put up with under Wenger.

The ultimate humiliation being turned away by Palace and now Celtic because they don't need to sell their prized assets. I wonder if that's because they are managed financially in a half decent way, unlike Arsenal.

Mid table by December is my prediction, unless we can keep Holding fit.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Apparently Mustafi has taken up cycling in order to try and get fit.

Midz

Post by Midz »

augie wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:46 am
scotgooner wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:22 am
I’m fucking done with this tinpot joke of a club.

Tierney is exactly what we need , young , British , hard in the tackle. I guarantee he would be one of our most solid and consistent performers for years to come.

He’s 22 , promising, eager to come. Fucking disgrace we can’t just pay the £25 million in the one go and be done with it.

Also what does it suggest to the player about his value to us? If I was Tierney I would be fucked off and thinking to myself they must not want me that much if they are penny pinching to the point of bonuses IF we win a trophy?

Honestly it’s fucking pathetic and I just cannot be bothered anymore.

If we lose out on this incredibly logical and sensible signing I’ve lost faith totally in this shit show of a football team.

You left out the word "cheap" - palace right back around same age with fcuk all experience at the top level goes to manure for £50m, and we are penny pinching over a deal for a FAR more experienced player for £25m :roll: If we dont get Tierney, the whole club can go fcuk themselves cos it should be impossible to fcuk up any deal as cheap as this
I don't know how good Tierney may be but the club bickering around over 25m seems silly when rumours have them putting much larger bids in for a shit Palace winger who will never improve the team and just be a drain on wages for the next 5 years likeOzil.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Oh and btw .. I'd much rather have Riess Nelson than Zaha

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Why is anyone surprised by this?

Not wanting to be harsh but when Wenger was here this was par for the course, not all of us believed it was all down to Wenger at the time but a multitude of sinners in the club structure yet only now is the penny seeming to drop for some. We are the archetypal 'Scotsman' in the transfer market (sorry Jock and Falkirk, but you know what i mean :wink: ), to coin an old joke, copper wire was invented by Stan and Arsene fighting over a penny from the Arsenal piggy bank :banghead:

We'll have a trolley dash with a week to go lads, dont worry its what we do!! Then the sheep in the bowl will be happy :barscarf: :barscarf:

Tierney should be a no brainer to be honest position of need, 22 YO, £25M not a massive risk or valuation in the current market, Zaha i wouldn't want anywhere near the club for the exact same reasons others have mentioned, but what worries me the most is the lack of movement out the club to free up money and wages, it feels like we are going into the new season with pretty much the same issues, i mean players, we ended last season with and currently no immediate improvement options :rubchin: