ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:47 pm
Zaha is a fuck no from me. A shitter version of Danny Welwide..... the type of player that only looks good at a shit club but fails when they step up to the big time and are expected to deliver week in week out.

Have to agree, same goes for his brother Dwayne Dibbley

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

All our emphasis should be on sorting out our defence, we don’t necessarily need to sign worldbeaters, but we do need to have whoever we sign coached properly.
Whether or not Bould’s demotion will help with this ? Only time will tell. (though not holding my breath)
If we can get Fraser and Tierney then that would be a start, but an experienced centre half is a must.
As for Torreira? His rumoured desire to return to Italy, could explain his progressive loss of form and personally, I’d take the money should a good offer be made.
Any fee however would need to be invested in a combative midfielder, not Zaha!
Reality however, I think will see Aubamayang be sold and the fee frittered away on french and african teenagers.
We are Royally fucked and with Emery’s failure to secure a top 4 finish, from what proved to be the most straight forward of opportunities coupled with Kroenke’s reluctance to invest, we shall remain fucked for a long time to come!
As I’ve said before we will be in dire straits by xmas, Emery will be released at the end of the season, leaving the club and squad in a worse state than he inherited!

augie

Post by augie »

I said it previously but I'll say it again, there is no way we should waste our meagre transfer budget on a player that wont join us until next summer :roll:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... is-season/

augie

Post by augie »

Wilfred son, you need to get it into your head that we cant afford you no matter how good or shit you are, and the fact that you are a Gooner since you were a child doesn't change things

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... al-palace/

augie

Post by augie »

Why would a guy who is assistant to what is probably one of the top 3 teams in international football, up sticks and move to be the transfer guru for a club with no funds ? :?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... transfers/

augie

Post by augie »

Still don't believe that we will sell auba but I still would be ok with selling him in a bid to generate funds for buying other players

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... al-palace/

I'm not saying that Zaha would be one of my preferred transfer targets (I would prefer carasco if I'm honest), but selling auba and using the money to buy a proper winger, surely makes more sense than playing auba out of position and unbalancing the team ? Personally I think that the price for Zaha is ridiculous, but at the same time I do want the club to buy younger players with an appetite to improve and be successful

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

the fact is Aubamayang is our best player.
it would be utter madness to even consider selling him.

We don't even have Welbeck anymore - where is the striking backup if Lacazette got injured ?

augie

Post by augie »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:47 am
the fact is Aubamayang is our best player.
it would be utter madness to even consider selling him.

We don't even have Welbeck anymore - where is the striking backup if Lacazette got injured ?

I would say to you that (a) he is not our best player - laziness/cant be arsed shows itself too much for my liking (b) he is 30 years old (c) at approx. £80m he is our most sellable asset to bring in funds and allow us to build from the back

I really don't see the point in having a great attack and a shit defence, and I think any player to keep the forward line together at the expense of the back line, is way beyond madness

augie

Post by augie »

Breaking news on ssn ……….

ac milan are about to lodge a bid for torreira on a 2 year loan with a view to a £25m bid

I thought that we were/are taking the piss out of celtic with the Tierney bids, but this ac milan bid brings it to a whole new level of taking the piss :evil: They think that we would sell one of our best players from last season for less than we bought him for ? Do they think that a club needing to sell would loan a sellable asset out ? Unless that 2 year loan fee is about £50m, I wouldnt entertain the bid - in fact I dont think the club should even show milan the respect to respond to the bid, and should ignore them unless they want to grow up and talk respectfully :censored: :censored:

augie

Post by augie »

Another stroke of transfer genius by the senile old French cock :roll:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... 6-signing/

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

augie wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:36 am

ac milan are about to lodge a bid for torreira on a 2 year loan with a view to a £25m bid

I thought that we were/are taking the piss out of celtic with the Tierney bids, but this ac milan bid brings it to a whole new level of taking the piss :evil: They think that we would sell one of our best players from last season for less than we bought him for ? Do they think that a club needing to sell would loan a sellable asset out ? Unless that 2 year loan fee is about £50m, I wouldnt entertain the bid - in fact I dont think the club should even show milan the respect to respond to the bid, and should ignore them unless they want to grow up and talk respectfully :censored: :censored:
they are readying that ridiculous bid because gazidis knows that the Muppets running our club are capable of accepting it

augie

Post by augie »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:23 pm
augie wrote:

they are readying that ridiculous bid because gazidis knows that the Muppets running our club are capable of accepting it

If we sell torreira cos we received a bid that was too good to turn down, then I would be on board with that even though I would prefer to keep him. If we allowed him (or any sellable player) to leave on loan and/or for a ridiculously low price, then I would absolutely lose my shit on the type of level that I felt was only possible when the French cock was getting new contracts. There isn't a player out there (and I include messi in that) that we could sign, that would excuse letting torreira go on loan (much less a 2yr loan)

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
augie wrote:

Strange as it sounds, think that's nearer the truth

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:02 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
augie wrote:

If we sell torreira cos we received a bid that was too good to turn down, then I would be on board with that even though I would prefer to keep him. If we allowed him (or any sellable player) to leave on loan and/or for a ridiculously low price, then I would absolutely lose my shit on the type of level that I felt was only possible when the French cock was getting new contracts. There isn't a player out there (and I include messi in that) that we could sign, that would excuse letting torreira go on loan (much less a 2yr loan)

Torreira isn't going anywhere for stupid money because Juventus are the only Italian club with real cash and they don't need him. Christ, Napoli are whining and bitching about paying £4M for Ospina who is an established international with a bundle of caps.

Herd

Post by Herd »

This morning I had a very large poo, I had to flush it several times as it didn't want to go but after three or four flushes and a nudge from the Bog Brush it shifted and I was pleased .
This got me thinking of our own difficult to shift turds ,I haven't heard anything whatsoever and I wonder how proactive we are being in getting rid of Ozil Mustafi,and Miki to mention but three ?

Also can anyone tell me why on earth we would buy a player and lend him back for a year ? It's fine if you have a huge squad brimming over with stars but we need players now so this Saliba deal seems pointless !

Lastly why the fuck are we going in for Kieran Tierney, is the Diaby treatment room under employed ,this man has had injury after injury and thats in Scottish football which is the standard of our league 1 at best ,he'd be fucked if he playeed in the premiership where people expect you to play 50 games a season !

I know theres a long way to go but im not confident at all that those charged with transfers know what the fark they are doing !