ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

clockender1 wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:14 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:20 pm
This guy was just one of the biggest non events I've ever seen wear our historic jersey. What exactly was his role? Just seemed to wander around avoiding the ball.... :roll:

Good riddance.
unfortunately we have seen far too many of his ilk - what was the point of Denilson, sanogoals, the Japanese ones who never played a game etc etc

having read 80% of the book now, Dick (except for PSG) has always been brought in to stabilize a decent club in decline (sadly familiar that story....) by a) energizing the senior players and b) bring in quality from lower divisions or youth teams - negredo, david villa, dani alves, david silva, etc

in the case of Valencia he succeeded where Claudio Ranieri and Koeman didn't ( and they got sacked for it) by binning the overpaid senior players that no longer performed - and who he gave a year to then he binned them if they didn't perform. all of which greatly respected him for it and said he was hard but fair....
Which book is that mate?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

clockender1 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
This guy was just one of the biggest non events I've ever seen wear our historic jersey. What exactly was his role? Just seemed to wander around avoiding the ball.... :roll:

Good riddance.
unfortunately we have seen far too many of his ilk - what was the point of Denilson, sanogoals, the Japanese ones who never played a game etc etc

having read 80% of the book now, Dick (except for PSG) has always been brought in to stabilize a decent club in decline (sadly familiar that story....) by a) energizing the senior players and b) bring in quality from lower divisions or youth teams - negredo, david villa, dani alves, david silva, etc

in the case of Valencia he succeeded where Claudio Ranieri and Koeman didn't ( and they got sacked for it) by binning the overpaid senior players that no longer performed - and who he gave a year to then he binned them if they didn't perform. all of which greatly respected him for it and said he was hard but fair....
Jesus if he does that at our place then that's half the squad out the door! :lol: :wink:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:45 am
clockender1 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Good riddance.

Jesus if he does that at our place then that's half the squad out the door! :lol: :wink:
Only half DB :rubchin: :lol:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

the transfer window should be only open for two weeks.

all the business happens near the fu*king end anyway.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Sorry Herd I just do not buy into club insider ITK stuff on Internet forums.

I will say that you are reading his body language as bad attitude which is inaccurate.

I'd also say that his ridiculous salary is the biggest hurdle to any team showing interest in him. He is rated as a world class player around the world. If he was on 100k a week with us we'd have zero problems offloading him even though he is certainly past his best. But no big club is going to pay a transfer fee and 350k a week for a 30 year old.

I do agree though (and always have said it) that he is the type of luxury player that needs world class players around him. Not because they carry him but because players at that level think differently and (like Henry and Bergkamp) can work on a different level because of their vision and read of the game.
Beleive it or not thats your perogative,but if you say Im wrong about his body language then I'd hate to see what it looks like if he's really pissed off !
Going on the missing list ,spurious injuries ,manager not knowing where he is or what the injury is ,these are little tale tale signs that we saw last season but OK we are all wrong he's a great club man !.
Even at 30 a player like him should be worth 40-60 million wages not withstanding ,and so he gets 18 million a year wages.
So if you gave him away his wages would equate to a transfer fee which means any top club can afford him .....................but strangely we cant even give him away even with his positive outlook hard workrate ,commitment to training and of course his cheery deamanour which puts a smile on everyones face at the club especially Iwobi !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

falkirk goon wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:44 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:45 am
clockender1 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Good riddance.

Only half DB :rubchin: :lol:
I was being generous. :D :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:28 am

Sorry Herd I just do not buy into club insider ITK stuff on Internet forums.

I will say that you are reading his body language as bad attitude which is inaccurate.

I'd also say that his ridiculous salary is the biggest hurdle to any team showing interest in him. He is rated as a world class player around the world. If he was on 100k a week with us we'd have zero problems offloading him even though he is certainly past his best. But no big club is going to pay a transfer fee and 350k a week for a 30 year old.

I do agree though (and always have said it) that he is the type of luxury player that needs world class players around him. Not because they carry him but because players at that level think differently and (like Henry and Bergkamp) can work on a different level because of their vision and read of the game.
Beleive it or not thats your perogative,but if you say Im wrong about his body language then I'd hate to see what it looks like if he's really pissed off !
Going on the missing list ,spurious injuries ,manager not knowing where he is or what the injury is ,these are little tale tale signs that we saw last season but OK we are all wrong he's a great club man !.
Even at 30 a player like him should be worth 40-60 million wages not withstanding ,and so he gets 18 million a year wages.
So if you gave him away his wages would equate to a transfer fee which means any top club can afford him .....................but strangely we cant even give him away even with his positive outlook hard workrate ,commitment to training and of course his cheery deamanour which puts a smile on everyones face at the club especially Iwobi !
The problem with posts like this on Internet forums is you assume your opinion is fact based on.... nothing but opinion. Your opinion is your opinion fine.... but to present all that shite up above as fact is ludicrous mate.

Here's what none of us on here know for a fact:

We don't know if Dick wants him gone.

We don't know if any club has at any point in the last couple of years shown an interest.

We don't know what our response might have been if there were interest.

We don't know what his agent might have said to potential suitors re wages bonuses etc.

We don't know if the club are willing to let a top name (and marketing opportunity) walk without receiving a fee.

We don't know if he is a problem in the dressing room. Or if (as the players seem to imply by their actual statements :wink: ) he's a loved and respected teammate.

We don't know what he thinks or what his body language means to him. But hey if he's not jumping around clowning about like infamous alcoholic and manic depressive gobshite Gazza then he "has an attitude problem".

Also (general comment) this silly shit concept of "if no one is publicly chasing player x it means player x is shit" or whatever is ridiculous. How many "big clubs" were trying to prise Bergkamp off us during his peak years? He must have been shit huh?

Herd

Post by Herd »

Your being pedantic ,I haven't presented anything as fact at all it is of course my own opinion however I choose to think it's the way I've described based on what I have heard from a myriad of sources ,and filtered it through my own crazed mind .
It's a forum Db people express their opinions it's kind of what it's there for and whilst I realise your word is of course more important than anyone's due to your lofty status as moderator ,I cannot agree and think that the bug eyed one is a bad influence and should be shown the door.
Now if there were clubs sniffing you can bet your bottom dollar that it would be leaked all over the place that football.
Anyways Im off to the airport for a few days in Malta ,lets see what happens !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:43 pm
Your being pedantic ,I haven't presented anything as fact at all it is of course my own opinion however I choose to think it's the way I've described based on what I have heard from a myriad of sources ,and filtered it through my own crazed mind .
It's a forum Db people express their opinions it's kind of what it's there for and whilst I realise your word is of course more important than anyone's due to your lofty status as moderator ,I cannot agree and think that the bug eyed one is a bad influence and should be shown the door.
Now if there were clubs sniffing you can bet your bottom dollar that it would be leaked all over the place that football.
Anyways Im off to the airport for a few days in Malta ,lets see what happens !
Read your post again mate. You presented it as fact and implied insider info ffs. :lol: :wink:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:10 pm
Which book is that mate?
El Maestro - the Authorized Biography of Unai Emery.

El Maestro is the Nickname the Spanish Press gave him - it means 'The Teacher".

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Unai-Emery-Mae ... way&sr=8-1

it was originally written in Spanish before he signed for us. i got it for xmas from her inside the doors.

augie

Post by augie »

clockender1 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:50 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Which book is that mate?

it was originally written in Spanish before he signed for us. i got it for xmas from her inside the doors.

As a modern man ( :wink: ) I do all my book reading on my kindle, and it pisses me off when I cant get books like this in english on it :evil:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

augie wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:13 pm
clockender1 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:50 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Which book is that mate?

As a modern man ( :wink: ) I do all my book reading on my kindle, and it pisses me off when I cant get books like this in english on it :evil:
i do too mate but there is not a kindle one and i did want to read about him as a person and manager.

its a dry read but very insightful.

back on topic - 75 million for Lukaku :lol: :lol: :lol:

our two must be worth double that each.

Midz

Post by Midz »

fuck off, ozil!

I just don't like him.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Midz wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:36 pm
fuck off, ozil!

I just don't like him.

Heyyyy! C'mon mate noi need for that I mean he can't help being an arrogant Twatt I mean look at DB. :D

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Read your post again mate. You presented it as fact and implied insider info ffs. :lol: :wink:
OK I Read it again and I clearly not only say I dont have proof or direct contact I name it as third hand which anyone can take it with as many grains of salt as they wish so again your just nitpicking for the sake of it ,but hey that's what you do fella.
The balance of probabilities given the massive amount of noise oozing into the Islington atmosphere,his own truculant behaviour on the pitch and his references to pussies after being subbed a final leads me to believe differently. I understand your point and I hope your right because if we can't get rid of him we don,t want him stinking the place out .