ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Herd

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Herd »

It could well be that we have Zero money to spend and the 45 million is just a ruse .
Thus we will need to sell 2 or three players which will raise money and shift the turd by giving him away .
It will take a lot of snake oil salesman tactics to offload Ozil but it must be done or else we face a protracted season of back twinge absences from training or the pitch because of his wife's rough use of the 14 inch Strapon .
According to Turkish custom the only lubrication allowed with the "Kurd Fucker" as it is known is the trough grease of a Goat meat kebab gyro !
It really doesn't matter if Auba goes to MUFC Solskear is going to have a very hard season so having another petulant prima donna on the team will be fine !
And if the numbers regarding athletico or inter for Xhaka are real then ciao ciao baby !

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

augie wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:53 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:59 pm
augie wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:31 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:37 pm
Surely we wouldn't repeat RVP with Auba would we :suicide:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... al-Man-Utd

£85m-£90m and I would sell - I would sell for less to a foreign club, but there would be a premium on any player we would be selling to a domestic rival
The difference with the rvp situation was that we are in a much, much worse situation now, and need to sell to generate funds

if they sell to them again I think I'll be taking a break from all things Arsenal

He is 30 years old next month. He didn't just turn in a shit performance in baku, he put in next to no effort. We are potless and need a transfer fee like that to enable us to bring in 2 players to strengthen the team (like victims did with cuntinho). He would be joining a club in absolute disarray and he wouldn't be likely to rub it in our noses with a league title any time soon.
Buddy we have FAR too many holes in the team to get fixated on any one player, and a stronger team should be the priority over a strong forward line
When you it like that is isn't so bad but will we buy well with that money?

I'd prefer one 20+ goals a season player over a collection of shite ones

augie

Post by augie »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:24 am
augie wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
augie wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:37 pm
Surely we wouldn't repeat RVP with Auba would we :suicide:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... al-Man-Utd

£85m-£90m and I would sell - I would sell for less to a foreign club, but there would be a premium on any player we would be selling to a domestic rival
The difference with the rvp situation was that we are in a much, much worse situation now, and need to sell to generate funds

if they sell to them again I think I'll be taking a break from all things Arsenal

He is 30 years old next month. He didn't just turn in a shit performance in baku, he put in next to no effort. We are potless and need a transfer fee like that to enable us to bring in 2 players to strengthen the team (like victims did with cuntinho). He would be joining a club in absolute disarray and he wouldn't be likely to rub it in our noses with a league title any time soon.
Buddy we have FAR too many holes in the team to get fixated on any one player, and a stronger team should be the priority over a strong forward line

The situation AS I SEE IT, is that we are a million miles away from challenging for the big prizes, and still some distance away from the smaller ones inc top 4 (unless our rivals have another mare season). Therefore buying established stars is pointless, and aiming/expecting to win now is unrealistic and setting us up for more heartache. In my opinion we need to buy cheaper younger players like Tierney, Saliba, and dembele from lyon (even though he had a mare last night) cos they will be driven to succeed and improve, and along with our existing young players (nelson, smith-rowe, holding etc) we can build a team that will give us hope for 2020/2021 and the seasons after that, cos anything else is unrealistic and success with players like mikki and xhaka and auba is not gonna happen

augie

Post by augie »

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:33 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:24 am
augie wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
augie wrote:

The situation AS I SEE IT, is that we are a million miles away from challenging for the big prizes, and still some distance away from the smaller ones inc top 4 (unless our rivals have another mare season). Therefore buying established stars is pointless, and aiming/expecting to win now is unrealistic and setting us up for more heartache. In my opinion we need to buy cheaper younger players like Tierney, Saliba, and dembele from lyon (even though he had a mare last night) cos they will be driven to succeed and improve, and along with our existing young players (nelson, smith-rowe, holding etc) we can build a team that will give us hope for 2020/2021 and the seasons after that, cos anything else is unrealistic and success with players like mikki and xhaka and auba is not gonna happen

I've no real issue with selling Auba for serious money but would much rather that he went abroad. There is nothing more tedious at the bowl than manc wankers giving it all the old rvp bollox.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Actually there are more tedious things at the bowl but you get my point.

augie

Post by augie »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:27 pm
Actually there are more tedious things at the bowl but you get my point.

I absolutely get your point, and my preference too would be to sell him abroad, but at the same time we need the money so I would be ok with selling him domestically (within reason of course)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

For me there is not one single player in our squad I wouldn't sell if the money was even half decent tbh.

Priority is getting rid of the absolute putrid gashmonkeys (Xhakatard, Mustafalaugh and Comedy Fucking Two Arses) and the players on silly money that are not earning it with consistent quality and / or don't suit the style and system Dick is trying to introduce (Ozil and Mickey Tarragon).

The problem is we will not raise much from those sales (and realistically probably lose a bundle paying off the last two's contracts).

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Easy to find a buyer for Aubameyang and Toreria, we have about 10 absolute shit useless fuckers to get rid of, they are priority

Midz

Post by Midz »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:52 pm
Easy to find a buyer for Aubameyang and Toreria, we have about 10 absolute shit useless fuckers to get rid of, they are priority
Very true.

Being realistic this transfer window will be very dull for us.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Lets sell all our half decent players and keep the dross, then buy even more dross and we might even sustain a relegation campaign next season if we can mirror our away form at home.

There is absolutely no sense selling a 20 league goals a season player to a team who are competing with us in the top 6.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

augie wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:55 am
Would love this to happen, but of course that means it wont :cry: :cry:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... erney.html

I have to say that even if we had loads of cash to spend, tierney would still be my first choice left back to buy
I'd prefer the hammmers or foxes left full back. Forget their names !. Probably not for sale. :barscarf: :barscarf:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:03 am
Lets sell all our half decent players and keep the dross, then buy even more dross and we might even sustain a relegation campaign next season if we can mirror our away form at home.

There is absolutely no sense selling a 20 league goals a season player to a team who are competing with us in the top 6.
This^

augie

Post by augie »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:37 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:03 am

This^

Ok maybe the two of ye can tell me this ……….. what do you expect emery to be able to buy with £45m ? I see loads of people (myself included) talking about needing to generate funds by selling the likes of ozil/mustafi/mikki/xhaka etc, but tell me honestly, who is gonna buy them and how much will they bring in ? If we push them hard enough in the transfer market we might offload one or two (not ozil though cos that c.unt aint going nowhere), but the buying clubs will know that we need to sell them and will negotiate a lower fee for them, and lets be honest and admit that they aint gonna bring in much Wonga regardless. Are we expecting dick to work miracles then with a new (much improved :roll: ) transfer budget of £65m-£75m ?

I accept that auba scored 20+ goals last season, but the way I am looking at it is that we will be getting £80m for a 30 year old player, and that is serious money for a player of that age. I wouldnt consider selling laca to a domestic rival for that price, even though I have consistantly said that there is almost no player that I wouldnt sell this summer if the price was right. I'll say this again, we are far too poor a team, and have too many weak spots in the team, to prioritise keeping a 30 year old player over getting in the cash to buy 2 players - yes it is HIGHLY UNLIKELY that we can buy a striker at his level for £40m (half his fee), but whether we like it or not, we are now shopping in the £25m-£35m price bracket for all our players, so the fee received for him would buy at least an extra 2 players (in a higher price bracket) to improve the team overall, as opposed to our current budget which wouldnt even buy 2 players at that level.

When GG made us great again back in the day, he did so by building from the back and knew that a strong defence was the platform for every successful team - we had 2 great strikers that scared opposition defences shitless last season, but as a team we looked weak for large parts of the season, and that was down to how weak we are defensively. Put simply we need to bring in good defenders - if dick (or whatever manager we have in the future) is able to build a strong defence again, maybe we wont need to score as many goals to win games (the return of 1 nil to The Arsenal 8) ), and maybe the loss of auba wont be felt as much. Maybe we will then see an Arsenal side again where the sum of their parts is better than the individuals ?

I would say that this will be the last season where we will see the league as a top 6 - if the geordies get bought by this new dubai/quatar guy, then next summer they will be throwing serious money around to buy quality players, and I will expect them and everton (with moshiri and usmanov's wealth and backing), to be hunting down a top 6 place big time. If we are no further on next summer (which will be the case unless we spend at least £100m this summer) then we will be in serious trouble - our best hopes (in my opinion) will be to plan for next season now, and bring in a few players (like tierney, salibia etc) and give them a year to get used to the league, so that next season they will be players we can build around and then we wont have as many holes to fill next summer.

With an owner contributing ZERO financial backing, there is no short-term fix to this lads. If ye think that ye can sell the dross and generate enough funds to make us competitive again, then I will be on board with that - if (as I suspect) that cant be done, then next season ye will be left with a still average team that is defensively porous, but is being led by a 31 year old striker

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

I think the reason people are worried about selling Auba is because we have no faith in the club to then invest the money to improve what needs improving, so we might just be weakening ourselves.

But if we want to get better over the longer term then frankly we will just have to trust those in charge of recruitment do a good job, and that's where there is definitely an argument to say getting that sort of money in and reinvesting it in other areas of the team makes sense. It's blind faith because we have no evidence they will get it right, but the alternative is just stagnation, so I'd rather we tried and failed than not try at all.

It's been said many times before on here but our recruitment and contract management whilst Wenger was here was abysmal in recent years. In the last year or two, with the changes they are trying to implement behind the scenes things are looking a bit better but the contract situ will take a few years to work itself out.