ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by mcdowell42 »

As everyone is aware I'm partial to a bit of a transfer thread, but I suggest we lock it down Luke, there is nothing to see here. We are heading to mid table medicrocity, there's nobody coming in that will be a big name player.

Sean

Post by Sean »

I agree that failing to win last night and get into the Be All and End All means that our transfer budget is going to be seriously compromised now under this tight-fisted regime. I can only hope that we can sell the wasters and can rebuild a competent defence.

augie wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 1:33 pm
Think we should have a similar poll up here, but I don't know how to set it up - polls like the one below are open to non Gooners to distort the sentiment of proper Arsenal fans, and there is a load of current players that I would like to know if fans want to go or stay

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... -should-go
You're right, there's no way to have a poll on each player without flooding the board.

Out of the players listed on there:

KEEP
Leno, Ospina, Kolasinac, Mavropanos, Chambers, Holding, Sokratis, Guendouzi, Torreira, Lacazette, Aubameyang.

SELL
Monreal, Bellerin, Lichtsteiner, Jenkinson, Koscielny, Mustafi, Elneny, Maitland-Niles, Xhaka, Mkhitaryan, Iwobi, Ozil, [*Random pubber youths].

*Yes, the failed Project Youth has prejudiced my view of the youth players in general. They have usually been massively overhyped and usually end up playing outside the PL or non-league.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Schalke want to bring Sead Kolasinac back to their club. [Sport Bild]

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 2:10 pm
As everyone is aware I'm partial to a bit of a transfer thread, but I suggest we lock it down Luke, there is nothing to see here. We are heading to mid table medicrocity, there's nobody coming in that will be a big name player.
Luke is seriously considering it..... :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Also.... Willock? :lol:

What the actual fuck were some of you watching last night? :roll:

"Not phased" by it? Clean through on goal and fucking put it wide from 8 yards ffs. :roll:

The kid is nowhere near ready for that level. Let him get the shit your pants panic-shot misses out of his game in the ressies.

Fucking Willock. :lol: :oops:

John F

Post by John F »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 3:51 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 2:10 pm
Luke is seriously considering it..... :lol:
I
Luke,I am his father .

John F

Post by John F »

Lacazette seen in Barcelona today has set the rumour mill going.Wouldn't be surprised if he did leave our failing club but he was probably still trying to get back from Baku.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Use the Force Luke. :wink:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Looking at our squad and players length of time remaining contracts;

8 are out of contract this June - Cech, Macey, Ramsey, Welbeck, Monreal, Jenkinson, Lichsteiner, Suarez (loan)

Certainly 4 will leave and I cannot imagine the other 4 being offered extensions

I'd also look to sell players with contracts expiring in 2020 and 2021 as we cannot have this lot running down their contracts with a year remaining, going on a free;

Koscielny, Bielik, Mustafi, Sokratis, Mkhitaryan, Ozil and Aubameyang.

That will probably raise in the current market about £150m, with Aubameyang bringing in at least half of the that, especially after his golden boot win, 31 goals in total. Giving us a transfer budget of £190m.

Admittedly, that's 15 players leaving the first team squad in one summer. Most would agree would be a good thing, especially given the names listed.

About 5 or 6 Academy player sound like they will be promoted to first squad Willock, Nkeitah, Smith-Rowe, Nelson, and Medley.

That leaves us with 23 players in the first team squad. £190m would buy us 4 or 5 quality players to move us back into the top 4. It is the biggest summer for the club for 20 years. Let's hope they get this right.

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:43 pm

8 are out of contract this June - Cech, Macey, Ramsey, Welbeck, Monreal, Jenkinson, Lichsteiner, Suarez (loan)

Certainly 4 will leave and I cannot imagine the other 4 being offered extensions

I'd also look to sell players with contracts expiring in 2020 and 2021 as we cannot have this lot running down their contracts with a year remaining, going on a free;

That will probably raise in the current market about £150m, with Aubameyang bringing in at least half of the that, especially after his golden boot win, 31 goals in total. Giving us a transfer budget of £190m.

Admittedly, that's 15 players leaving the first team squad in one summer. Most would agree would be a good thing, especially given the names listed.

About 5 or 6 Academy player sound like they will be promoted to first squad Willock, Nkeitah, Smith-Rowe, Nelson, and Medley.

That leaves us with 23 players in the first team squad. £190m would buy us 4 or 5 quality players to move us back into the top 4. It is the biggest summer for the club for 20 years. Let's hope they get this right.

You reckon that we will get £150m for that lot ? Seriously ? Not if you threw in 5 Beverley Hills mansions into the deal would you get that money for them - for starters 5 of those 6 players you are hoping to get big money for are in their 30s and no-one will spend big money on players of that age, but also you need to get the idea of ozil going out of your mind cos no-one gonna buy him with those wages, plus he is on a cushy number and has no intention of leaving.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:17 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:43 pm

You reckon that we will get £150m for that lot ? Seriously ? Not if you threw in 5 Beverley Hills mansions into the deal would you get that money for them - for starters 5 of those 6 players you are hoping to get big money for are in their 30s and no-one will spend big money on players of that age, but also you need to get the idea of ozil going out of your mind cos no-one gonna buy him with those wages, plus he is on a cushy number and has no intention of leaving.
Aubameyang is a £80m stirker on his own. They may not be doing it for us but both Ozil and Mkhiyaryan would get £20m each in the current market because they have great footballing qualities but are not doing it for us. £30m for the 4 defenders is not unreasonable. Despite what we think of these players it isn't a view shared by the rest of the footballing world.

Parlour'sBeermat

Post by Parlour'sBeermat »

John F wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 8:26 pm
Lacazette seen in Barcelona today has set the rumour mill going.Wouldn't be surprised if he did leave our failing club but he was probably still trying to get back from Baku.
This is in the news again this morning. If we get £80M for Laca and £20M each for Ozil, Mustafi and Mickey. Plus the £40M from the self sustaining model that's £180M to spend. That's enough for a decent rebuild. Hopefully a couple of the youngsters will also be good enough squad players.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Parlour'sBeermat wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:07 am
John F wrote:
This is in the news again this morning. If we get £80M for Laca and £20M each for Ozil, Mustafi and Mickey. Plus the £40M from the self sustaining model that's £180M to spend. That's enough for a decent rebuild. Hopefully a couple of the youngsters will also be good enough squad players.

I’d much rather sell Aubameyang out of the two - he’d possibly fetch the higher fee and his hair, cars, goal celebration makes me think he believes he is far better than he actually is. On the pitch Lacazette works harder for the team, which is what we need right now as too many elsewhere on the pitch can’t be bothered.
I’d happily also sell Bellerin for a decent amount and get someone in who defends as a priority

Oh and welcome to the forum Parlour’s Beermat :barscarf:

Parlour'sBeermat

Post by Parlour'sBeermat »

StuartL wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:10 pm
Parlour'sBeermat wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:07 am
John F wrote:

I’d much rather sell Aubameyang out of the two - he’d possibly fetch the higher fee and his hair, cars, goal celebration makes me think he believes he is far better than he actually is. On the pitch Lacazette works harder for the team, which is what we need right now as too many elsewhere on the pitch can’t be bothered.
I’d happily also sell Bellerin for a decent amount and get someone in who defends as a priority

Oh and welcome to the forum Parlour’s Beermat :barscarf:
Thanks.

i agree that we should keep Laca and sell Auba. Auba is 30 and we are running out of time if we wanted to sell him and cash in.

In an ideal world we'd keep both but funds being what they are...

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Tuttosport claim #Arsenal have had a €42m offer rejected for Sampdoria duo Joachim Andersen & Dennis Praet. For the moment, Sampdoria president Massimo Ferrero is not satisfied by the offer. https://t.co/IvCLyGTxpK