ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to Mundo Deportivo, Atletico Madrid are very confident that there will be no surprises in the Thomas case. They remain firm in requesting the €50m buyout clause from anyone that wants the Ghanaian. https://t.co/IoGPPWGmO5

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:41 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:44 pm
Rumours of interest in countinho has picked up again. Also, one I haven't heard until today Jorginho from the chavs? Is he really an upgrade on xhaka?
I can't believe you even asked that question. Have you ever seen my granny play football? No, of course you haven't - she's dead. And she would still be an upgrade on Xhakatard.
The reason I asked that question is because I haven't seen anything in Jorginho that would make me want him in the Arsenal first team. He is as pedestrian and as poor a midfielder as Xhaka is. He was in and out of the chavs first team last season, and the same will happen again this season. Problem we have, we don't have quality midfielders that would oust xhaka. Our midfield is so poor that Elneny was like a breath of fresh air when he came back from his loan spell. It is shocking! Ancellotti saw the problem with everton, bought 3 quality midfielders and look at the difference.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Could be that talk of Coutinho and Jorginho is the kick that makes Aulas take our Aouar bid seriously . Like everyone else Lyon need to balance their books and a cash injection of this size is what they need . He can kick and shout that it's not enough but these times are different and if it's the going rate he is in the take it or leave it corner.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

We should go for lamptey and sell bellerina

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Torino sport director Vagnati confirms that Arsenal are not accepting to loan out Torreira... at the moment: "Torreira is a top player but his price is too high. It's difficult to sign him from Arsenal, not just for us". Also Atléti want him on loan, #AFC ask for permanent deal.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal are going to go back with a second bid of €40m + €10m in add ons for Houssem Aouar. [@jamesbenge].

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Breaking | Lyon have rejected a 2nd bid from Arsenal for Houssem Aouar, according to RMC.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:51 pm
Breaking | Lyon have rejected a 2nd bid from Arsenal for Houssem Aouar, according to RMC.
We probably bid the same amount again.. :oops:

John F

Post by John F »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:25 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
I think we added 1p :roll:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I get the feeling neither Partey, my preferred purchase, or Aouar are going to be with us by the 05/10, i also more worryingly get the feeling that none of the shite is going to be offloaded either.... cue excuses from Vinai, Edu and Mikel on how difficult the market has been due to financial constraints placed on the club by Covid and loss of earnings :banghead: but not one mention of our illustrious owner getting $5Bn dollars worth of funds together to build the new Rams stadium :roll:

Nevermind though, Xhaka, Kolasinac and Mustafi are in reality like new signings and Ozil is going to rise like a Phoenix, with splinters in its arse, from the bench to be the new Pirlo :rubchin:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:25 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Or less :? :roll:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

City ship 5 on Sunday then spend 65 million quid on a defender Monday morning.

Game’s gone 8)

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:29 am

Game’s gone 8)

If they were really serious about fixing their defensive issues they would go out and buy koulabaily (sp :oops: ) - napoli stitched them up when they had a deal agreed for jorginho and because of that they dont want to deal with them again, but they need to swallow their pride and go get the best man for the job

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

rodders999 wrote:

Game’s gone 8)
Pep is the greatest shopper of all time

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:18 am
rodders999 wrote:

Game’s gone 8)
Pep is the greatest shopper of all time
Have you forgotten this: !!!???