ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Herd

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Herd »

I think if Emry has enough balls and a mandate from our bean counters he should have a massive clear-out and massive intake .

I would ditch bellerin,kos,lichsteiner,monreal,mustafi,jenkinson,kolasnic,elneny,mikhytaryn,ozil and Xhaka .
Wellbeck,Cech and,and Ramsey are already gone so its a major task replacing 14 players although I would bring chambers back into the squad .

However i do beleive that if we can do this we can throw off the chains of Wenger and get on with a new improved Arsenal ! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

This is a Good Un - Well thought out well presented. Unlike all the other wankers Dt et al on You Tube, this guy talks sense ...

phpBB [video]

:proudtosay:

wibble

Post by wibble »

Herd wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:03 pm
I think if Emry has enough balls and a mandate from our bean counters he should have a massive clear-out and massive intake .

I would ditch bellerin,kos,lichsteiner,monreal,mustafi,jenkinson,kolasnic,elneny,mikhytaryn,ozil and Xhaka .
Wellbeck,Cech and,and Ramsey are already gone so its a major task replacing 14 players although I would bring chambers back into the squad .

However i do beleive that if we can do this we can throw off the chains of Wenger and get on with a new improved Arsenal ! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Would agree with that, with the exception that (although he gets slated on here) I would keep Bellerin. Either way we’ve got a lot of average overpaid players on our books

augie

Post by augie »

Herd wrote:

I'm asking this in all seriousness, and I'm not having a go at anyone, but do you honestly think that he will be given enough time for a rebuild when there are already Gooners slating him for not fixing our long standing weaknesses ?? Personally I would be delighted if our board and owner backed the manager (with funds and support) to allow him to do all that, but dick would never get anywhere near enough time (or money) to do that level of rebuild

Herd

Post by Herd »

augie wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:07 pm
Herd wrote:

I'm asking this in all seriousness, and I'm not having a go at anyone, but do you honestly think that he will be given enough time for a rebuild when there are already Gooners slating him for not fixing our long standing weaknesses ?? Personally I would be delighted if our board and owner backed the manager (with funds and support) to allow him to do all that, but dick would never get anywhere near enough time (or money) to do that level of rebuild
I think that its only on Social Meida that people have started moaning Augie ,from the people I've seen and spoken to around the ground they are there to support the manager and they hope he rings the changes and if as you say that he won't be given time alll the more reason to make drastic changes !
I do realise that with a lot of the above mentioned players there is little or no resale value but I'd take a season or two of mid table activity to see real change !

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Totally agree with that list Herd but would also add Iwobi because he HAS to go! Reality is we may see 2 or 3 go, no-one has the balls to change a squad in one go unfortunately.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

TeeCee wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:16 am
Totally agree with that list Herd but would also add Iwobi because he HAS to go! Reality is we may see 2 or 3 go, no-one has the balls to change a squad in one go unfortunately.
I think / expect 5 or 6 to go some as they are out of contract and the likes of Jenkinson, Eleney, don’t play at all - Iwobi, Mustaphi, Xkaka, Ozil will depend on finding buyers.
Smith Rowe, Nelson, maybe Willock to become squad players at no cost giving us scope to bring in at least 3 purchases.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Iwobi, Xhaka, Mustafi, Elneny, Lichtsteiner and Ozil - all 6 need to follow Cech out the door. We might not get too much by way of transfer fees but they are a disaster on the pitch (Ozil aside but he has to go for different reasons) and between them would free up around 700k a week on the wage bill plus another 300k or so between Ramsey, Cech and Welbeck.

Important to redress the balance with wages and get rid of the culture of overpaying mediocrity.

augie

Post by augie »

Breaks my heart to say this lads, but ye can forget any hope of getting rid of iwobi and/or xhaka in the next transfer window - quite apart from the fact that dick might rate them, it would cost dick more money to replace them than he would get from selling them, and with a limited transfer kitty he wont want that

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Iwobi is fucking garbage and should be replaced by Nelson and/or any number of youngsters and/or possibly Denis Suarez. Or nobody. If only Wenger hadn't inexplicably fobbed Gnabry off for the infinitely less talented Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain and then sent him off to rot under Pulis before selling him. Fucking mug.

Xhaka is so far away from being good enough and would be sitting on the bench for sides knocking about in the relegation zone. We could get any number of standard PL plodders in there for less than we'd get for Xhaka (the fact he has played so many games for us would persuade somebody to pay £20m) and half his wages. Guenzoudi cost peanuts and is probably on less than a third of Xhaka's salary but he is streets ahead of him.

Agree that they will both be here next season though. Aside from the fact that a huge clear-out sounds fantastic but isn't likely to happen, Emery's greatest fault is that he seems to think that both of them are something other than fucking awful.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Cech, Ramsey, Welbeck and Lichtsteiner are certainties to leave.

Jenkinson, Chambers, Mustafi, El-Neny, Ospina and Ozil have to be sold.

Koscielny and Monreal should be sold due to being both old and injury prone but I can see a case being made for them to stay due to their experience.

Xhaka, Iwobi and Mhkitaryan should be sold if we get at least £20 million for each of them otherwise I'd persist with them for another season as squad players.

As much as we'd all like for it to happen it's completely unrealistic to see us get rid of 10+ players and bring in their replacements within one summer. Emery will need another couple of windows to get rid of the deadwood Wenger accumulated.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:46 pm
Cech, Ramsey, Welbeck and Lichtsteiner are certainties to leave.

Jenkinson, Chambers, Mustafi, El-Neny, Ospina and Ozil have to be sold.

Koscielny and Monreal should be sold due to being both old and injury prone but I can see a case being made for them to stay due to their experience.

Xhaka, Iwobi and Mhkitaryan should be sold if we get at least £20 million for each of them otherwise I'd persist with them for another season as squad players.

As much as we'd all like for it to happen it's completely unrealistic to see us get rid of 10+ players and bring in their replacements within one summer. Emery will need another couple of windows to get rid of the deadwood Wenger accumulated.
Um you are aware these three are our worst three players right? :lol: They would be the three I would absolutely prioritise getting rid of - even at a loss. They offer nothing but a wage drain.

One thing is for certain Dick has a huge rebuilding task ahead of him and with no money to do it.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:12 pm
Iwobi is fucking garbage and should be replaced by Nelson and/or any number of youngsters and/or possibly Denis Suarez. Or nobody. If only Wenger hadn't inexplicably fobbed Gnabry off for the infinitely less talented Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain and then sent him off to rot under Pulis before selling him. Fucking mug.

Xhaka is so far away from being good enough and would be sitting on the bench for sides knocking about in the relegation zone. We could get any number of standard PL plodders in there for less than we'd get for Xhaka (the fact he has played so many games for us would persuade somebody to pay £20m) and half his wages. Guenzoudi cost peanuts and is probably on less than a third of Xhaka's salary but he is streets ahead of him.

Agree that they will both be here next season though. Aside from the fact that a huge clear-out sounds fantastic but isn't likely to happen, Emery's greatest fault is that he seems to think that both of them are something other than fucking awful.
100% bang on the money ^^.

wibble

Post by wibble »

Ramsey off to Juve on 400k per week! Madness

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

wibble wrote:Ramsey off to Juve on 400k per week! Madness
Actually MORE than £400k if The Ornstein is correct. :shock:

Maybe we could get £20m for Iwobi after all.... :barscarf: