ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Nos89 »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:46 pm
Cech, Ramsey, Welbeck and Lichtsteiner are certainties to leave.

Jenkinson, Chambers, Mustafi, El-Neny, Ospina and Ozil have to be sold.

Koscielny and Monreal should be sold due to being both old and injury prone but I can see a case being made for them to stay due to their experience.

Xhaka, Iwobi and Mhkitaryan should be sold if we get at least £20 million for each of them otherwise I'd persist with them for another season as squad players.

As much as we'd all like for it to happen it's completely unrealistic to see us get rid of 10+ players and bring in their replacements within one summer. Emery will need another couple of windows to get rid of the deadwood Wenger accumulated.
15 players from a 24 man squad MUST be sold. What fucking planet are you living on??? This is the problem with modern football fans. It's a totally unrealistic approach. Which 15 players do you propose Emery brings in?
It's premier league suicide changing that many players in one window. Unless you want us to get relegated next season.
The most ridiculous post I've read on here since Gunner Rob's implosion on the EU thread.

wibble

Post by wibble »

Kingralph wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:24 pm
wibble wrote:Ramsey off to Juve on 400k per week! Madness
Actually MORE than £400k if The Ornstein is correct. :shock:

Maybe we could get £20m for Iwobi after all.... :barscarf:
Hopefully bournemouth are interested!!

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Absolute craziness about Ramsey.

Awfully managed from us to let him walk for free but fucking hell he would be hugely overpaid even on a free at half that.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

I suppose Juventus have justified the Ramsey contract by not having to pay a transfer fee but still, £400k+ is mental for a player of his level. Decent player and he'll score goals in Turin but if we had to pay anywhere near that to keep him then we were right to let him go.

Ridiculous we didn't sell him last summer. :? this football club does my head in with it's incompetence.Shame we couldn't throw in Ozil on a free too. :roll:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

400 grand a week is laughable - if they thought he was worth it then city barca or real madrid would of paid that.

No way we could of afforded that, or should we.

So no hard feelings on my part - he could of gone to united or the chavs.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Ramsey is worth nowhere near £400k a week. No wonder Arsenal withdrew their contract offer, as suspected he wanted similar wages to Ozil.

He’s never proven himself at Arsenal and now he has to compete with Matuidi, Khedira etc for a place in the Juve team. I just cant see him starting in that team.

Could you honestly label Ramsey as one of the great Arsenal midfielders. The answer is an emphatic no. This isnt sour grapes, ive been saying this for years.

augie

Post by augie »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:12 am
Ramsey is worth nowhere near £400k a week. No wonder Arsenal withdrew their contract offer, as suspected he wanted similar wages to Ozil.

He’s never proven himself at Arsenal and now he has to compete with Matuidi, Khedira etc for a place in the Juve team. I just cant see him starting in that team.

Could you honestly label Ramsey as one of the great Arsenal midfielders. The answer is an emphatic no. This isnt sour grapes, ive been saying this for years.

Yet for some insane reason, the meeja kept talking about ramsey's demands being around the 200k per week and questioning why we wouldnt meet it :roll: He isnt worth anywhere near 400k per week. We havent got a single player in the club worth anywhere near 400k per week. He thinks he is worth more than he was offered, but a footballer with an over-inflated opinion of himself is nothing new these days. I just hoe that this deal will now shut up the non-Arsenal c.unts who have been slating the club for not giving him what he wanted

Btw matuidi and (in particular) khedira are dogshit - I suspect that juve would never have signed khedira if he wasnt on a bosman, so ramsey might have a fighting chance of getting into their team. The only proviso is that he will need to learn how to be tactically aware 100% of the time cos the italians wont tolerate him going all renegade, plus I have seen matuidi play wide so he might need to be flexible there too

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Ramsey - good luck to him.

Of course he's not worth £400k per week but as we know that money reflects him pocketing the £40M transfer fee which as the new improved incompetent Arsenal we would rather that he had the money than we take a transfer fee for him. I recall reading somewhere that the contract the club took off the table was in the region of £180 - £200k per week so a fair way short of Ozil in fairness to him. I will be very interested to see how he performs for a club that has it's shit together as opposed to a club that was run by shit for brains. We are a joke at times.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Wait for the look on Ronaldo's face when another flick or backheel goes wrong.
I liked Ramsey, most Arsenal fans did because of what Shawcrunt did to him. He isn't worth what he is reportedly gping to earn , but good luck to him. I would take a massive payrise if offered.
He had a good season in 13/14 , but was also one of the most frustrating players ever to play for Arsenal. I don't think he will be missed as much as the media would like to believe.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

I'm pissed that we let him go for free because for whatever reason some clubs rate him and we could have got 30/40m for him. Not us though, flush with money, so let's give him away :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Could be worse though, had Wenger stayed, Ramsey would now be on 400k a week with us :shock:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

augie wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:14 am
nut flush gooner wrote:

Yet for some insane reason, the meeja kept talking about ramsey's demands being around the 200k per week and questioning why we wouldnt meet it :roll: He isnt worth anywhere near 400k per week. We havent got a single player in the club worth anywhere near 400k per week. He thinks he is worth more than he was offered, but a footballer with an over-inflated opinion of himself is nothing new these days. I just hoe that this deal will now shut up the non-Arsenal c.unts who have been slating the club for not giving him what he wanted

Btw matuidi and (in particular) khedira are dogshit - I suspect that juve would never have signed khedira if he wasnt on a bosman, so ramsey might have a fighting chance of getting into their team. The only proviso is that he will need to learn how to be tactically aware 100% of the time cos the italians wont tolerate him going all renegade, plus I have seen matuidi play wide so he might need to be flexible there too
That suggests that our midfield is better than theirs then, if Ramsey is good enough to get into their side. I admit I haven't seen a load of Khedira especially for Juve but always thought he was decent when I did see him. Regardless as someone else has said it will be funny to see the look on Ronaldo's face when one of his flicks (Rambo's that is) goes horribly wrong.

During my time as an Arsenal fan, I look at the likes of Brady, Davis, Rocastle, Limpar, Petit, Vieira, Pires as being great players either in the middle or out wide. Ramsey doesn't come close to these players imo.

Look up the road at the tight wage structure, and how they have created a competitive team. I have every faith once our defence is flushed down the bog, Emery can do similar things. It will take time though, and the likes of AFTV Claude can fuck off calling for his head after 6 months.

GTG

Post by GTG »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:26 pm
SydneyGooner wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:46 pm
Cech, Ramsey, Welbeck and Lichtsteiner are certainties to leave.

Jenkinson, Chambers, Mustafi, El-Neny, Ospina and Ozil have to be sold.

Koscielny and Monreal should be sold due to being both old and injury prone but I can see a case being made for them to stay due to their experience.

Xhaka, Iwobi and Mhkitaryan should be sold if we get at least £20 million for each of them otherwise I'd persist with them for another season as squad players.

As much as we'd all like for it to happen it's completely unrealistic to see us get rid of 10+ players and bring in their replacements within one summer. Emery will need another couple of windows to get rid of the deadwood Wenger accumulated.
15 players from a 24 man squad MUST be sold. What fucking planet are you living on??? This is the problem with modern football fans. It's a totally unrealistic approach. Which 15 players do you propose Emery brings in?
It's premier league suicide changing that many players in one window. Unless you want us to get relegated next season.
The most ridiculous post I've read on here since Gunner Rob's implosion on the EU thread.
Unless I'm missing something here. I'm not sure you've read the full post before replying :lol: he literally says its completely unrealistic and will take a couple of windows?

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

xisstential wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:25 am
I'm pissed that we let him go for free because for whatever reason some clubs rate him and we could have got 30/40m for him. Not us though, flush with money, so let's give him away :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Could be worse though, had Wenger stayed, Ramsey would now be on 400k a week with us :shock:
:lol: :lol:

Christ that's a thought .........then Ozil would have demanded his wage be topped up to achieve parity with Ramsey and we would have been paying £800k a week for a sick note and a couple of flicks :shock:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

northbank123 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:47 pm
Absolute craziness about Ramsey.

Awfully managed from us to let him walk for free but fucking hell he would be hugely overpaid even on a free at half that.
indeed this, letting him run his contract down was a mistake but once you realise that once that happened we are competing against clubs that can offer 400k a week - a fucking week for someone like ramsey shows you that his agent was right to tell him to reject our offers. it may have been badly managed by us but his agent has played a blinder and will earning very nicely out of this.

not sad to see him go, as much as i loved him for those wembley winners, he was never the player i thought he would become in 2009 or in 2013 during his career revival. the trouble will be replacing him. i'd imagine internal solutions may come to the rescue and nelson will be lined up as our new creative spark next season

augie

Post by augie »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:08 am
augie wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:14 am
nut flush gooner wrote:

That suggests that our midfield is better than theirs then, if Ramsey is good enough to get into their side. I admit I haven't seen a load of Khedira especially for Juve but always thought he was decent when I did see him. Regardless as someone else has said it will be funny to see the look on Ronaldo's face when one of his flicks (Rambo's that is) goes horribly wrong.

During my time as an Arsenal fan, I look at the likes of Brady, Davis, Rocastle, Limpar, Petit, Vieira, Pires as being great players either in the middle or out wide. Ramsey doesn't come close to these players imo.

Look up the road at the tight wage structure, and how they have created a competitive team. I have every faith once our defence is flushed down the bog, Emery can do similar things. It will take time though, and the likes of AFTV Claude can fuck off calling for his head after 6 months.

Juve play in a league where they dominate and any perceived weaknesses might not be exposed. They have an aging but very solid defence so sir flix a lot might not see the same negative outcome and we witness when he fcuks away possession for us. They have a strikeforce of dybala and ronaldo, so I suspect that most weeks they face teams that are programmed to sit back and defend, so a midfielder like ramsey making runs into the penalty area might be ideal.
The thing is though, that when the senile old b.astard was in charge, ramsey WAS in our team every week. Dick has identified the problem of playing a renegade ramsey in midfield in a cometitive league, and has been decisive in his actions - maybe if we were solid behind him dick would have facilitated him into his team, but this Arsenal team is nowhere near good enough to carry the likes of ramsey (and ozil) for those few bits of magic they occasionally bring to the party