ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by nut flush gooner »

augie wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:52 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:08 am
augie wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:14 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:12 am
Ramsey is worth nowhere near £400k a week. No wonder Arsenal withdrew their contract offer, as suspected he wanted similar wages to Ozil.

He’s never proven himself at Arsenal and now he has to compete with Matuidi, Khedira etc for a place in the Juve team. I just cant see him starting in that team.

Could you honestly label Ramsey as one of the great Arsenal midfielders. The answer is an emphatic no. This isnt sour grapes, ive been saying this for years.

Yet for some insane reason, the meeja kept talking about ramsey's demands being around the 200k per week and questioning why we wouldnt meet it :roll: He isnt worth anywhere near 400k per week. We havent got a single player in the club worth anywhere near 400k per week. He thinks he is worth more than he was offered, but a footballer with an over-inflated opinion of himself is nothing new these days. I just hoe that this deal will now shut up the non-Arsenal c.unts who have been slating the club for not giving him what he wanted

Btw matuidi and (in particular) khedira are dogshit - I suspect that juve would never have signed khedira if he wasnt on a bosman, so ramsey might have a fighting chance of getting into their team. The only proviso is that he will need to learn how to be tactically aware 100% of the time cos the italians wont tolerate him going all renegade, plus I have seen matuidi play wide so he might need to be flexible there too
That suggests that our midfield is better than theirs then, if Ramsey is good enough to get into their side. I admit I haven't seen a load of Khedira especially for Juve but always thought he was decent when I did see him. Regardless as someone else has said it will be funny to see the look on Ronaldo's face when one of his flicks (Rambo's that is) goes horribly wrong.

During my time as an Arsenal fan, I look at the likes of Brady, Davis, Rocastle, Limpar, Petit, Vieira, Pires as being great players either in the middle or out wide. Ramsey doesn't come close to these players imo.

Look up the road at the tight wage structure, and how they have created a competitive team. I have every faith once our defence is flushed down the bog, Emery can do similar things. It will take time though, and the likes of AFTV Claude can fuck off calling for his head after 6 months.

Juve play in a league where they dominate and any perceived weaknesses might not be exposed. They have an aging but very solid defence so sir flix a lot might not see the same negative outcome and we witness when he fcuks away possession for us. They have a strikeforce of dybala and ronaldo, so I suspect that most weeks they face teams that are programmed to sit back and defend, so a midfielder like ramsey making runs into the penalty area might be ideal.
The thing is though, that when the senile old b.astard was in charge, ramsey WAS in our team every week. Dick has identified the problem of playing a renegade ramsey in midfield in a cometitive league, and has been decisive in his actions - maybe if we were solid behind him dick would have facilitated him into his team, but this Arsenal team is nowhere near good enough to carry the likes of ramsey (and ozil) for those few bits of magic they occasionally bring to the party
Does sir flickalot have those moments of "magic" on a consistent basis. I am not so sure.

augie

Post by augie »

I said occasionally nutflush

herbert

Post by herbert »

Good luck to Rambo
One of my worst moments at a football ground the day that Shawcross snapped his leg in half and coming back from that and
Scoring two fa cup final winning goals gives him legend status in my little Arsenal book

I have a feeling that the Italian league will suit his game

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

GTG wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:12 am
Nos89 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:26 pm
SydneyGooner wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:46 pm
Cech, Ramsey, Welbeck and Lichtsteiner are certainties to leave.

Jenkinson, Chambers, Mustafi, El-Neny, Ospina and Ozil have to be sold.

Koscielny and Monreal should be sold due to being both old and injury prone but I can see a case being made for them to stay due to their experience.

Xhaka, Iwobi and Mhkitaryan should be sold if we get at least £20 million for each of them otherwise I'd persist with them for another season as squad players.

As much as we'd all like for it to happen it's completely unrealistic to see us get rid of 10+ players and bring in their replacements within one summer. Emery will need another couple of windows to get rid of the deadwood Wenger accumulated.
15 players from a 24 man squad MUST be sold. What fucking planet are you living on??? This is the problem with modern football fans. It's a totally unrealistic approach. Which 15 players do you propose Emery brings in?
It's premier league suicide changing that many players in one window. Unless you want us to get relegated next season.
The most ridiculous post I've read on here since Gunner Rob's implosion on the EU thread.
Unless I'm missing something here. I'm not sure you've read the full post before replying :lol: he literally says its completely unrealistic and will take a couple of windows?

Nos89 mate I suggest you read my post again SLOWLY.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Just can’t believe the 400k. Whether it’s just reporting rumours as facts (football media on transfers - who would have thought it?) or a lot of other elements being rolled up into those wages, I don’t know.

But in any squad (never mind one with Ronaldo in it and looking to make big money purchases) you can’t publicly overlay somebody that much. As we are seeing it causes huge issues with imbalance and dissatisfaction - if anybody is earning more than Ronaldo he won’t give a fuck if it’s because he left a Europa League teams bench on a free.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Good luck to Ramsey. he's done his 10 year service and this is his reward. Had he been played in his favoured role more often then we probably would've seen a better more consistent player. Frustrating as hell at times but also a match winner. I think this is a brilliant move for him and will find the Italian style of play suits his game. He can be disciplined because we have seen it, I guess with a well drilled team unit he'd be better. I still wouldn't be surprised to him at Man United in couple of season time.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

The greatest swap deal in football......not sure who got the worst deal though :rubchin:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... League-PSG

How long before we swap back :lol: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:26 pm
The greatest swap deal in football......not sure who got the worst deal though :rubchin:

I find it comical that sanchez is being singled out after only being brought on at half time, whilst there was a load of the c.unts that played the whole game and were every bit as sh.it as he was, that seem to be getting a free pass :roll: I said it before and will say it again, sanchez would be tailored made for emery's system, IF he was properly motivated. I will also say that no genuine Gooner could stand up and say that we got the better end of the swap deal either, cos mikki has been absolutely dogshit, and cowardly too :roll: (obviously that isnt aimed at you jock)

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:01 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:

I find it comical that sanchez is being singled out after only being brought on at half time, whilst there was a load of the c.unts that played the whole game and were every bit as sh.it as he was, that seem to be getting a free pass :roll: I said it before and will say it again, sanchez would be tailored made for emery's system, IF he was properly motivated. I will also say that no genuine Gooner could stand up and say that we got the better end of the swap deal either, cos mikki has been absolutely dogshit, and cowardly too :roll: (obviously that isnt aimed at you jock)
Agreed, I don't think anyone could say that we got anything out of the deal other than a player under contract and therefore a salable asset. Neither has covered themselves in glory since the move but I'd have Sanchez back in a heartbeat over Mhiki.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

As much of a prick that he is for moving to Mancs for money and whatnot he’s one player I’d happily have back. Whenever he played for us he showed commitment, desire and hunger. Always chased for the ball in high tempo and was up and down the pitch.

Mkhi doesn’t do half of that and he’s been average (and that’s being nice). He’s one of the players in the A list that needs to go with no hesitation. When he has good games he’s fantastic but the other 5 that he plays makes me want to just slap someone.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Rian1 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:16 pm
As much of a prick that he is for moving to Mancs for money and whatnot he’s one player I’d happily have back. Whenever he played for us he showed commitment, desire and hunger. Always chased for the ball in high tempo and was up and down the pitch.

Mkhi doesn’t do half of that and he’s been average (and that’s being nice). He’s one of the players in the A list that needs to go with no hesitation. When he has good games he’s fantastic but the other 5 that he plays makes me want to just slap someone.
Sanchez absolutely carried us for 3 seasons, nobody will say that more than me.

But have you seen the guy play in the last 18 months? He is continuously shite. He’s lost a yard of pace and being a player who gives the impression of busting a gut (who I suspect couldn’t have the discipline to play a proper pressing game) doesn’t even nearly make up for that.

Yes Iwobi and Mkhitaryan are fucking dreadful (again nobody will say that more than me) but Sanchez is absolutely not the answer to any sensible question.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:

Would've been better if we had sold him to Al-City for £60m when he had a year left on his contract. IIRC though Wenger wanted to spend £90m on Thomas Lemar if that deal went through. :shock:

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

augie wrote

"sanchez would be tailored made for emery's system, IF he was properly motivated. I will also say that no genuine Gooner could stand up and say that we got the better end of the swap deal either."

Sometimes augie, you do manage to write a loada bollix. :lol:

Sanchez, tailor made IF motivated in the same sentence? Think about that. :rubchin:
Of course we got the better end of the deal.....probably saved 300k a week in wages, regardless of Miki being shite

Sheesh, are you just posting to up yer post count to become a mod?

:banghead: :wink: :shock: :lol: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:17 am
augie wrote

"sanchez would be tailored made for emery's system, IF he was properly motivated. I will also say that no genuine Gooner could stand up and say that we got the better end of the swap deal either."

Sanchez, tailor made IF motivated in the same sentence? Think about that. :rubchin:
Of course we got the better end of the deal.....probably saved 300k a week in wages, regardless of Miki being shite

Would you say that he has been properly motivated at manure ? I wouldnt

Has mikki had even 6 great games since he joined ? Not a fcuking chance, and I would prefer to have kept sanchez at 300k with his production level, than to signsome armenian pussy who turns up less frequently than ozil :roll:

Some people have very short memories and seem to see sanchez as the one that has been shit for the mancs, but forget about how he was for us when he constantly carried the team on his back

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:17 am
augie wrote

"Sometimes"? :shock:

:D :wink: