ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by mcdowell42 »

The Times say Arteta wants to sell Guendouzi & potentially Torreira to reshape his midfield. #Arsenal have had talks with Thomas Partey & there is the potential to use Alexandre Lacazette as a bargaining chip in a swap deal. https://t.co/vSheEE0BMl

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:47 am
The Times say Arteta wants to sell Guendouzi & potentially Torreira to reshape his midfield. #Arsenal have had talks with Thomas Partey & there is the potential to use Alexandre Lacazette as a bargaining chip in a swap deal. https://t.co/vSheEE0BMl

Selling torreira this summer was always on the cards imo - personally I think that it big loss for us cos he could have been a real star for us in the kante mould. Maybe partially it is down to not settling in london, but I also think that he feels messed around and under appreciated by both emery and arteta. Again I fear that we wont get a transfer fee for him anywhere near his true worth

Have to say that I am really not on board re partey - he looks good in a defensive minded team where everybody is defending, but a real quality DM is able to sit in front of the back 4 and close up shop with his CM partner takes on a more creative role and with a bit more freedom to move around. A player like ndidi would be a much better fit imo, but maybe in time I will be proved wrong with him, but everytime I see him I picture a more bulked up alex song (and I despised that c.unt :evil: )

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Sane heads to bayern for 49mil with 11mil add-ons and he was into his last year at man city.

Now imagine the calamity deal our lot would of came up with if in the same situation

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Talks between Aubameyang and Arsenal edging forward. Player has requested minimum three-year deal and salary of up to £250k-a-week. No agreement close but positive noises and constructive discussions. Story:ESPN

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

OFFICIAL: Gabriel Martinelli has signed a new long term contract with Arsenal.

Gabriel Martinelli's contract is a four year deal with a club option to extend it.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:38 pm

Gabriel Martinelli's contract is a four year deal with a club option to extend it.
Fantastic news, now we have two players worth an absolute fortune.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42 wrote:

Great news - signed and promoted to the first team of course by the useless manager who also signed Leno, and Torreira who many are now saying should be staying at the club.

Lets see if the super coach's signings Mari and Cedric go on to have as much impact

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

If we are going for the youth policy then we should be trying to sign that young lad Gomes.

Out of contract at man Utd so right up our alley

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Thomas Partey's future to be decided in August. Arsenal expected to accelerate negotiations as soon as Atleti's CL campaign comes to an end. There is a feeling among those close to the negotiating table that all parties will reach an agreement in the end. [@TheAFCBeII]

If Arsenal can reach an agreement with Atleti (as expected), the club will then go to agree with player on personal items legally, and this is not expected to constitute an obstacle to the deal as the player is determined to wear the Arsenal shirt next season. [@TheAFCBeII]

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:50 am
Sane heads to bayern for 49mil with 11mil add-ons and he was into his last year at man city.

Now imagine the calamity deal our lot would of came up with if in the same situation
Great deal especially as Bayern was the only club he’d join so City had even less bargaining power.

The derisory fee we got from Barca when in a similar situation with Cesc immediately springs to mind. Fucking Ivan the c.unt :banghead:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

SteveO you need to let go of your hard on for Emery. He had as much role in the signing of Martinelli as I did for fuck sake!

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:33 pm
SteveO you need to let go of your hard on for Emery. He had as much role in the signing of Martinelli as I did for fuck sake!
Nice work Rodders, I’ll owe you a beer mate - did you spot him on one of your Brazilian you tube searches ?

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -week.html

If this is true, just give him the fucking money. Not an unreasonable request based on what he has done for us, and infinitely more worthy than bad back Ozil.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:50 am

Probably about 20-25mil or a swap for a lightweight Armenian pussyhole :oops:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:12 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

Great news - signed and promoted to the first team of course by the useless manager who also signed Leno, and Torreira who many are now saying should be staying at the club.

Lets see if the super coach's signings Mari and Cedric go on to have as much impact
Didnt Emery also sign Luiz and not get rid of Xhaka, Ozil or Mustafi..... swings and roundabouts SteveO :rubchin: