ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

Just glad we didn't shell out the £15mill+ they were asking for.

augie

Post by augie »

Midz wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:23 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:45 am

The Gunners will send Spanish midfielder Denis Suarez, 25, back to Barcelona this summer when his loan move ends after he failed to impress manager Unai Emery. (Sun)
He's failed to impress anyone let alone emery. :D

But he has got no game time - how can any player adapt to his new team-mates and tactics, when he has only got 10-15 minutes here and there ? :? Last week he came in against manure and looked lively when he got on the ball, but then 4 days later he never even got on the pitch against rennes :roll: Right from the start I argued against the thinking that he was a winger, and the reality is that we have enough players to play in the 10 position which is his proper position imo.
I do still think that he is a good player, but it looks like he isnt going to get a chance to prove it with us so we should move on accordingly

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

augie wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:42 pm
Midz wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

The Gunners will send Spanish midfielder Denis Suarez, 25, back to Barcelona this summer when his loan move ends after he failed to impress manager Unai Emery. (Sun)

But he has got no game time - how can any player adapt to his new team-mates and tactics, when he has only got 10-15 minutes here and there ? :? Last week he came in against manure and looked lively when he got on the ball, but then 4 days later he never even got on the pitch against rennes :roll: Right from the start I argued against the thinking that he was a winger, and the reality is that we have enough players to play in the 10 position which is his proper position imo.
I do still think that he is a good player, but it looks like he isnt going to get a chance to prove it with us so we should move on accordingly
From his control and how comfortable he looks with the ball at his feet - you can tell he can play but I do wonder if his heart is in it (so far)
He has had little chance to show what he can do but can’t see him being strong enough to shrug off tackles or do the tracking back that the team requires to help our porous defence. A decent option to have off the bench considering our attacking options are Laca and Auba as Eddie sure ain’t ready or steady.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:42 pm
Midz wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

I think he was signed as a provision to cover a very out of sorts Ozil in case they were able to move him on. It seems now Ozil has sorted his head out, and his fitness there is no need for the unfortunate Suarez. Although the argument could be made that we should permanantly sign Suarez as Ozil's no.10 younger replacement rather than stick with the 30 year old original on inflated wages. Suarez could easily become the David Silva equivalent, he certainly has the talent.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Either Ozil or Mkhitryan (ideally both) have to be sold this summer so I'd keep Suarez.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Don't know how anyone can make a call on Suarez given that he has hardly played. Came on against manure and had a couple of nice touches.

Given that Dick would rather win 12 - 11 than 1 - 0 if he hasn't been impressed by Suarez then you have to think that he has seen something that doesn't quite fit with his plans. But then again Dick plays Iwobi so I would like to see a bit more of Suarez for myself.

augie

Post by augie »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:11 pm
Don't know how anyone can make a call on Suarez given that he has hardly played. Came on against manure and had a couple of nice touches.

Given that Dick would rather win 12 - 11 than 1 - 0 if he hasn't been impressed by Suarez then you have to think that he has seen something that doesn't quite fit with his plans. But then again Dick plays Iwobi so I would like to see a bit more of Suarez for myself.

The flip side of that is that dick worked with him a few seasons ago and liked what he seen which is why he brought him over in the first place :?

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:30 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:11 pm

The flip side of that is that dick worked with him a few seasons ago and liked what he seen which is why he brought him over in the first place :?

It's a difficult one to call and given that most foreign players take a while to settle in (ask Ozil :wink: ) it would be a shame to bin him without giving him a proper chance. But also we can't afford any lightweights if we are to have any chance of securing top four.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

IT'S CHRISTMAS :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... -bombshell

oh please be true :lol:

Can't wait to see what that next step will be.......similar to that taken by TOF I suspect.

augie

Post by augie »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:47 pm
IT'S CHRISTMAS :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Can't wait to see what that next step will be.......similar to that taken by TOF I suspect.

To be honest right now would be the perfect time to sell him cos his stock is probably the highest it has been since he arrived - no doubt that he has improved some this season, but nowhere near the overhyped levels of praise that he is getting

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:30 am
Jock Gooner wrote:

To be honest right now would be the perfect time to sell him cos his stock is probably the highest it has been since he arrived - no doubt that he has improved some this season, but nowhere near the overhyped levels of praise that he is getting

I agree, strike while the iron is hot. It begs the question where does he think his next step is :shock:

It's what we should have done with Wally after he scored his England hat trick many moons ago. We knew he was never going to cut it but the football world knew better than us..............ladies and gentleman I give you Everton :lol:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:58 am
augie wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

I agree, strike while the iron is hot. It begs the question where does he think his next step is :shock:

It's what we should have done with Wally after he scored his England hat trick many moons ago. We knew he was never going to cut it but the football world knew better than us..............ladies and gentleman I give you Everton :lol:
Throw in mustafi for free or at least a 50% coupon on the back of the receipt

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
augie wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

Bayern would be a good next step. Their midfield is dog shit, Henderson and Co. had a run around over two legs. Martinez is shit and slow af, Thiago is good but if Rodriguez goes back to RM then he will shift to CAM. Bayern are prepping a haul to get new players as they are interested in the CL rather than Bundesliga and Granit, in my opinion, can be as good as he can be there.

His next step, meaning a 'better' team than Arsenal would be that. If he's open to leave with any team then there's a plethora of them that will accommodate his style of play. He's not dog shit like Mustafi, so there's that and overall apart from his below par awareness of the surroundings he is a good player, IMO.

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

Jock Gooner wrote:
augie wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

To be fair to Theo, Theo he has set the world alight and gone on to the next level, ( which we all know is the next level) since joining Everton - even from the bench he has been banging them in left, right and centre propelling Everton to dizzying heights - the youngster, now 30, is well placed to achieve his potential. :rubchin:

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

augie wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

If scoring a very fortunate goal v Man Utd is enough to make him think he is capable of playing at a higher level he is utterly deluded -

Sell, sell, sell 💷💷