ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

clockender1 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:39 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:38 pm
clockender1 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:19 pm
Ozil to fenebache on loan ?

it doesn't help financially much, but its better than nothing.
Has this been proposed or rumoured? Haven't seen anything on it. Or are you just throwing it out there for the fuck of it? :lol:

no mate, it was online - daily mirror & Sun

and it would be unlikely that we'd still pay him full whack - i would think 50% is likely. Sun says 'bache will pay 8m and The Arsenal 5.5m.

talking about our kids - who is Robbie Burton who crunched Nkiteh in training ? anyone who can kick our strikers is in, in my book :lol:
Tbh given the current market and the complete idiots that manage our transfers I'd be amazed if we got that good a deal. My money would be on us paying possibly up to 75% of his wages. :|

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:43 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
clockender1 wrote:

Has this been proposed or rumoured? Haven't seen anything on it. Or are you just throwing it out there for the fuck of it? :lol:

Either way it's not for me. The only thing sillier than paying someone 350k a week to play football is paying someone 350k a week to play football for somebody else. :roll:

If we cannot get him off the payroll then Dick has to get whatever he can out of him on the pitch. How much that will be in this system, with the players we have, and with Ozil ageing, God knows...... :|

If we get a club (any club) willing to pay 40%-50% of ozil's wages, then we should have him out the door with haste - yes we would still be paying him £175k per week to play for someone else, but the flip side is that we will be taking out the negativity his presence is gonna bring to that young dressing room. We need positive presence's around these young players, and showing them good examples instead of bad
You have proof he is a negative influence in the dressing room? And negative in what way? Creating a bad atmosphere? The only stuff I've seen in the media is that he is basically hero worshipped by the entire squad including the younger players. You have to remember our view of a player as spectators is often very different to a player's view. Also he appears to be the consumate professional in training so not sure how that is negative.

If you mean negative as in he might think Dick is not the man to lead Arsenal forward where is the proof of that? A couple of clips of him muttering after being subbed? And yet you would praise other players for exactly the same thing because they are "showing they care".

For me the only actual realistic negative things about Ozil are the ridiculous money we are paying him and the fact he is now well past his best which will no doubt lead to more inconsistent performances And yet he is still the best technical footballer and the only real world class "big name" at the biggest club in London.

Thank you Arsene. Thank you Lizard. Thank you Wiggy. :censored:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

From todays Sun
MOHAMMED ELNENY is set to quit Arsenal and join Bordeaux in a cut-price transfer which will see the midfielder forced to take a wage pay-cut.

That will be a major relief, how that useless piece of shit ever got to play in the Arsenal first team is a mystery
Think he was one of the worst ever, shocking cowardly player

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

You have proof he is a negative influence in the dressing room? And negative in what way? Creating a bad atmosphere? The only stuff I've seen in the media is that he is basically hero worshipped by the entire squad including the younger players. You have to remember our view of a player as spectators is often very different to a player's view. Also he appears to be the consumate professional in training so not sure how that is negative.

If you mean negative as in he might think Dick is not the man to lead Arsenal forward where is the proof of that? A couple of clips of him muttering after being subbed? And yet you would praise other players for exactly the same thing because they are "showing they care".

For me the only actual realistic negative things about Ozil are the ridiculous money we are paying him and the fact he is now well past his best which will no doubt lead to more inconsistent performances And yet he is still the best technical footballer and the only real world class "big name" at the biggest club in London.
One word; AMEN. - don't let your hate towards the player spiral into spitting bullshit about him being a negative influence. Top to bottom order in that club respects him for the player he is.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:02 am
augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
clockender1 wrote:

Either way it's not for me. The only thing sillier than paying someone 350k a week to play football is paying someone 350k a week to play football for somebody else. :roll:

If we cannot get him off the payroll then Dick has to get whatever he can out of him on the pitch. How much that will be in this system, with the players we have, and with Ozil ageing, God knows...... :|

If we get a club (any club) willing to pay 40%-50% of ozil's wages, then we should have him out the door with haste - yes we would still be paying him £175k per week to play for someone else, but the flip side is that we will be taking out the negativity his presence is gonna bring to that young dressing room. We need positive presence's around these young players, and showing them good examples instead of bad

Biggest name mate that's agreed and would be ridiculous to say he does not have talent, honestly think Wenger did him no favours
But he has let us down badly, shows no fight or desire to apply that talent, lack of backbone, and dare i say it overpaid and Lazy

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
clockender1 wrote:

Fair enough I understand what you are saying, BUT lets be realistic here and say that young players/people are easily influenced and easily led. In my opinion, there is only so much public and media questioning that can focus on ozil before the younger players start buying into it. If we go on a bad run (god forbid) at any stage, and if the media and fans anger/frustration is louder and more heated cos of ozil's perceived apathy, the other players (especially the younger one's) will start to resent the negative pressure and focus he brings to the team. Finally (and this is the big one), I don't want our young players thinking that strolling around through matches is acceptable at any level - no I don't want to see a "Robbie savage impersonation" where he runs around like a demented fool doing fcuk all, but likewise I do want them to learn that strolling around is unacceptable too, and players like ozil might be able to stroll around for 90% of the time and produce a bit of magic in the other 10% of the time, but those players are a rarity so need to value work-rate when they haven't that extra special quality.
I should also say that it appears (from the outside) that ozil is quite happy collecting his massive wage and has no desire to leave whether he is playing or not - again I would want players to be motivated by success and playing, and not look at someone is talented as he is just happy to sit back for the money

Herd

Post by Herd »

DB you would have to be blind not to see his negativity which oozes out of every pore he has when he is on the pitch ,behind the scenes there is no fucking doubt he's undermining Emery and stinking the place out .
Do I have 100 percent proof nailed ,of course not but normally if it's brown and smells like shit often it is a shit !
I don't have the contacts that I used to have inside at the club so I cannot say for sure ,but I know people who do have contacts , all say the same thing ,he is more or less in open rebellion against Emery !
So fuck him off best deal we can Turkey is the only option so provided its permanent then get him out !
On his day ,in a great team with galacticos around him he can be great ,world class even but he hasnt performed in our team on a consistent basis and that along with his shitty attitude is why NO top team in the world wants anything to do with him and our only option is to send him to Istanbul !
Last edited by Herd on Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Herd wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:13 am

[/quote]

DB you would have to be blind not to see his negativity which oozes out of every pore he has when he is on the pitch ,behind the scenes there is no fucking doubt he's undermining Emery and stinking the place out .
Do I have 100 percent proof nailed ,of course not but normally if it's brown and smells like shit often it is a shit !
I don't have the contacts that I used to have inside at the club so I cannot say for sure ,but I know people who do have contacts , all say the same thing ,he is more or less in open rebellion against Emery !
So fuck him off best deal we can Turkey is the only option so provided its permanent then get him out !
On his day ,in a great team with galacticos around him he can be great ,world class even but he hasnt performed in our team on a consistent basis and that along with his shitty attitude is why NO top team in the world wants anything to do with him and our only option is to send him to Istanbul !
[/quote]

I can see both sides of this argument and i agree with parts of both but whilst Ozil can be a lazy disinterested *word censored* at times is the negativity he may or may not be bringing into the team any where near as costly as people like Mustafi and Xhaka making mistakes game in game out, yet the media concentrate on his attitude but less so on costly mistakes by others.

The problem Ozil has apart from his attitude is he is often reliant on others to make him look good, he can put through as many passes as possible to put players into goal scoring positions but if they don't convert them then he's on a hiding to nothing. Lets be honest if he was getting 1 or 2 assists every game his attitude would be less of a problem but again he is dependant on people putting it in the net.

The problem as i see it is who do we replace him with if he went on loan, do we have someone more reliable with a better attitude to play that role?

Herd

Post by Herd »

I'm not doubting his skill, we simply don't have the players that can make him shine, therefore he is as useful as a chocolate teapot !
Sanchez might not have been as skillful but he could have a shit game and then still win it for you with one moment of pure genius,when has Ozil done this for us !

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

welcome back Edu - pics up now of him back at the club.

Saliba is in Town for his medical. i'm not sure why we would pay 25million and then loan him back. our need is now.

perhaps it just til xmas and the papers are wrong again ?

augie

Post by augie »

clockender1 wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:01 pm
welcome back Edu - pics up now of him back at the club.

Saliba is in Town for his medical. i'm not sure why we would pay 25million and then loan him back. our need is now.

perhaps it just til xmas and the papers are wrong again ?

Unless he is a future world class certainty (and there is no such thing), there is no way that anyone could be happy with loaning him back for a season - I don't get why we don't offer them £10m less but throw kos into the deal cos he will get his move back to france, and they would release saliba to us now

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:36 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
clockender1 wrote:

Fair enough I understand what you are saying, BUT lets be realistic here and say that young players/people are easily influenced and easily led. In my opinion, there is only so much public and media questioning that can focus on ozil before the younger players start buying into it. If we go on a bad run (god forbid) at any stage, and if the media and fans anger/frustration is louder and more heated cos of ozil's perceived apathy, the other players (especially the younger one's) will start to resent the negative pressure and focus he brings to the team. Finally (and this is the big one), I don't want our young players thinking that strolling around through matches is acceptable at any level - no I don't want to see a "Robbie savage impersonation" where he runs around like a demented fool doing fcuk all, but likewise I do want them to learn that strolling around is unacceptable too, and players like ozil might be able to stroll around for 90% of the time and produce a bit of magic in the other 10% of the time, but those players are a rarity so need to value work-rate when they haven't that extra special quality.
I should also say that it appears (from the outside) that ozil is quite happy collecting his massive wage and has no desire to leave whether he is playing or not - again I would want players to be motivated by success and playing, and not look at someone is talented as he is just happy to sit back for the money
That's a really good post augie and I agree with most if not all of it. I also believe he'd happily sit there and collect because that kind of money would turn nearly anyone's head tbh.

It will be interesting to see what Dick does. If that interview about it being his way or the highway after one year is true then I'd imagine Ozil will be gone this summer one way or the other. If he is not gone what does that say about Dick?

Really interested to see what Dick does.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:13 am

Sorry Herd I just do not buy into club insider ITK stuff on Internet forums.

I will say that you are reading his body language as bad attitude which is inaccurate.

I'd also say that his ridiculous salary is the biggest hurdle to any team showing interest in him. He is rated as a world class player around the world. If he was on 100k a week with us we'd have zero problems offloading him even though he is certainly past his best. But no big club is going to pay a transfer fee and 350k a week for a 30 year old.

I do agree though (and always have said it) that he is the type of luxury player that needs world class players around him. Not because they carry him but because players at that level think differently and (like Henry and Bergkamp) can work on a different level because of their vision and read of the game.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:00 am
From todays Sun
MOHAMMED ELNENY is set to quit Arsenal and join Bordeaux in a cut-price transfer which will see the midfielder forced to take a wage pay-cut.

That will be a major relief, how that useless piece of shit ever got to play in the Arsenal first team is a mystery
Think he was one of the worst ever, shocking cowardly player
This guy was just one of the biggest non events I've ever seen wear our historic jersey. What exactly was his role? Just seemed to wander around avoiding the ball.... :roll:

Good riddance.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:20 pm
This guy was just one of the biggest non events I've ever seen wear our historic jersey. What exactly was his role? Just seemed to wander around avoiding the ball.... :roll:

Good riddance.
unfortunately we have seen far too many of his ilk - what was the point of Denilson, sanogoals, the Japanese ones who never played a game etc etc

having read 80% of the book now, Dick (except for PSG) has always been brought in to stabilize a decent club in decline (sadly familiar that story....) by a) energizing the senior players and b) bring in quality from lower divisions or youth teams - negredo, david villa, dani alves, david silva, etc

in the case of Valencia he succeeded where Claudio Ranieri and Koeman didn't ( and they got sacked for it) by binning the overpaid senior players that no longer performed - and who he gave a year to then he binned them if they didn't perform. all of which greatly respected him for it and said he was hard but fair....