ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:39 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:28 pm
Some of the press are saying Smith-Rowe is the reason we are happy enough to let the Welsh Messi-Lite go. Personally I thought it was because he's mostly shit. :lol: :wink:
Yeah not sure we need a decent youngster to tell us that we can't justify paying Ramsey north of £200k.

Forget about spreading the saving across a few years and comparing it to hefty transfer fees. We can't pay this bloke that. There will be a fucking revolt.
You know for me Ramsey will be one of those players we should have got a lot more from. His half season in 2014 before injury he was the best player in the PL by a long shot. He had the potential to be another Fat Frank Lampard. But the rank ill discipline of the Wenger regime let him go superstar in his own mind and the silly flicks and back heels became all consuming for him.

Honestly I think a better manager or even a younger Wenger (circa 2002) could have and would have kept Ramsey in the real world and we might have had a real star. When he needed a strong authoritarian voice to keep him disciplined he got a mollycoddlling fantasist instead.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:46 am
northbank123 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Some of the press are saying Smith-Rowe is the reason we are happy enough to let the Welsh Messi-Lite go. Personally I thought it was because he's mostly shit. :lol: :wink:
Yeah not sure we need a decent youngster to tell us that we can't justify paying Ramsey north of £200k.

Forget about spreading the saving across a few years and comparing it to hefty transfer fees. We can't pay this bloke that. There will be a fucking revolt.
You know for me Ramsey will be one of those players we should have got a lot more from. His half season in 2014 before injury he was the best player in the PL by a long shot. He had the potential to be another Fat Frank Lampard. But the rank ill discipline of the Wenger regime let him go superstar in his own mind and the silly flicks and back heels became all consuming for him.

Honestly I think a better manager or even a younger Wenger (circa 2002) could have and would have kept Ramsey in the real world and we might have had a real star. When he needed a strong authoritarian voice to keep him disciplined he got a mollycoddlling fantasist instead.
Fat frank is an apt comparison. A player who wasn’t blessed with great technical ability or athleticism yet carved out a brilliant career at the top level because he understood what his strengths were. He wouldn’t dominate games but would score 20 goals every season by busting a gut, letting his talented players like Robben etc hog the ball and arriving in the box at the right time to sweep home.

That’s Ramsey’s role but he thinks he is above it. He likes to think that he is like Fabregas when he played for us, getting on the ball all over the pitch and trying to dictate play. Unfortunately he can’t hold a candle to a young Fabregas and has no ability to unlock a defence with nifty footwork and crafty passing. In 13/14 he wasn’t running games but was scoring for fun by getting on the end of attacks at the right time.

JerseyGooner

Post by JerseyGooner »

I think a right winger/ forward has been a need. But the way Reiss nelson is lighting it up for hoffenheim, they may not choose to address this. Kid is very talented. Great loan out to develop this kid. I would rather we still spend what liitle money we will get to spend, on a left back, and/ or another center back. We will need players like Reiss to offset the budget/ wage bill. Plus I would love to see what emery could do with a young player like Reiss.

on the topic of wage bill
I get the wonder about Ramsey, as he has moments you think, maybe he is the real deal. But it's not consistent, not for 300k per week. I would rather have side show bob and torreria play in the middle, for combined 1/3 wage of what Ramsey wants. While on the wage bill topic, Sead Kolasinac earning 119k per week, 5th highest on the team. Talk about dead money.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

JerseyGooner wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:13 pm
I think a right winger/ forward has been a need. But the way Reiss nelson is lighting it up for hoffenheim, they may not choose to address this. Kid is very talented. Great loan out to develop this kid. I would rather we still spend what liitle money we will get to spend, on a left back, and/ or another center back. We will need players like Reiss to offset the budget/ wage bill. Plus I would love to see what emery could do with a young player like Reiss.

on the topic of wage bill
I get the wonder about Ramsey, as he has moments you think, maybe he is the real deal. But it's not consistent, not for 300k per week. I would rather have side show bob and torreria play in the middle, for combined 1/3 wage of what Ramsey wants. While on the wage bill topic, Sead Kolasinac earning 119k per week, 5th highest on the team. Talk about dead money.
Kolasinac came on a free so that goes to show you the effect that has on his wages.........no wonder rambo is on his bike.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I wonder if the club will let Danny's contract run down or offer him some sort of short term deal until he is fit again. Wouldn't like to be the one making that decision as it's a shit position for the club to be in :rubchin:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

SSN reporting that Samir Nasri , who is a free agent, is due to have a medical at West Ham..

augie

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:04 pm
SSN reporting that Samir Nasri , who is a free agent, is due to have a medical at West Ham..

pute :evil: :evil: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

augie wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:41 pm
Bradywasking wrote:

Decent player (not world class), but shitty person. His personality ruined his career.

Had one really good season in 2011 i think when he scored 10 goals in 30 apps in the PL, then really started to buy into his own hype.

He is only 31 and is out of contract from a no mark turkish club!!!! not sure why westham would want that personality in thier dressing room even on a free.

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:46 am
northbank123 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Agree you can't play as well as he did for 15 or so games and be shit, somebody had to look at what he was doing correctly then and what he is doing wrong now and coach all the bullshit flicks out of him he has that same thing wrong with him xhaka has when it comes to flicks brain farts and cross field passes when you need to sometimes keep it simple.

He was left to do what he wanted under Wenger and forgot what made him good, during his best season he would outrun the other midfielders (in terms of miles ran) by up to 30% constantly making late runs . he imo used to run the other midfielders into the ground. take them to a place they did not want to go by 70 mins .

Add him to the long list of players that "could have been" under Wenger. To Emery he probably represents all that was wrong with end of the Wenger era.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

AkneyGooner wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:51 pm
augie wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

Decent player (not world class), but shitty person. His personality ruined his career.

Had one really good season in 2011 i think when he scored 10 goals in 30 apps in the PL, then really started to buy into his own hype.

He is only 31 and is out of contract from a no mark turkish club!!!! not sure why westham would want that personality in thier dressing room even on a free.
Thought the same but Pellegrino knows him from City so he knows what he is getting.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

With January approaching Cech, ramsey, elneny, koscielny, kolasinac and mustafi need to go in this transfer window. If Manure want Ozil, i'd happily swap him for sanchez.
He might have to give the kids a bit more of a chance in the second half of the season, and coach them to do what he wants them to do. Smith-rowe, maitland-niles, Martinez as keeper back up, Nkeitiah up front.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:52 am
With January approaching Cech, ramsey, elneny, koscielny, kolasinac and mustafi need to go in this transfer window. If Manure want Ozil, i'd happily swap him for sanchez.
He might have to give the kids a bit more of a chance in the second half of the season, and coach them to do what he wants them to do. Smith-rowe, maitland-niles, Martinez as keeper back up, Nkeitiah up front.
Sanchez is not the answer to any question we have. He is such a selfish and selfcentred player he would be detrimental to the development of most of the young players you've just named. He is not so talented that they would learn enough from training with him to justify the detrimental effect he'd have on the team.

Going to Manure very quickly exposed him for what he is - a skillfull but limited player that only shines as the big fish in the small pond and that is not the type of underachieving club we want Arsenal to continue being. We had a decade of that shit under Wenger.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:23 pm
AkneyGooner wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:51 pm
augie wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

Thought the same but Pellegrino knows him from City so he knows what he is getting.
There are now a lot of excited East End lesbians that cannot await Nasri's arrival.

The only downside is the price of hiring a KD Lang kissagram for hens and stag do's just went through the roof. 8)

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:

I would be on board with most of that, but no way will dick or the board or even most of the fans. Surprisingly enough we are actually in with a real shout of finishing in the top 4, and if he threw all those experienced players/duds out the door and lost out on top 4 as a result of playing the kids, then he would have a revolt on his hands and he knows it.
I think that it should also be said that financially we havent got the resources to replace those players - yes I know that you are suggesting using the kids to take their positions, but I am still saying that we would also need to bring in some experience and proven quality into the team, and right now I dont think that we can afford it. I dont like to see us heavily linked to this pepe guy from lille cos until proven otherwise, he just seems to me to be the latest fashionable unknown to be banded about.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:13 am
Nos89 wrote:

I would be on board with most of that, but no way will dick or the board or even most of the fans. Surprisingly enough we are actually in with a real shout of finishing in the top 4, and if he threw all those experienced players/duds out the door and lost out on top 4 as a result of playing the kids, then he would have a revolt on his hands and he knows it.
I think that it should also be said that financially we havent got the resources to replace those players - yes I know that you are suggesting using the kids to take their positions, but I am still saying that we would also need to bring in some experience and proven quality into the team, and right now I dont think that we can afford it. I dont like to see us heavily linked to this pepe guy from lille cos until proven otherwise, he just seems to me to be the latest fashionable unknown to be banded about.
The point both of you tarts seem to be missing (or ignoring :wink: ) is that not one of those youth players has demonstrated anything close to a top level of performance more than in brief flashes in one or two games. If we went with them we would get gangfucked into mid table at best.

That is the reason no big club just hoiks all their kids in at one go.... they drip feed them into the first team in ones and twos slowly over a couple of seasons.

Pair of tarts. :D :wink: