ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:05 pm
augie wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:13 am
Nos89 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:52 am
With January approaching Cech, ramsey, elneny, koscielny, kolasinac and mustafi need to go in this transfer window. If Manure want Ozil, i'd happily swap him for sanchez.
He might have to give the kids a bit more of a chance in the second half of the season, and coach them to do what he wants them to do. Smith-rowe, maitland-niles, Martinez as keeper back up, Nkeitiah up front.

I would be on board with most of that, but no way will dick or the board or even most of the fans. Surprisingly enough we are actually in with a real shout of finishing in the top 4, and if he threw all those experienced players/duds out the door and lost out on top 4 as a result of playing the kids, then he would have a revolt on his hands and he knows it.
I think that it should also be said that financially we havent got the resources to replace those players - yes I know that you are suggesting using the kids to take their positions, but I am still saying that we would also need to bring in some experience and proven quality into the team, and right now I dont think that we can afford it. I dont like to see us heavily linked to this pepe guy from lille cos until proven otherwise, he just seems to me to be the latest fashionable unknown to be banded about.
The point both of you tarts seem to be missing (or ignoring :wink: ) is that not one of those youth players has demonstrated anything close to a top level of performance more than in brief flashes in one or two games. If we went with them we would get gangfucked into mid table at best.

That is the reason no big club just hoiks all their kids in at one go.... they drip feed them into the first team in ones and twos slowly over a couple of seasons.

Pair of tarts. :D :wink:

Did I not refer to the need to bring in PROVEN QUALITY players ? Some of ye dubs are gonna be illiterate for life :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:35 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
With January approaching Cech, ramsey, elneny, koscielny, kolasinac and mustafi need to go in this transfer window. If Manure want Ozil, i'd happily swap him for sanchez.
He might have to give the kids a bit more of a chance in the second half of the season, and coach them to do what he wants them to do. Smith-rowe, maitland-niles, Martinez as keeper back up, Nkeitiah up front.

I would be on board with most of that, but no way will dick or the board or even most of the fans. Surprisingly enough we are actually in with a real shout of finishing in the top 4, and if he threw all those experienced players/duds out the door and lost out on top 4 as a result of playing the kids, then he would have a revolt on his hands and he knows it.
I think that it should also be said that financially we havent got the resources to replace those players - yes I know that you are suggesting using the kids to take their positions, but I am still saying that we would also need to bring in some experience and proven quality into the team, and right now I dont think that we can afford it. I dont like to see us heavily linked to this pepe guy from lille cos until proven otherwise, he just seems to me to be the latest fashionable unknown to be banded about.
The point both of you tarts seem to be missing (or ignoring :wink: ) is that not one of those youth players has demonstrated anything close to a top level of performance more than in brief flashes in one or two games. If we went with them we would get gangfucked into mid table at best.

That is the reason no big club just hoiks all their kids in at one go.... they drip feed them into the first team in ones and twos slowly over a couple of seasons.

Did I not refer to the need to bring in PROVEN QUALITY players ? Some of ye dubs are gonna be illiterate for life :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol:
:shock: :lol:

"Illiterate"? Is that what you culchies call anyone that doesn't marry their own uncle?

:-P :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Quality DB - Pure Quality.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I see the OG Mag is now catching onto another Herd theme ,that there is no money in the kitty and we will be self sustaining ,fuck me I should sue for intellectual patent ,if only I could fill a form out !

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

The point is the younger players have to be given the chance to demonstrate that they can perform at the top level, and they won't with the experience that got us into this mess are still about. It'll save a bit on wages to then go and buy the players emery needs to get challenging for the league, and not just the top 4.
Also, get the feeling those kids will have enough in them to see get top 4 without those players I've mentioned. After all they are players who get slaughtered daily on this forum so why keep them purely for their "experience"? In this transitional season we don't need experience we need players of energy, passion and that are capable of following the managers instructions. Something those players struggle with.
I was always on Ozil's side of things but he's totally failed to step up in a way Sanchez may have done under Emery.

augie

Post by augie »

You simply cannot blood that many youngsters in a team like our's in current day football - it was ok years ago for ferguscum to do it in a (at best) 2 horse race, but nowadays the league is a lot more competitive and there is a load more top quality players in it

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:31 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

The point is the younger players have to be given the chance to demonstrate that they can perform at the top level, and they won't with the experience that got us into this mess are still about. It'll save a bit on wages to then go and buy the players emery needs to get challenging for the league, and not just the top 4.
Also, get the feeling those kids will have enough in them to see get top 4 without those players I've mentioned. After all they are players who get slaughtered daily on this forum so why keep them purely for their "experience"? In this transitional season we don't need experience we need players of energy, passion and that are capable of following the managers instructions. Something those players struggle with.
I was always on Ozil's side of things but he's totally failed to step up in a way Sanchez may have done under Emery.
Sticking that many kids in would be a recipe for disaster. Nearly every young player will tell you they learn more from the senior experienced players in training than almost anything else.

The Ozil Sanchez comparison is pointless. Two completely different types of player. Sanchez has failed at Manure because Moron-hio wants to play a particular system and not let players wander around doing party tricks and "expressing" themselves. That kind of thinking suited Sanchez with us under Wenger but under Emery Sanchez would be exactly as he is under Moron-hio.... useless.

Ozil is not ever going to dominate games or run the midfield from box to box. I have no idea why some of you keep whining about that. He creates chances and assists and his passing can get us on the front foot quickly but that is really the limit of his game.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Ramsey is going to Bayern Munich apparently.

Source

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:24 am

Source
Is it true he is changing his name to Ayran Ramsey :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:02 pm
SydneyGooner wrote:

Source
Superb work. :lol: 8)

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:59 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:02 pm
SydneyGooner wrote:

Source
Superb work. :lol: 8)
Sir Flicks will become Herr Flick.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

:oops:

Sorry I don't follow.

Post by 1989 »

Why would Bayern want him? They've got top class mids already.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:13 am

Sorry I don't follow.
An English tv programme called Allo, Allo set in France during the 2nd world war. Herr Flick was a character in that .

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

StuartL wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:31 am
SydneyGooner wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:13 am

Sorry I don't follow.
An English tv programme called Allo, Allo set in France during the 2nd world war. Herr Flick was a character in that .
The joke was that Flick was in the Gestapo and would answer the phone by saying quickly "Flick the Gestapo" he would then pause and listen before restating slowly and clearly...."No, I said Flick the Gestapo". It was funny back in the early 1980s.