ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Nos89 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 12:25 pm
augie wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 11:18 am
Some chance of this ever happening

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... er-palace/

Why even link us with him when the world and it's mother knows that we have a transfer budget of a league 2 club ? :roll:
Woo hoo we're going to sign Zaha....go on the Arsenal........oh, what's that in my inbox....it' my ST renewal request :roll:
If that's the case we'll need Milivojevic as none our players can take penalties...

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 5:21 pm
Raul and Vinai on transfer window:
•Targets identified with Emery ages ago
•Talks already underway with targets
Some targets want CL football
•Club confidant ‘Arsenal image’ is a strong pulling power.
https://t.co/FRbdsWkuVb
And there is my problem with dick, if he'd not fucked up some easy game by starting shite players and them trying to remedy it with his half time shotgun approach to substitutions then we would already be safely in the top fuckin four.

But aha, we have another bite at the cherry so he must be thinking "I have got to start my strongest team, no excuses, I've got to"

Team line up.

1) Cech :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 5:55 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 5:21 pm
Raul and Vinai on transfer window:
•Targets identified with Emery ages ago
•Talks already underway with targets
Some targets want CL football
•Club confidant ‘Arsenal image’ is a strong pulling power.
https://t.co/FRbdsWkuVb
And there is my problem with dick, if he'd not fucked up some easy game by starting shite players and them trying to remedy it with his half time shotgun approach to substitutions then we would already be safely in the top fuckin four.

But aha, we have another bite at the cherry so he must be thinking "I have got to start my strongest team, no excuses, I've got to"

Team line up.

1) Cech :roll:
It's a fair point. He made mistakes. What manager doesn't? For me he still has to get 2 full seasons and some form of financial backing for us to see what he might deliver.

We are still one PL place better off and one European final better off than this time last season under Arsene. That to me at least is a tangible improvement.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Having said all that if we lose this final because of Kryten Features then I will be seriously fucked off and will have a lot less patience with Dick.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 6:03 pm
Having said all that if we lose this final because of Kryten Features then I will be seriously fucked off and will have a lot less patience with Dick.
If we lose by a mistake by Cech he can stay in fuckin Baku and I'll start a rumour over there that he's part fuckin Armenian :wink: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Arsenal will look to sign Dynamo Dresden and Germany Under-21 goalkeeper Markus Schubert, 20, on a free transfer this summer as a replacement for retiring Petr Cech. (Bild - in German)

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Arsenal head of football Raul Sanllehi says the club had to allow Wales midfielder Aaron Ramsey, 28, to leave on a free transfer to Juventus to "keep the rationality in the salary balance of the team" and "protect the interests of Arsenal"

So he let him walk on a free because of the rationality and balance of the team? Am I being dumb or our head of football has lost some cells in his head. How TF does that make any sense? - It's not the NBA where you have to (most times) acquire a player in order to get rid of one. If you sold him for £50m, that's it. How does that create an instability. WTF

Herd

Post by Herd »

Rian1 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 8:33 am
Arsenal head of football Raul Sanllehi says the club had to allow Wales midfielder Aaron Ramsey, 28, to leave on a free transfer to Juventus to "keep the rationality in the salary balance of the team" and "protect the interests of Arsenal"

So he let him walk on a free because of the rationality and balance of the team? Am I being dumb or our head of football has lost some cells in his head. How TF does that make any sense? - It's not the NBA where you have to (most times) acquire a player in order to get rid of one. If you sold him for £50m, that's it. How does that create an instability. WTF
He's trying to pretend that it's all part of a cunning plan rather than the perennial Arsenal fuck up.

augie

Post by augie »

Herd wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 8:37 am
Rian1 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 8:33 am

He's trying to pretend that it's all part of a cunning plan rather than the perennial Arsenal fuck up.

To be fair to the man, the monumental fcuk up in question wasn't his own, but was a fcuk up by le cock and gazidas

I still think that many fans get mixed up here and cant differentiate what the mistake is - the mistake wasn't letting him go, but rather letting him go for nothing. I still think that losing him is no big deal, but I would have liked a transfer fee to replace him with

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to the Independent, #Arsenal plan to firm up their interest in Ryan Fraser after next week’s Europa League final, with the Scotland international winger one of Unai Emery’s transfer targets. https://t.co/l3eh2cY69g

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 2:03 pm
According to the Independent, #Arsenal plan to firm up their interest in Ryan Fraser after next week’s Europa League final, with the Scotland international winger one of Unai Emery’s transfer targets. https://t.co/l3eh2cY69g

I would love to say that we can do better, but given our budget I'm not sure we can :lol: :lol:

gp543

Post by gp543 »

augie wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 2:08 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 2:03 pm

I would love to say that we can do better, but given our budget I'm not sure we can :lol: :lol:
In fairness, he did have 8 goals and 15 assists in a fairly poor Bournemouth side. He's a big improvement over Iwobi as well.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Funnily enough it's, mentioned that he is to be competition for iwobi

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

His fucking mother would be competition for Comedy Iwobi ffs.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Given some of our midfield purchases over recent years I'd bite your hand off for RF tbh. He seems like a good honest pro and hopefully would grab the opportunity to step up with both hands. An injection of speed and directness. Imagine Iwobi in a Bournemouth side and ask whether you think he would be as productive - no brainer.

Talking of no brains leads me nicely on to this threat :shock:

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/23/arsenal- ... s-9664807/

Just fu.ck off will you