ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by augie »

Arsenal signing carrasco is the second most likely signing still to be done in this transfer window, and we are listed as 1/7 ON to sign him ?? :shock: :shock: I thought this deal was dead in the water since last week :? :?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... er-summer/

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:53 am
Saying this on an internet forum might seem a bit hypocritical, but fcuk me social media is a cesspit mostly inhabited by braindead c.unts who stir up trouble by stupid things like this :roll:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... t-man-utd/
Jesus H Christ there's actually something called a Claude and Ty show?????? I mean what the actual fuck :suicide:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:11 am
augie wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:53 am
Saying this on an internet forum might seem a bit hypocritical, but fcuk me social media is a cesspit mostly inhabited by braindead c.unts who stir up trouble by stupid things like this :roll:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... t-man-utd/
Jesus H Christ there's actually something called a Claude and Ty show?????? I mean what the actual fuck :suicide:
Yeah and most of them are raking it in....Robbie estimated to be on around £400K a year...

augie

Post by augie »

augie

Post by augie »

Best of luck to jenks wherever he goes

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... sfer-news/

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

I know these 'what if' starting 11s are pie in the sky but I just can't help but smile at the absence of the usual suspects :lol:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... aliba-Sarr

Herd

Post by Herd »

Yeah and most of them are raking it in....Robbie estimated to be on around £400K a year...
The Herd have so far resisted the temptation of setting the hounds on these people, worse they have vetoed groups from taking punitive action .
They have warned claude at a do not so long ago that his behavior is unacceptable and that he should stop making us look like a laughing stock but still they continue . Don't be surprised if some irate punters go into action !

augie

Post by augie »

We desperately need a centre back I know, but I would rather sign no centre back than sign the young kid from france and then loan him back to his French club for next season - it makes no sense for a club on a limited budget that do that

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:46 am
The Herd have so far resisted the temptation of setting the hounds on these people, worse they have vetoed groups from taking punitive action .
They have warned claude at a do not so long ago that his behavior is unacceptable and that he should stop making us look like a laughing stock but still they continue . Don't be surprised if some irate punters go into action !
Hmmm... that post is borderline mate.... just to clarify no one on the Gooner forum is condoning or inciting violence in any way whatsoever but rather just passing comment on two complete arseholes.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:28 pm
Herd wrote:
Hmmm... that post is borderline mate.... just to clarify no one on the Gooner forum is condoning or inciting violence in any way whatsoever but rather just passing comment on two complete arseholes.

Yeah, that's a bit much Herd :lol: However, in fairness let's not forget that if you are restraining somebody / defending yourself or another / making a citizens arrest then a degree of force is legally permissible so it's all about having the nous to create the right circumstances to justify your conduct.

So if you happened to challenge the views of an individual.....let's just call him Ty and Ty started to get very animated to the point where you feared that he was going to physically attack you :lol: then there comes a point where you can give him a pre-emptive slap in 'self defence'. Helps to have some friendly witnesses or no witnesses if possible :lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Herd wrote:
They are a total embarrassment, and now all seem to have their own slots, all profiting on mainly slagging off the Arsenal

Think there is a place for Fan TV, alongside most other clubs, but not in the format AFTV present

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Our club & particularly the fans valid concerns are being exploited whilst some are making plenty of cash whilst doing it. :banghead: The club are very happy that fans are letting of steam via AFTV when they could actually be proper demonstrations & boycotts in place.

It's nothing like a fans organisation or co-operative forum where everyone is on the same side, together for the same goals. Other clubs have Spirit of Shankly, we have AFTV FFS! :cussing:

How can we have radical direct action against the club & Wiggy when AFTV are undermining fans concerns whilst laughing all the way to the bank.

AFTV needs to be boycotted, sut down & consigned to the dustbin of history. :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

I know that we are trying to shave the wage bill, but this is a no brainer for me

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... news-free/

I know that his wages and signing on fee would be significant, but he is a young player filling a position of need, would come without a transfer fee, and would boost the reputation of the club to future potential signings

Herd

Post by Herd »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:28 pm
Herd wrote:
Of course not and did I not say that they have been a model of restraint and discouraged such actions !

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:06 pm
I know that we are trying to shave the wage bill, but this is a no brainer for me

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... news-free/

I know that his wages and signing on fee would be significant, but he is a young player filling a position of need, would come without a transfer fee, and would boost the reputation of the club to future potential signings
Blimey if he has been snapped up by Juventus, along with Ramsey that's at least £80m of midfield talent for free.
Suggestions that we are implementing a Dortmund / Monaco youth development model maybe we should look at the Juventus model of snapping up players who are reaching their prime for free.