ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:09 am
What's deal with David Silva? He's not retiring, no club has been announced as his next destination. He's a friend of Arteta, would you take him on a 2 year contract if available? I know I would.

Fcuk no - I like the guy a lot and feel that he has been one of the best players ever to play in the premier league (and criminally under-rated), but he is past his best and doesnt fill a position of need for us.
As I said previously, thiago silva is past his best too but we have a serious weakness in that position

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Telefoot claim several clubs, including Atletico de Madrid, Barcelona, Inter & PSG, want Matteo Guendouzi who could leave #Arsenal this summer. https://t.co/KVJjI5YyBz

villej

Post by villej »

augie wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:31 am
Nos89 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:09 am
What's deal with David Silva? He's not retiring, no club has been announced as his next destination. He's a friend of Arteta, would you take him on a 2 year contract if available? I know I would.

Fcuk no - I like the guy a lot and feel that he has been one of the best players ever to play in the premier league (and criminally under-rated), but he is past his best and doesnt fill a position of need for us.
As I said previously, thiago silva is past his best too but we have a serious weakness in that position
He is still better than our players but I wouldn't sign him either. And I believe he wouldn't be interested because he is going back to Spain, probably to Valencia.

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:37 am
Telefoot claim several clubs, including Atletico de Madrid, Barcelona, Inter & PSG, want Matteo Guendouzi who could leave #Arsenal this summer. https://t.co/KVJjI5YyBz

Regardless of where he goes, he will probably go cheap - all the media uproar about him, and the subsequent dropping of him from the squad altogether, will highlight the fact that arteta wants rid and we will be low balled on a fee for him :roll: :evil: :evil:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to L’Equipe, Matteo Guendouzi has informed #Arsenal he is ready to leave this summer. Arsenal are ready to sell if they get an offer of around €40m for the Frenchman. https://t.co/bPPRYGtoi4

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:37 am
I'm not too fussed about Guendouzi leaving. I would have taken the £60m figures that were being talked about last summer. I can't remember a game in which he took control. Has the petulant attitude of a young Pogba with half the talent. He is part of the problem at the club, not the solution. Smith-Rowe is a better player in my opinion, as is AMN.

augie

Post by augie »

It is a sad day today what with the media wan.k in over the murdering scousers ending their 30 year famine, so just to remind me of better times I have been watching the Rocky and Wrighty documentary from BT and Premier League Legends the Tony Adams episode. It's funny cos in both programmes TA6 spoke about what a cocky young group they (TA6, Rocky, Mickey T etc) were coming through into the first team, and keown spoke about their arrogance as well and how they basically just wanted to push through and squeeze the older players out - fast forward 35 years or so, and now that arrogance and cockiness is no longer a good thing, and young players should know their place :? I would love to have seen how Rocky and Mickey T would have reacted to being kept out by a xhaka type quality :lol: :lol:

Midz

Post by Midz »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:34 am
According to L’Equipe, Matteo Guendouzi has informed #Arsenal he is ready to leave this summer. Arsenal are ready to sell if they get an offer of around €40m for the Frenchman. https://t.co/bPPRYGtoi4
Good, fuck off!!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

From Aunty:

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta has refused to guarantee Matteo Guendouzi will be at the club next season after reports the French midfielder, 21, has asked to leave. (Guardian)

Mikel Arteta has refused to guarantee Matteo Guendouzi will be an Arsenal player next season, amid suggestions that the midfielder would be open to leaving the club.

Guendouzi was dropped from the travelling squad for Thursday’s 2-0 win at Southampton, three days after he had avoided an FA charge for his role in a fracas at Brighton last Saturday. Reports in his native France have said that, during an internal meeting regarding that episode, Guendouzi made it known that he would be happy to depart this summer.

Arsenal's Guendouzi escapes FA action over grabbing Maupay's throat
Read more
“Whatever internal issues we have, we will deal with them privately and I am never going to make any of that public,” Arteta said when asked whether that was an accurate reflection of Guendouzi’s situation.

Questioned on whether Guendouzi would definitely remain at the club beyond this summer, Arteta was similarly tight-lipped but took pains to say every member of his team must buy into his way of operating. “All the players that are here, I am counting on them,” he said. “If they want to jump on the boat they are more than welcome and that’s always my mindset. I am here to help all of them to improve individually and collectively. That is my job.”

Arteta and Guendouzi have had a mixed relationship since the head coach took over in December. Guendouzi was left out of the win over Newcastle in February after a difference of opinion during a training camp in Dubai, and the 21-year-old has not been a regular in Arteta’s starting lineup. It remains to be seen whether he will be recalled for Sunday’s FA Cup quarter-final against Sheffield United at Bramall Lane.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Arsenal are tracking Portugal midfielder Danilo Pereira, with Porto willing to accept 20m euros (£18.2m) for the 28-year-old, and the Gunners remain interested in Atletico Madrid's Ghana midfielder Thomas Partey, 27.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Arsenal target Layvin Kurzawa, 27, is set to sign a new four-year deal with Paris St-Germain when the French left-back's contract expires on 30 June.

Arsenal loanee Dani Ceballos has hinted at rejoining his first club Real Betis after the Spanish midfielder, 23, returns to parent club Real Madrid at the end of the season. (Marca)

augie

Post by augie »

Arteta is an intelligent man I dont doubt that, but how can he spout bollox about things being dealt with internally, when he dropped the player out of the squad altogether ? Did he think that no-one would notice that he was punishing guendouzi ?? There is a right way and a wrong way to deal with these things - if he wanted to punish guendouzi then put him on the bench and dont use him, cos that way he has plausible deniability and can say that he was merely rotating the squad like he did against brighton when he left Tierney on the bench. I also think that in some ways a player would prefer to stay at home doing his own thing rather than sit on the bench as an unused substitute, so dont give guendouzi that easy out.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:05 am
Arteta is an intelligent man I dont doubt that, but how can he spout bollox about things being dealt with internally, when he dropped the player out of the squad altogether ? Did he think that no-one would notice that he was punishing guendouzi ?? There is a right way and a wrong way to deal with these things - if he wanted to punish guendouzi then put him on the bench and dont use him, cos that way he has plausible deniability and can say that he was merely rotating the squad like he did against brighton when he left Tierney on the bench. I also think that in some ways a player would prefer to stay at home doing his own thing rather than sit on the bench as an unused substitute, so dont give guendouzi that easy out.
He already had one passenger in Ozil, having two would be silly. He already done that with guendouzi after the dubai trip. Taking Smith instead was a clear sign of authority by Arteta to guendouzi, and if doesn't like it he can leave. Get £40m for him and we can bolster the squad by getting Auba and Saka to commit. There are players at the club who offer more to Arteta than guendouzi. He can be someone elses problem.

augie

Post by augie »

No way we will get £40m much less the laughable £60m rumour - I'd sell him myself if we were offered £60m 8)

I love the way some fans never consider how selling a player (any player) might affect the confidence of other players in the squad - for example, would selling auba have a knock on effect on saka's plans for the future ? I'm not saying that guendouzi is anywhere near as good, or even if he is popular in the squad, but what I am saying is that losing players does not encourage players to join us, and does not encourage players to stay

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

augie wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:18 pm
No way we will get £40m much less the laughable £60m rumour - I'd sell him myself if we were offered £60m 8)

I love the way some fans never consider how selling a player (any player) might affect the confidence of other players in the squad - for example, would selling auba have a knock on effect on saka's plans for the future ? I'm not saying that guendouzi is anywhere near as good, or even if he is popular in the squad, but what I am saying is that losing players does not encourage players to join us, and does not encourage players to stay
Whilst that is true, the opposite could also be argued, if he is troublesome as reported then he might have a negative effect on the players around him, especially if he is giving it large about earnings, disrupting training etc. There's always two sides to a story and he may be pissing others than the coach off. Nobody knows the whole story and anything we say is only conjecture :rubchin:

augie

Post by augie »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:02 pm
augie wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:18 pm

Whilst that is true, the opposite could also be argued, if he is troublesome as reported then he might have a negative effect on the players around him, especially if he is giving it large about earnings, disrupting training etc. There's always two sides to a story and he may be pissing others than the coach off. Nobody knows the whole story and anything we say is only conjecture :rubchin:

I dont doubt that he might well have pissed off some of the other players, which is why I said that I dont know if he is popular within the squad. My point was meant for Nos.89 when he said that we should just sell him for the £40m and get auba and saka to sign new deals, as if it would be an automatic knock on from selling him - it is every bit as possible that selling players like guendouzi would convince players like auba and saka that we are a club that is going nowhere fast, and push them towards the exit

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I'm not sure how much a respectable amount for him would be and with the muppets running our club it might even be to coin a phrase '2 Pints of lager and a packet of crisps'. Also with Guendozi I think a lot depends on what happens with the rest of the CM, right now our defensive problems aside our current central midfield is one of the least creative I can remember, I'm not sure whether he adds or detracts from it's very limited creativity :rubchin: