ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jock Gooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:55 pm
A pretty in depth breakdown of the EU employment law issue and how Brexit might affect it here:

https://www.lawinsport.com/topics/featu ... n-football

Particularly interesting is the bit about Article 19 and signing young players.....

Can't help but think that FIFA would simply extend the exceptions rule to the UK in conjunction with EU players just to keep the status quo. They are too interested in cash to want to rock the boat. No doubt plenty of their rules wouldn't be legally enforceable if challenged.

augie

Post by augie »

I have no problem whatsoever with kos wanting to leave (I think the club should be pushing to sell him anyway), but if he thinks that he has done enough for the club to be allowed a free transfer, then he can fcuk right off :evil:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footb ... fer-latest

I would have thought offering him to st ettiene in part-exchange would be a win win for everyone - he gets a move back to france and would be joining a champs league club, st ettiene get an experienced international centre back to lead them in the champs league thus negating the need to get him back on loan for next season, and for us we would get a much needed centre back NOW

augie

Post by augie »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:24 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:55 pm
A pretty in depth breakdown of the EU employment law issue and how Brexit might affect it here:

https://www.lawinsport.com/topics/featu ... n-football

Particularly interesting is the bit about Article 19 and signing young players.....

Can't help but think that FIFA would simply extend the exceptions rule to the UK in conjunction with EU players just to keep the status quo. They are too interested in cash to want to rock the boat. No doubt plenty of their rules wouldn't be legally enforceable if challenged.

There are clubs all over mainland Europe that would probably object to the uk being allowed to use article 19 - barca in the last decade has seen young players like cesc, pique and bellend "robbed" from their academies by English clubs, and I'm sure they and other clubs will be more than happy to plug that loophole when Brexit kicks in

augie

Post by augie »

Back to the Zaha rumour, IF there is substance to the story, then I am expecting AFC to come back in with an increased cash bid plus jenks and chambers - we haven't got the type of cash required to buy Zaha (unless we sell auba), and any genuine bid is gonna need to be topped up with "fringe players" like jenks and chambers

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:17 am
augie wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:44 pm
Thought jenks is out of contract ? :?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... n-bissaka/

Supposedly his contract expired on 30/6/19 but he wasn't on the clubs release list. Haven't found anything definitive online - weird :?

Jenks under contract until next year despite a number of sources quoting this year - so hopefully he's up for a wee stint in Glasgow.

Apparently the club activated a clause in Monreal's contract that extends it for another year until next summer. I must have missed that but I hope they are going all out for Tierney as Nacho is on his last legs.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Herd wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:15 pm
When Raúl was with barca he did this crap all the time ,he did it to us with cesc if u remember ,problem is we aren't barca so unsettling the player wont work !
Our Management is a fucking Joke with overpaid clueless chancers and Edu might bring some yoof from hos homeland but knows fuck all about Europe or the premiership !
Gazidis ran away because he knew how badly he and wenger had fucked up and so got out before the shit hit the fan.
This transfer window is crucial for shipping out the crap and starting afresh but I can see us with the same crap players still here and us selling 1 or two of the better ones to balance the books and then shoving all the youth into the frontline .
I'm resigned to a meltdown of cataclysmic proportions before Christmas and them sacking Emery who will be the scapegoat for the clubs lack of foresight and ability !
In the long run sometimes you need to sink low before you can rise again ,the problem in the latter wenger years is that despite our decline it was slow ,we still got in the CL and the FA cup wins put a rosy tint on the decline .

We will be back but not for many years I think !
Yes going to be at least 5 to 10 years in the doldrums, unless of course the miracle of a new owner arrives

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:47 pm
Back to the Zaha rumour, IF there is substance to the story, then I am expecting AFC to come back in with an increased cash bid plus jenks and chambers - we haven't got the type of cash required to buy Zaha (unless we sell auba), and any genuine bid is gonna need to be topped up with "fringe players" like jenks and chambers
Together they might make £20 million, still a way short
thought Arsenal was offering the £40 million over 5 years as well, can't see this one happening

shu

Post by shu »

I am obviously totally missing the point but last year Fulham got promoted and spent over 100 mill with obviously no thurs europa footy . How can Arsenal only have a budget of 45 mill this season ? Surely this budget is less than any other premier league team ?

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:31 pm
So whilst we bought a 18 year Brazilian no-one has ever heard of, the fucking Spuds seem to have bought that player for 65M that a poster on here was adamant there was no chance in hell of them buying due to having no money..... :banghead:

Self-sustaining model in action right there Gents, oh well it's still early, if the Zaha deal goes through the last laughs on them..... :roll:

Boils my piss that we have fallen so far and there is no end in sight, how many years are we going to have to put up with this until Wiggy etc piss off
It was me. Hes shit and is replacing eriksen who is leaving. Don't worry about it. A no mark from ligue une with 6 caps for france with no one else in for him. Sissoko mark 2 but shitter.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

shu wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:18 pm
I am obviously totally missing the point but last year Fulham got promoted and spent over 100 mill with obviously no thurs europa footy . How can Arsenal only have a budget of 45 mill this season ? Surely this budget is less than any other premier league team ?
Can only assume it's the gross wage bill

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

shu wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:18 pm
Me too shu, they can't be giving all to Ozil.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

the playing mantis wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:15 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:31 pm
So whilst we bought a 18 year Brazilian no-one has ever heard of, the fucking Spuds seem to have bought that player for 65M that a poster on here was adamant there was no chance in hell of them buying due to having no money..... :banghead:

Self-sustaining model in action right there Gents, oh well it's still early, if the Zaha deal goes through the last laughs on them..... :roll:

Boils my piss that we have fallen so far and there is no end in sight, how many years are we going to have to put up with this until Wiggy etc piss off
It was me. Hes shit and is replacing eriksen who is leaving. Don't worry about it. A no mark from ligue une with 6 caps for france with no one else in for him. Sissoko mark 2 but shitter.
Not really bothered whether he's shit or not, it is the obvious spending power that bunch of *word censored* have even with a brand new stadium which cost significantly more than ours, ffs 65M on a no mark or not is still more than our reported entire budget of 2 pints of lager and some pork scratchings.

The other issue is even if they have to sell some of their twats to fund the player they are likely to get more than any of ours other than our two strikers and incidently are actually more likely to be able to shift their dead weight, whether we like it or not we are falling behind them in terms of attractability at this moment and i can see it only getting worse.... it is absolutely farcical how our club is run and it goes way beyond Wenger and Gazidis no matter how much we may want to pin it all on them. I absolutely despise those no neck mouth breathing fuckers up the road but right now they are being much better run than our shit show of a club.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Crazy transfer news filtering out,

Several papers reporting we have made a £50 million bid for Maguire, that cant be real?

Is this £45 million transfer budget bullshit, who knows?

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

can't even get a tad bit excited about the signing of the young Brazilian lad.

If he's any good he'll be playing for Barcelona or Madrid in two years time anyway.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:23 am
can't even get a tad bit excited about the signing of the young Brazilian lad.

If he's any good he'll be playing for Barcelona or Madrid in two years time anyway.
That's basically the model the club are now going to be operating from now on.....buy in young prospects for £6m and shift em on for £60m a few years downs the line.