ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by nut flush gooner »

I am so happy and so glad we didn't cash our chips in.

Auba has shot up into the top 10 of my all-time Arsenal favourites, there are some big names in there and he is just about the only modern-day Arsenal player possibly for the last 15 years that has a genuine connection with the fans.

When I go to my next game will show him all my appreciation he didn't have to stay this is massive for us.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Best player at the club since Thierry.

Superb news, absolutely fucking buzzing :barscarf:

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Delighted he has signed a new deal,many have moved on in the same position.

Last year he looked nailed on going imo,Arteta deserves some credit Auba would have had a lot of offers and a 31 year old world class striker signing a new three year deal will give the whole club a lift.

To me he is a young 31 just reaching his peak, fantastic news :barscarf:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:19 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:18 am
Aubameyang to sign new contract today
It's done.

Thank fu.ck for that.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

He signed da ting :barscarf:

He loves the club and we love him.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I felt strangely relaxed about him signing a new deal because I've always had the feeling that he's a good, honest bloke who isn't really bothered about moving just to make more money. Yes, his new deal means he's on massive money but he could probably have got another 100 grand a week elsewhere but I get the impression that he's committed to the club, wants to be here and win things and see through a new era. This is a huge deal for the club, the first time in years that we've managed to extend a deal of a player who is one of the best in the country. This does seem to send a message out that we are doing something positive and that the players are behind the manager and his vision.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Two days after the Champions League Final defeat in 2006 Thierry Henry signed a contract extension to much fanfare .Some fans said it was more important than winning in Paris..He was gone within twelve months. Don't think that will happen this time .

Bennett

Post by Bennett »

Fantastic news.. ..Arteta takes a lot of credit for this. I am seriously liking Captain Scarlet barnet and his approach. The Arsenal!

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

augie wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:14 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:15 am
According to @cmdotcom, #Arsenal & Torino have ‘in the last few hours’ agreed a fee of €24m for Lucas Torreira. Torino are financing the transfer by selling defender Armando Izzo to Roma for a similar fee. https://t.co/r3i0eI1Z9F

Initially on loan ..... fcuk that shit :evil: :evil: I would much rather take £20m now, than getting £24m spread out over the next 2 years :roll:
Whats the problem , the fee will be paid over two years , it releases a place for another foreign player meaning one of the two midfielders will come in . Our deals will be done in installments as well . My issue today is Kola wants to stay and fight for his place meaning he isn't willing to take a pay cut , greedy fat walker.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

I was always confident he would sign but its a huge relief , we can build on this . Two more signings and ill be happy.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

absolutely buzzing he has signed :D :barscarf:

I would of been shocked if he didn't to be honest because it's all Arsenal, Arsenal on his social media.

He loves the club and that feels fucking great

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:18 am
Aubameyang to sign new contract today
Delighted it's signed. He's a striker and goal scorer up there with Wrighty and Henry. He'll hit 30 PL goals this season and leave Racist Steptoe in his dust. Mark my words. 8)

augie

Post by augie »

gooner265 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:17 pm
augie wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:14 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:15 am
According to @cmdotcom, #Arsenal & Torino have ‘in the last few hours’ agreed a fee of €24m for Lucas Torreira. Torino are financing the transfer by selling defender Armando Izzo to Roma for a similar fee. https://t.co/r3i0eI1Z9F

Initially on loan ..... fcuk that shit :evil: :evil: I would much rather take £20m now, than getting £24m spread out over the next 2 years :roll:
Whats the problem , the fee will be paid over two years , it releases a place for another foreign player meaning one of the two midfielders will come in . Our deals will be done in installments as well . My issue today is Kola wants to stay and fight for his place meaning he isn't willing to take a pay cut , greedy fat walker.

The problem is that the clubs in which we are trying to buy players from (lyon and ath madrid) are looking for cash up front, so if they stick to that stance we need money now not in 12 months. Making room for another foreigner is only useful if we have the funds to recruit them

augie

Post by augie »

Bennett wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:16 pm
Fantastic news.. ..Arteta takes a lot of credit for this. I am seriously liking Captain Scarlet barnet and his approach. The Arsenal!

I agree with this too - I do think that auba's decision to leave (if he left) was gonna be about ambition and not money, so keeping him was gonna take some persuasion from arteta and edu to convince him that we will be going after trophies with everything we have got. I do think though that the wage he is getting from us is probably higher than what was on offer elsewhere