2018 Pre-season tour

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jock Gooner

Re: 2018 Pre-season tour

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:36 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:23 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:41 am
augie wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:43 am
Ba*tard club online ticket server crashed after waiting in queue for 15 minutes, and now it cant even load the fcuking page - first time we have played in Dublin for years, and now it looks like I wont even be able to bring kids to the fcuking game :twisted: :twisted: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
still availabe on ticketmaster

just got mine. 60 each is a bit steep for a friendly but its close to the season starting so should see a good few of the first teamers.

looking like its going to be a sell out too. well on the arsenal side

60 euros for a friendly - fucking hell they're not afraid to charge you boys are they. I'm not sure if that's better value than the £20 we have to pay to watch the annual fun day out at Boreham Wood in July or not.

Just out of interest do you have a generation of snot nosed little cu.nts over there that are Chavski fans. I'm not aware of any historical connections but everybody seems to have their own little pocket of glory hunting little twats - it's the law :banghead:
Chavski's not so much. You see a few since they had their little bit of pimped success but mostly it's bandwagon hopping Europeans living here that wear their shit. They are still associated with the NF, Combat 18 and the chav headhunters in most true Oirish football fans' minds.

The red manc filth the Mousers and the Arsenal are still the most supported teams over here. And you get a good few of the moron Celtic hardman-wannabe fans too. Arseholes. :censored:

Cheers for the background - good to know that Oirish standards haven't slipped to the level of the Chavs. No civilized society should put up with that shower of shit.

richie powling

Post by richie powling »

you see the odd chelsea shirt but no real support, as db10 said its mostly man utd and liverpool with the arsenal the third biggest, if chelsea dont bring supporters from london then the game at the aviva will be full of irish gooners with the odd blue shirt lost in a sea of red.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Did Manu or Liverpool have such Irish legends like Brady Stapleton O'Leary play at the same time, sure there are a few more to mention, no they fuckin didn't!...
Even back in the sixties, you could hear Paddy on the North Bank, there is a closer bond with our Irish support, so those glory hunting feckin followers can "had away and shite yer buggers", apologies that's the Geordie coming out of me....
Rant over..... :cussing: :lol: :wink:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:43 am
Did Manu or Liverpool have such Irish legends like Brady Stapleton O'Leary play at the same time, sure there are a few more to mention, no they fuckin didn't!...
Even back in the sixties, you could hear Paddy on the North Bank, there is a closer bond with our Irish support, so those glory hunting feckin followers can "had away and shite yer buggers", apologies that's the Geordie coming out of me....
Most of the man utd support are glory hunters for sure. It’s funny seeing their reaction when you mention that fact to them.

My nephew has gooner uncles on both sides. He was a young gooner himself but all his mates were man utd at school and he did the unthinkable! I still give him stick about it now.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:23 am
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:43 am
Most of the man utd support are glory hunters for sure. It’s funny seeing their reaction when you mention that fact to them.

My nephew has gooner uncles on both sides. He was a young gooner himself but all his mates were man utd at school and he did the unthinkable! I still give him stick about it now.

Growing up near Kings Cross mates were split between Arsenal and Tottenham, kickabouts on the estate were easily sorted back then, you had the odd West Ham unfortunate but geographically speaking the world was bigger and your local team was it.
Things change, the world is smaller and allegiances differ greatly, a hell of a lot of migration North to South etc etc
“Vive le difference” as they say!... :barscarf: :lol:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Or ‘vive la difference’ actually..... 8)

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

richie powling wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:22 am
you see the odd chelsea shirt but no real support, as db10 said its mostly man utd and liverpool with the arsenal the third biggest, if chelsea dont bring supporters from london then the game at the aviva will be full of irish gooners with the odd blue shirt lost in a sea of red.
I would imagine a few Linfield/Rangers fans may venture down from the north.

UlsterGooner

Post by UlsterGooner »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:43 am
richie powling wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:22 am
I would imagine a few Linfield/Rangers fans may venture down from the north.
I would doubt it and there is no such place as the north