BURNLEY (6th place play off) HOME 6th May 16:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
bergkamp10

Re: BURNLEY (6th place play off) HOME 6th May 16:30

Post by bergkamp10 »

xisstential wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 11:00 am
It was Wenger who put Ozil on 350k pw because he made such an unholy mess of the Sanchez contract....AND we can be very, very thankful that he's leaving because he would have given Ramsey everything he asked for as well.

I'm not a person who lives his life with the "I can never forgive" mantra because it eats away at you, so if Wenger had the humility to stand up and say, " I made mistakes, maybe I should have taken more advice at times, our fans have been wonderful, I didn't acknowledge them enough at times....etc, etc, etc" I would forgive him in a heartbeat. But he didn't and he won't.That..... I'm always right, what do they know disdain and swaggering arrogance still persists and I think he is angry and deeply resentful about the way the club has treated him.. So how do you forgive somebody who doesn't ask for forgiveness, who is never wrong so doesn't think he needs forgiving?

He has built a team that I cannot even recognise and he absolutely destroyed my love of watching Arsenal......a team that personifies himself...arrogant, unaccountable, unteachable, lacking bottle and who hold themselves above any type of criticism. A team that sees the fans as a nuisance every time we have the temerity to criticise them when they don't fight and who, when they do put in a half decent performance, always talk about "doing it for their manager". Does Wenger or his team even realise how angry some fans were, how disrespected they felt and pissed off they were?? I don't care that he never won the Europa, because again, it would have been all about him, the plaudits would have all gone to him and the send off would have been even more cringeworthy. He didn't win in Europe because he does not know how to, he proved that to us...over 20 times...... and the team got the blame. His team!!

So I have gratefully accepted that he is going and have chosen to completely ignore the ridiculous, sycophantic, gushing, hero worhipping accolades over the past couple of weeks. He is gone..it is finally over..one more week...one more week for him to pick up a point to stave off a record that will otherwise probably stand until the end of time.

I honestly feel that Wenger killed off something in me the way I felt about AFC, but I will support the team once he leaves, even this very team that he has assembled, because I think under a proper manager they can be a lot better, they will not be allowed to behave the way they currently do.

A decent manager can win the Europa next season... with this very team (excluding Mustafi of course)
Personally I feel we are extremely lucky to have Leicester and Hudd to play in the last two games away to grab a few away points.

Otherwise it would of been the worse AFC away record for all time!! In recent times anyhow. It's been a real away day s^^tfest this season that's for sure.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

bergkamp10 wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 7:37 pm
xisstential wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 11:00 am
It was Wenger who put Ozil on 350k pw because he made such an unholy mess of the Sanchez contract....AND we can be very, very thankful that he's leaving because he would have given Ramsey everything he asked for as well.

I'm not a person who lives his life with the "I can never forgive" mantra because it eats away at you, so if Wenger had the humility to stand up and say, " I made mistakes, maybe I should have taken more advice at times, our fans have been wonderful, I didn't acknowledge them enough at times....etc, etc, etc" I would forgive him in a heartbeat. But he didn't and he won't.That..... I'm always right, what do they know disdain and swaggering arrogance still persists and I think he is angry and deeply resentful about the way the club has treated him.. So how do you forgive somebody who doesn't ask for forgiveness, who is never wrong so doesn't think he needs forgiving?

He has built a team that I cannot even recognise and he absolutely destroyed my love of watching Arsenal......a team that personifies himself...arrogant, unaccountable, unteachable, lacking bottle and who hold themselves above any type of criticism. A team that sees the fans as a nuisance every time we have the temerity to criticise them when they don't fight and who, when they do put in a half decent performance, always talk about "doing it for their manager". Does Wenger or his team even realise how angry some fans were, how disrespected they felt and pissed off they were?? I don't care that he never won the Europa, because again, it would have been all about him, the plaudits would have all gone to him and the send off would have been even more cringeworthy. He didn't win in Europe because he does not know how to, he proved that to us...over 20 times...... and the team got the blame. His team!!

So I have gratefully accepted that he is going and have chosen to completely ignore the ridiculous, sycophantic, gushing, hero worhipping accolades over the past couple of weeks. He is gone..it is finally over..one more week...one more week for him to pick up a point to stave off a record that will otherwise probably stand until the end of time.

I honestly feel that Wenger killed off something in me the way I felt about AFC, but I will support the team once he leaves, even this very team that he has assembled, because I think under a proper manager they can be a lot better, they will not be allowed to behave the way they currently do.

A decent manager can win the Europa next season... with this very team (excluding Mustafi of course)
Personally I feel we are extremely lucky to have Leicester and Hudd to play in the last two games away to grab a few away points.

Otherwise it would of been the worse AFC away record for all time!! In recent times anyhow. It's been a real away day s^^tfest this season that's for sure.
Now now.....I think that's all been explained away in this past 24 hours as being "special circumstances" :D

Redstar

Post by Redstar »

xisstential wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 1:30 pm
Redstar wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 10:48 pm
Very emotional day. I was forced into sitting in the Club Level for the first time, but I must say the facilities and hospitality is impressive up there. It's way more than I would pay to see virtually any football match, but it was a special day, regardless of your thoughts towards Wenger at the end. The club did a fantastic job with so many little touches.
As in weeping with uncontrollable joy??... cannot believe ANYBODY who cares about AFC is sad to see him
go.
Well yeah, emotion includes the joy many had to see him leave.

To me, nostalgia is a huge part of football, so it was emotional to see him say his goodbyes after being the only Arsenal manager in my memory. However, last night was a reminder of the issues the team has that he blatantly refuses to - or cannot - address. I think a lot of the emotion sadness is almost pity that he's bowing out on a low.