Gerrard

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
clockender1

Gerrard

Post by clockender1 »

that's mind blowing.

why would rangers do that ?

crazy stuff.

Theoperator

Re: Gerrard

Post by Theoperator »

clockender1 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 12:57 pm
that's mind blowing.

crazy stuff.
They dont want any slip ups next season :?

Massively risky, for both Steve mee and Rangers, if they flop then who would have him as a manager. Expect they will flop TBH, though he will have player contacts that may help to persude players to play there, so long as the player can understand what Mee is saying of course

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

its typical Stevie Mee taking the spotlight when he could of kept his head down and worked hard and learned from undoubtedly one of the top coaches in the game.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Wait till the first old firm derby with celtic - all the banana's that will be thrown onto the pitch. :D

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Scottish football is complete gash but the Glasgow clubs both have massive fan bases. Whether Gerrard thinks he can get some big club experience to push on for a job in England before his contract is up who knows. What I do know is the rest of the SPL is pretty micky mouse and unless he has got the nod from Rangers to try and do a Souness lite I can't see what he is up to as Rangers are miles behind Celtic. On the plus side at least it's cutting down the coverage of TOF.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 1:46 pm
Scottish football is complete gash but the Glasgow clubs both have massive fan bases. Whether Gerrard thinks he can get some big club experience to push on for a job in England before his contract is up who knows. What I do know is the rest of the SPL is pretty micky mouse and unless he has got the nod from Rangers to try and do a Souness lite I can't see what he is up to as Rangers are miles behind Celtic. On the plus side at least it's cutting down the coverage of TOF.
I'm amazed that Wonga didn't apply - it would be perfect for him - big club in a tinpot league with zero pressure.

maybe they couldn't afford his extortionate wages.

my bet on gerrard is sacked by xmas.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

His appointment is based on the fact that he has history of stopping Brendan Rodgers.winning a title..

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Typical self-indulgent, self-entitled Ingerland player of that generation. Thinks he knows it all and doesn't think he needs to work his way up through the game by doing a few years at lower league clubs. Couldn't really give a shit about Scottish football and it is about the same level as non-league in England but surely there were people with, you know, actual management experience.

augie

Post by augie »

clockender1 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 12:57 pm
that's mind blowing.

crazy stuff.

rangers have nothing to lose cos they are miles behind celtic as it is

Stevie me has a whole lot to lose though - he will need oligarch type of investment if he is to catch celtic up anytime soon, and playing in scotland it is impossible to justify that type of spending. Make no mistake, the rangers fans will be expecting him to turn them around quickly, cos there is no other reason why you would appoint a guy with zero managerial experience (take note gazidas :wink: ). They think that his name will entice players to join them, and maybe on loan some players will, but he is taking over a club in turmoil on and off the pitch and is taking a huge risk

Can I also take this opportunity (again :wink: ) to say that I would love to see celtic and rangers in the premier league - 2 massive clubs, and with the type of tv money english clubs get, could turn them into top 6 clubs within a decade 8)

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

" What does it say about the Scottish football that it can attract people of the calibre of Stevie and you ?" the reporter asked Brendan Rodgers....and neither of them laughed.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Bradywasking wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 1:51 pm
His appointment is based on the fact that he has history of stopping Brendan Rodgers.winning a title..

Quality Brady :lol: :barscarf:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 2:09 pm
Typical self-indulgent, self-entitled Ingerland player of that generation.
exactly - who really thinks that great players respect the likes of Gerrard, Lampard etc ?

I think 'who' ?

would be their answer.

gp543

Post by gp543 »

I don't think a lot of people appreciate how big of a mess Rangers are in. They don't have hope of catching Celtic for at least 3-4 seasons minimum.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

clockender1 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 4:18 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 2:09 pm
Typical self-indulgent, self-entitled Ingerland player of that generation.
exactly - who really thinks that great players respect the likes of Gerrard, Lampard etc ?

I think 'who' ?

would be their answer.
The Sky Sports generation. Rangers apparently want to win the league. What does Slippy Mee know about winning league titles? They'd be better off employing Luke Chadwick or Pascal Cygan.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Match made in heaven! Scumbag person, Scumbag football club!
I consider Celtic to be Scumbags as well ! So no need for anyone to play the sectarian card!! :wink: