Sir Alex Ferguson

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bradywasking

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson

Post by Bradywasking »

Harry Kane visited Sir Alex today.." his speech still isn't great and I couldn't really understand what he was trying to say " said Sir Alex

augie

Post by augie »

:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Have always despised him in the football world and always will tbh but also would be the first to say he is the greatest manager the game has ever seen.

Hope he makes a full recovery because you know seriously he's someone's dad someone's grandad someone's husband someone's brother etc.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

g88ner wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 8:42 pm
augie wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 8:34 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 7:58 pm
a great man as well as a great manager.

Hoping for a recovery, but it sounds bad.
Football rivalries are irrelevant at times like this.

I'm not having that - he was indeed a great manager, but a great man ? No fcuking way
I bet you're great at funerals augie, jumping up to correct the grieving widow when she's giving the eulogy; "I'm not having that - he was indeed a great mechanic, but a great man ? No fcuking way " :evil: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Pleased he is making a good recovery

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 6:45 am
Have always despised him in the football world and always will tbh but also would be the first to say he is the greatest manager the game has ever seen.

Hope he makes a full recovery because you know seriously he's someone's dad someone's grandad someone's husband someone's brother etc.
No doubt a great Manager by the records,trophys won will go down in history, but greatest ever? would put Clough ahead of him myself

If i called him a great man I would be a hypocrite....wish him well though as i would anyone in similar circumstances....

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Bradywasking wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:39 pm
Harry Kane visited Sir Alex today.." his speech still isn't great and I couldn't really understand what he was trying to say " said Sir Alex

Probably a bit too soon, but priceless nonetheless. :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:39 pm
:coffeespit:

QUAL - ITT -TEEEE! :high5:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

ps: It is good to hear he is o the mend.

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 11:40 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

No doubt a great Manager by the records,trophys won will go down in history, but greatest ever? would put Clough ahead of him myself

If i called him a great man I would be a hypocrite....wish him well though as i would anyone in similar circumstances....
Trust me he is the greatest

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Ernie71 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 2:52 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 11:40 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

Trust me he is the greatest
Absolutely. 25 years of sustained success at the very top of the game. Won everything a club manager can win. No one comes near.