OZIL - Merged Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: OZIL No shows, Injury, illness ??

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:27 pm
https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... -criticism

What a shower of hypocritical german Nazi b..stards - they thought nothing of the rights of players or degrading a player when their own president was stabbing ozil in the back for the past few months :evil: To call a press conference to attack journo's for belittling the service some Bayern players have given their country over the years, is truly outrageous when it was the same journo's that facilitated him and his attacks on ozil :censored:

As I keep saying, I am no ozil apologist by any means, but ozil's treatment in motherland germany ( :roll: ) has been disgraceful, and this only compounds it
Outrageous is an understatement. What a pack of hypocritical cùnts. :censored:

'Respektlos', the German for 'disrespectful', was consistently used as Rummenigge cited Article 1 of the German constitution - 'the dignity of the human being is inviolable' - in an impassioned defence of his playing staff.

Like the dignity of Ozil when these fuckers scapegoated him? Shameful bastards. :censored:

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

They made the runs, he supplied the balls, you could say he cut through them like a hot Blade through butter :barscarf:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Can we give Blade a 12 hour pass every time Ozil does something good?

Post by 1989 »

AkneyGooner wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:33 am
They made the runs, he supplied the balls, you could say he cut through them like a hot Blade through butter :barscarf:
What a blading brilliant performance. :D

augie

Post by augie »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:33 am
Can we give Blade a 12 hour pass every time Ozil does something good?

Fcuk that - rationality doesnt enter that clown's mindset :roll: :banghead: :censored:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

nice to see him chanelling his inner robbie savage last night :barscarf: , a few more performances like that will do nicely, if he can replicate that form more than 5 times a season (which he really should do under dick) then he'll be due to have his best season with us

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:41 am
nice to see him chanelling his inner robbie savage last night :barscarf: , a few more performances like that will do nicely, if he can replicate that form more than 5 times a season (which he really should do under dick) then he'll be due to have his best season with us
Take the Stupidity-Penis out of your mouth ffs mate. :oops:

:barscarf: :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Seems there has been a big falling out between manager and player.

Exchange between reporters and Emery on Mesut Ozil.

Q. Could he have played?
Emery: "He has back ache."
Q. When did he get that?
Emery: "I don't know."
Q. Was he here today?

Hasn’t been seen since he threw a strop at Palace wasn’t it?

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:39 pm

Q. Could he have played?
Q. When did he get that?
Q. Was he here today?

I think Ozil has some mental issues - whilst there was undoubtedly some justification behind what he said then his Instagram posts were not the actions of somebody acting reasonably.

Ask anybody and they’ll tell you that Emery puts a few noses out of joint pushing his players to the max. Not sure that’s going to suit Ozil.

Just a shame when you see Mkhitaryan getting a starting berth.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:45 pm
rodders999 wrote:

Q. Could he have played?
Q. When did he get that?
Q. Was he here today?

I think Ozil has some mental issues - whilst there was undoubtedly some justification behind what he said then his Instagram posts were not the actions of somebody acting reasonably.

Ask anybody and they’ll tell you that Emery puts a few noses out of joint pushing his players to the max. Not sure that’s going to suit Ozil.

Think you might be right on that. His strop at being subbed seems to be just the public face of a deeper falling out. And if Dick has fucked him off because of attitude then Dick is right. Dick is the manager. It has to be his way or the highway.

No player is bigger or more important than the team. And if Ozil can't accept that then there's the door.

Hopefully he'll come around because we do not create enough in the middle behind the strikers without him. Comedy Iwobi and Mickey Tarragon are nowhere near his level and Torriera and The Dozer are more defensively disciplined so don't really suit that number 10 role as brilliant as they both have been.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:05 am
northbank123 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Q. Could he have played?
Q. When did he get that?
Q. Was he here today?

Think you might be right on that. His strop at being subbed seems to be just the public face of a deeper falling out. And if Dick has fucked him off because of attitude then Dick is right. Dick is the manager. It has to be his way or the highway.

No player is bigger or more important than the team. And if Ozil can't accept that then there's the door.

Hopefully he'll come around because we do not create enough in the middle behind the strikers without him. Comedy Iwobi and Mickey Tarragon are nowhere near his level and Torriera and The Dozer are more defensively disciplined so don't really suit that number 10 role as brilliant as they both have been.
Still time for a wa back for Ramsey ? - only if Ozil leaves
Not that he is “creative” in the way Ozil is, but that is where he is most effective.
He can’t play wide and he doesn’t defend well enough to be a central midfielder.

augie

Post by augie »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:38 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:05 am
northbank123 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Q. Could he have played?
Q. When did he get that?
Q. Was he here today?

Still time for a wa back for Ramsey ? - only if Ozil leaves
Not that he is “creative” in the way Ozil is, but that is where he is most effective.
He can’t play wide and he doesn’t defend well enough to be a central midfielder.

I was wondering the same thing - personally I would still rather we got rid instead of paying him a kings ransom for mostly average shite, but the ozil situation MIGHT open the door for him

I have said it before that I would be very much in favour of selling ozil asap, but the reality is that I simply cannot see it happening - the guy is on 350k per week ffs, so can anybody see a club coming in and agree to paying him that ? Would people be willing to let him go on loan if the loaning club pays all or most of his wages ? I certainly wouldnt cos we need a fee for him so that we can reinvest it in the squad. Can anybody see ozil taking a significant drop in wages to get a move away ? Again I dont see that happening either. Do we think that the club will be willing to sell ozil with the clause that we pay a significant chunk of his wages for the remainder of his contract ? Maybe that would happen but tbh I doubt it.

I still rate ozil as world class if he is put in the right situation, but the reality is that he will never suit the system and mentality that Dick wants to play, and cos of that we should get rid

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

I back the manager 100% in this situation. Ozil is the luxury we can only afford to pay but not play.

Post by 1989 »

All the talent in the world but with the mentality of a mouse.

Herd

Post by Herd »

It's clear whose Boss and that isn't little Ozil ,I think he feins the back spasms ,colds ,etc in order not to get fined.
I think that if they can shift Ozil and Miki in January or Summer they will but you either have to sell him for almost nothing or get some dosh and pay him off,I'd favour selling and a clean slate on the accounts ,likewise mikki.
We are in transition period and we are doing OK best to change everything now and march on .
There is a way back for Ramsey I think , but It might be too near the transfer window to sign him on at a reasonable price so perhaps its bye bye Aaron ,he's had to change his lacksidaisical ways but it seems like he can adjust and is willing to .
Ozil though ,enough is enough !