OZIL - Merged Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: Ozil and Kolasinac attempted hijacking

Post by northbank123 »

Ernie71 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:57 pm
Surely the safest place for Ozil is on the pitch.He'll be invisible
:lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:06 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:58 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:35 pm
goonersid wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:10 pm
Strangest “football” story I’ve ever heard.
Only speculating here, but could they have gotten themselves involved in something with some crooks, and it’s gone tits up?
Attacks seem to be too personal to be “political”
Genuinely concerned that a “scandal” is about to be revealed!
We've been chewing this one over and wondered the same thing. If it's an OCG then you would expect them to pick another soft target and move away from our two. Have they got involved with the wrong sort and something has gone wrong or has Kolasinac embarrassed them so much that they are taking it personally. Might turn out to be interesting. Just seems a bit lame and luvvie at the moment unless of course somebody has put a hit out on Ozil in which case somebody needs to check his insurance premiums are up to date. Don't want a Frank Warren moment.
Schizophrenia is a bitch isn't it :lol:
:lol: :lol:

That took me a second to work out - it was clear to me, I knew what I meant :lol: I think the failing is on your part for not being intuitive enough :lol:

Ok..... 'my son and I were chewing the fat over this one'......happy now :lol:

Ah ok, you have a son, I'll play along :wink: :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:02 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:06 pm
Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:58 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:35 pm
goonersid wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:10 pm
Strangest “football” story I’ve ever heard.
Only speculating here, but could they have gotten themselves involved in something with some crooks, and it’s gone tits up?
Attacks seem to be too personal to be “political”
Genuinely concerned that a “scandal” is about to be revealed!
We've been chewing this one over and wondered the same thing. If it's an OCG then you would expect them to pick another soft target and move away from our two. Have they got involved with the wrong sort and something has gone wrong or has Kolasinac embarrassed them so much that they are taking it personally. Might turn out to be interesting. Just seems a bit lame and luvvie at the moment unless of course somebody has put a hit out on Ozil in which case somebody needs to check his insurance premiums are up to date. Don't want a Frank Warren moment.
Schizophrenia is a bitch isn't it :lol:
:lol: :lol:

That took me a second to work out - it was clear to me, I knew what I meant :lol: I think the failing is on your part for not being intuitive enough :lol:

Ok..... 'my son and I were chewing the fat over this one'......happy now :lol:

Ah ok, you have a son, I'll play along :wink: :lol:

Ha Ha - I was talking to my other self yesterday when my imaginary friend joined in the discussion :lol:

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

Reminds me of the time Andy Goram was diagnosed with schizophrenia...."TWO ANDY GORAMS, THERES ONLY TWO ANDY GORAMS" the crowd sang....how we laughed at his mental anguish

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Hopefully these arrests might just put an end to all this bollox

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... e-incident

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

: Two men were arrested on Thursday night after a verbal altercation with security staff outside Mesut Ozil's home. It was one of at least two security incidents involving Ozil and Kolasinac in recent days.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Both men were Charlie smirks and from near here
September court date at Highbury mmmmm

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Herd wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:36 am
Both men were Charlie smirks and from near here
September court date at Highbury mmmmm
Yes, really strange this as they are both Turkish, did not help when they showed where Ozil lives

Reports saying his wife fled to Germany, hope they are OK

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

The fair minded Daily Mail has a headline saying both players are dropped. Surely they could have came up with a better wording.?
It's a very surreal situation and has to be worrying for them and their families.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

From BBC Website:

"Two men have been charged with a public order offence connected to an Arsenal player, police have said.

Ferhat Ercan, of Highgate, and Salaman Ekinci, of Tottenham, were arrested on Thursday outside the north London home of Gunners star Mesut Ozil."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-49309280

I wonder if it's the same 2 scumbags who tried it on with knives during the Car Jacking?

I think this is only beginning of a rather odd puzzle.

As long as both the players/families are safe, in the end that is all that counts.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:58 am
From BBC Website:

"Two men have been charged with a public order offence connected to an Arsenal player, police have said.

Ferhat Ercan, of Highgate, and Salaman Ekinci, of Tottenham, were arrested on Thursday outside the north London home of Gunners star Mesut Ozil."

I wonder if it's the same 2 scumbags who tried it on with knives during the Car Jacking?

As long as both the players/families are safe, in the end that is all that counts.
Unlikely the Turkish dont go in for that sort of thing, that was youngsters on mopeds

But something else happening here, Ozil is popular in the Turkish community, and of course Kolasinac is Bosnian
But its long been a powder keg in that area, lets hope it all calms down

Think Ozil will leave now for America

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:37 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
From BBC Website:

Unlikely the Turkish dont go in for that sort of thing, that was youngsters on mopeds

But something else happening here, Ozil is popular in the Turkish community, and of course Kolasinac is Bosnian

Hear what you're saying about the Turkish community and agree that is usually the case.

Other media reports saying that an Eastern European outfit had warned the scumbags against going back for our 2 but they refused to back off and issued more threats which may have led to the Thursday night incident.

We simply do not know whether these 2 are linked to the car jacking as that pair had helmets on so who knows their ethnicity / ages. Ozil is popular with the Turkish community but there is still a political angle there and scumbag supporters of the other side may well have decided to target him. They failed with the car jacking attempt and perhaps continued with harassment leading upto Thursday night. They not only failed with the car jacking as I pointed out previously but were publicly humiliated (in their world).

Otherwise, as you intimate, we are looking at 2 separate incidents....which imo seems pretty unlikely given the timing of the second incident but not impossible. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what feeds out.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

On the positive side maybe this might persuade Ozil to up sticks and move on... Raul really is working some magic this summer.

Was that below the belt?. :twisted:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:17 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:37 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
From BBC Website:

Hear what you're saying about the Turkish community and agree that is usually the case.

Other media reports saying that an Eastern European outfit had warned the scumbags against going back for our 2 but they refused to back off and issued more threats which may have led to the Thursday night incident.

We simply do not know whether these 2 are linked to the car jacking as that pair had helmets on so who knows their ethnicity / ages. Ozil is popular with the Turkish community but there is still a political angle there and scumbag supporters of the other side may well have decided to target him. They failed with the car jacking attempt and perhaps continued with harassment leading upto Thursday night. They not only failed with the car jacking as I pointed out previously but were publicly humiliated (in their world).

Otherwise, as you intimate, we are looking at 2 separate incidents....which imo seems pretty unlikely given the timing of the second incident but not impossible. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what feeds out.
No i think they are related for sure, but something else/weird happening, court case is Sept 6th so will know the detail then
Ozil has round the clock security now, so should be OK, really hope so

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I think I alluded to it a couple of months ago that having Erdogen as a "best man" at his wedding wasn't the brightest idea in the world. The fact both men arrested are Turkish is not a good. I hope ozil's and kolasinac's family's are safe. I wouldn't be surprised if both players are at other clubs by the end of august.