OZIL - Merged Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jock Gooner

Re: Looks like we wont be offloading Ozil to China

Post by Jock Gooner »

NickF wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:03 pm
augie wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:01 pm
professional footballers should not be allowed interfere in area's away from football.
I really hope you are joking, but sadly I don't think you are...

They have as much right as anyone to speak up on things they feel strongly about.
Yes, but then we also have to put up with complete twats like jug ears spouting his oh so superior liberal elite shite.

It's a slippery slope you could say.

augie

Re: OZIL - Merged Thread

Post by augie »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:37 pm
augie wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:50 am
A comment (and part of a bigger statement) from china's state broadcaster yesterday -

"Ozil's move has ruined his image among Chinese fans and will have serious implications for Arsenal."

Enough reason to sack the c.unt ? :rubchin:
Him being a semi-retired footballer on mammoth wages is why we should get rid of him. Could care less if he's pissed off the insecure Chinese.

I'm talking about using it as a justifiable excuse to sack him, not some moral crusade

augie

Post by augie »

NickF wrote:
augie wrote:
professional footballers should not be allowed interfere in area's away from football.

They have as much right as anyone to speak up on things they feel strongly about.

Regardless of any financial or potential legal ramifications on their employer ?? People always talk about free speech as if it is an absolute right, but the reality is that there are restrictions on free speech, and rightfully so too.
Anyway, I am getting dragged into an area that I did not want to go into - my main gripe with his comments are the total hypocrisy of the man considering he is in bed with the Turkish pm, and I am hoping that by opening his mouth, he has given the club the opportunity of him being sacked as a consequence. The fact that he shows more interest in china's treatment of muslims, than he does in helping stop the decline of our club, tells you everything you need to know.

Blim

Post by Blim »

augie wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:15 pm
NickF wrote:
augie wrote:

Regardless of any financial or potential legal ramifications on their employer ?? People always talk about free speech as if it is an absolute right, but the reality is that there are restrictions on free speech, and rightfully so too.
Anyway, I am getting dragged into an area that I did not want to go into - my main gripe with his comments are the total hypocrisy of the man considering he is in bed with the Turkish pm, and I am hoping that by opening his mouth, he has given the club the opportunity of him being sacked as a consequence. The fact that he shows more interest in china's treatment of muslims, than he does in helping stop the decline of our club, tells you everything you need to know.
The guy is a first class tosser and the sooner Dory goes the better.

NickF

Post by NickF »

augie wrote:
and I am hoping that by opening his mouth, he has given the club the opportunity of him being sacked as a consequence
I'd like Ozil out of the club, but I feel if you're going to sack someone for supporting oppressed people around the world it is a opening a big legal minefield that we are unlikely to win as he hasn't said anything offensive.

If you start sacking people for things they say on social media then most of the posters on this forum would be permanently of work. :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Regardless of the china stuff, I just want the cuntt gone from AFC, he sauntered off yesterday, and like the pussyhole snowflake he is threw a strop, MISSED his gloves when he tried to kick them. Had that been xhaka he would have been Booed and called all the cun.ts under the sun....

Thing is now he's up-set china there's no way we can off-load his lazy ass to one of their clubs.

£350k a WEEK!

Football Is Dead. :(

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Could probably fairly sack him for gross misconduct. Although he would then just sue and we would hand over millions in settlement.

The obvious answer is to let him leave for free to whatever club is stupid enough to pay his wages. In January.

Fucking wanker was goading the crowd coming off yesterday.

NickF

Post by NickF »

northbank123 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:17 pm
Could probably fairly sack him for gross misconduct.
Ok I'll bite, for what?

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

NickF wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:37 pm
northbank123 wrote:
Ok I'll bite, for what?

Possibly for bringing the club into disrepute?

As an aside, I'd make the fuckers wear blazer and tie with polished shoes again when entering the stadium. No fucking headphones and Gucci shower bags.
Shouldn't be allowed to have a social media for the mentally challenged, or anyone with an IQ lower than average. At the very least not promote or debate political/religious issues whilst still representing the club.
When substituted, run off the pitch, wave to the crowd, shake the hand of who replaces you and then sit down. Petulance should be dealt with severely.
I have now officially become just like my Dad. Bless his soul. :?

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Ozil does it because he knows there is no leadership at any level and he can get away with it. Not punishing him sets yet another precedent for every other player. Let him rot in the reserves for the rest of the season.....PLEASE!!! :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TeeCee wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:46 am
Ozil does it because he knows there is no leadership at any level and he can get away with it. Not punishing him sets yet another precedent for every other player. Let him rot in the reserves for the rest of the season.....PLEASE!!! :roll:
Whilst putting one of the only two maybe three players we have that can actually pass a ball in the reserves on 350k a week is stupidity at a new level :wink: I agree 100% with the rest of your post.

There is no leadership at the club at any level. There is no one to set the tone. But blaming that on one player entirely misses the issue - the entire team is rotten.

I don't buy Herd's bullshit theory that this is all Ozil's doing. The rot was in our playing staff before Ozil joined. It just got worse as Wenger got older and more incompetent and certainly Ozil took advantage of that and continues to do so.

For me nearly the entire playing staff need to be cleared out with one or two exceptions.

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

NickF wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:18 pm
augie wrote:
and I am hoping that by opening his mouth, he has given the club the opportunity of him being sacked as a consequence
I'd like Ozil out of the club, but I feel if you're going to sack someone for supporting oppressed people around the world it is a opening a big legal minefield that we are unlikely to win as he hasn't said anything offensive.

If you start sacking people for things they say on social media then most of the posters on this forum would be permanently of work. :D
Supporting the oppressed people?.His best man is a Fascist Dictator who has killed and imprisoned his political opponents and bombed the Kurds.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Ernie71 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:05 am
NickF wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:18 pm
augie wrote:

Supporting the oppressed people?.His best man is a Fascist Dictator who has killed and imprisoned his political opponents and bombed the Kurds.
So he's a hypocrite, it doesn't make his what he said any less valid. We would all like him off the wage bill but when I see someone say sack him for "bring the club into disrepute", that really is clutching at straws.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

NickF wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:37 pm
northbank123 wrote:
Ok I'll bite, for what?
Because the club will have a prescriptive social media policy that will day don’t even think about posting anything so stupidly controversial which could cause problems like this - quite possible something specific to political messages.

And a disciplinary policy that says that a material breach of the social media policy is an example of gross misconduct.

Posting stupid stuff on social media tends to go down like a lead balloon when there are policies saying don’t do it and you’re sat before a 60-year old upper-middle class Employment Judge who doesn’t understand social media and can’t really grasp the concept of a post being distributed to over 20 million people and then disseminated further on social media and in the news.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Not a chance he could be sacked over this.

Firstly any employment tribunal judge in any democracy would buy the defence argument of free speech and civil rights - rightly or wrongly.

Secondly no one at Arsenal has enough of a pair of balls to even look at going down that road.

At most he'll be politely reminded of his obligations. And THAT'S only if such a clause is in his contract - but tbh I'd be surprised if it is, given how fucking incompetent our contracts team are! :lol: