OZIL - Merged Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
flash gunner

Re: OZIL No shows, Injury, illness ??

Post by flash gunner »

Sell him and invest the money in a defender or two or three or four

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Get rid, it's no coincidence that since he's been playing we've been declining.

Good player on his day but his days are getting fewer and farther apart every season.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I hope to fuck that he has a fantastic world cup and someone comes and buys him for silly money !
Theres no point in having a quality player when the rest of the team simply are not at the same page !

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Arsène Wenger on Bien Sports “Özil suffered all season last year with a chronic back problem and refused to not play in some games, sometimes I had to force him to stay home because of the pain which made him unhappy but his commitment showed me his love for the club.”

Midz

Post by Midz »

flash gunner wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 7:45 am
Sell him and invest the money in a defender or two or three or four
Thumbs up emoji. :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I hope we can sell the lazy cun.t because with the krauts out of the Wcup he'll need at least 3 months sicko for Depression and Anxiety.

Riotof91

Post by Riotof91 »

Ozil is a weak fair weather player and a cancer, much greater players than Ozil have been liabilities. Get rid. We don't truly move on from the Wenger Era Arsenal until we get rid of this player that epitomizes Hipster Arsenal.

Midz

Post by Midz »

I still don't understand why we agreed to pay him £350 000 a week. What for?

I can understand that if he agreed to give us something in return e.g. so many assists and so many goals, but apart from 5 or 6 sublime passes during his entire tenure at Arsenal he's given us fuck all.

sell the *word censored* and use the money more wisely!

RobG

Post by RobG »

Was really hoping he was going to have a belter of a tournament and Barca might come in for him. No chance of that now. :roll: We are stuck with him. Whoever sanctioned that contract needs their head examined. :|

Post by 1989 »

No one is gonna take him off us.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Maybe, he'll be out to prove people wrong and have a great season. He's had a lot of bad publicity this year. I'd still keep him.

markyp

Post by markyp »

apparently he created 7 chances yesterday more than anyone so far in this WC.even when hes dire hes still doing his bit,people just don't see want to see it sometimes

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

To be fair, I really don't understand all this hate. Yes, his last season was bad but he still creates goal scoring chances more than anyone else. I don't understand why people ridicules that? Isn't that his job after all in the team, to create goal scoring chances?

I'm not his fanboy or anything but I'd like to see him under different manager what he can do. We'll see that next season I guess.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

markyp wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:58 am
apparently he created 7 chances yesterday more than anyone so far in this WC.even when hes dire hes still doing his bit,people just don't see want to see it sometimes
Probably because a lot of people are sheep. They hear a pundit say player x is shit so that's it he's shit. On here we have some really stupid people that don't understand the game past the level of "he's a midfielder so he should be box to box or constantly dictating the pace of the game" because that's the only 2 types of midfielder in their limited knowledge of the game. The same type of limited intellect that come out with shit like "all strikers should be 6'4" tall", even though the best strikers in the game were and are nearly all around 5'8" to 5'10".

Ozil like the entire Germam team did not play too well but he still created 7 chances. And 3 of them were absolute sitters put on a silver platter for Hummels and Gomez to win the game at nil all but they fluffed them. So Ozil is shit. He doesn't run around like a Spastic chicken so he's shit. Forget the fact he creates chances. Nope. He ain't sprinting about all over the gaff so he's shit.

It's embarrassing reading some of the comments on here at times tbh. No wonder fans of other clubs think Gooners are mostly JCL Tarquins and bandwagon jumpers like in that old Fast Show sketch by that tottnumb cùnt Paul Whitehouse. :oops:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but fucking hell a prerequisite has to be to at least make that opinion informed and semi intelligent.