OZIL - Merged Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
AkneyGooner

Re: OZIL No shows, Injury, illness ??

Post by AkneyGooner »

Iwobi tracks back in the exact same way elneny does.. by chasing the guy with the ball but never being fast enough to have any impact on what happens.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:00 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:16 pm
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:17 am
emery has been told we are getting rid in the summer and its there to see his attitude and performances aren't worth him making the team, at least in emery's mind. he seems to prefer iwobi because of his work rate and defensive cover and away at citeh i would understand that decision, however he should start the next 3 or four games, that much is for sure - cuz iwobi doesn't justify being picked on talent :shock:
Two absolute myths mate.

His work rate? The odd little nothing sprint into a dead end or the odd drop of the shoulder just before he loses posession? Absolute myth.

And his defensive cover is jogging back about 10 yards behind the oppo attacks. Another absolute myth. Totally ineffective and now a proper goal gifting liability. :roll:

Without even thinking about "talent" there is no rational thinking anywhere on this planet that dictates picking Comedy Fucking Iwobi over Ozil. Or over anyone else for that matter. :roll:

The bobbleheaded cùnt is like a shitter version of Robbie fucking SAVAGE ffs. :censored:
but db10- and here's the hing- it's still more than ozil offers. when the game is stretched and we've lost possession and dealing with an opposition counter which player is most likely to run back and make a last ditch tackle?

being honest i don't see our performances as a team differ either way, but while iwobi is young and eager to learn he will be favoured against ozil who seems happy to spend most of his playing career on the sidelines living off his reputation
That's the theory - and its a solid theory - but it doesn't happen. Comedy doesn't run back and make a last ditch tackle. He wobbles back 10 to 20 yards behind the attack too late to do anythjng. That's why I say his defensive work is a myth. It is. He's a spoofer, a bluffer. We've all played with players like him and watched players like him. They make a great show of "tracking" back but they don't actually get back and dictate what happens. They arrive after the goal has been conceded or after someone else has cleared the danger and then they bend over and grab their knees and breathe hard for a couple of seconds to show they participated in that bit of defending.... they are bullshitters.

I honestly would play any player ahead of this imbecile.

I'll never agree he offers more than Ozil because not only is his defending a myth he cannot pass a ball or create chances the way Ozil or even Ramsey can do. So while they don't have the defensive side to their game neither does Comedy but at least they can create - something Comedy simply cannot do.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:56 am
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
emery has been told we are getting rid in the summer and its there to see his attitude and performances aren't worth him making the team, at least in emery's mind. he seems to prefer iwobi because of his work rate and defensive cover and away at citeh i would understand that decision, however he should start the next 3 or four games, that much is for sure - cuz iwobi doesn't justify being picked on talent :shock:
Two absolute myths mate.

His work rate? The odd little nothing sprint into a dead end or the odd drop of the shoulder just before he loses posession? Absolute myth.

And his defensive cover is jogging back about 10 yards behind the oppo attacks. Another absolute myth. Totally ineffective and now a proper goal gifting liability. :roll:

Without even thinking about "talent" there is no rational thinking anywhere on this planet that dictates picking Comedy Fucking Iwobi over Ozil. Or over anyone else for that matter. :roll:

The bobbleheaded cùnt is like a shitter version of Robbie fucking SAVAGE ffs. :censored:
but db10- and here's the hing- it's still more than ozil offers. when the game is stretched and we've lost possession and dealing with an opposition counter which player is most likely to run back and make a last ditch tackle?

being honest i don't see our performances as a team differ either way, but while iwobi is young and eager to learn he will be favoured against ozil who seems happy to spend most of his playing career on the sidelines living off his reputation
That's the theory - and its a solid theory - but it doesn't happen. Comedy doesn't run back and make a last ditch tackle. He wobbles back 10 to 20 yards behind the attack too late to do anythjng. That's why I say his defensive work is a myth. It is. He's a spoofer, a bluffer. We've all played with players like him and watched players like him. They make a great show of "tracking" back but they don't actually get back and dictate what happens. They arrive after the goal has been conceded or after someone else has cleared the danger and then they bend over and grab their knees and breathe hard for a couple of seconds to show they participated in that bit of defending.... they are bullshitters.

I'll never agree he offers more than Ozil because not only is his defending a myth he cannot pass a ball or create chances the way Ozil or even Ramsey can do. So while they don't have the defensive side to their game neither does Comedy but at least they can create - something Comedy simply cannot do.
I used to slate Pires for doing this, jog alongside, be close, but no attempt to win a tackle.....he only made 1 in his whole career with us ( but what a tackle it was ) other teams have the whole outfield ready and able to tackle, as well as cover mileage.
There is a big difference in snapping away at someone or lamely jogging beside / behind them having no impact at all.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:56 am
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Two absolute myths mate.

Last week was the perfect example with citeeh's 3rd goal - yeah he was there so he can say that he might the effort to track back, but the reality is that he made zero effort with the tackle, and then he didn't bother his fat arse to then get back and pressure the cross :evil: He is a useless c.unt that I now hate every bit as much as I hated alex song, and believe me I hated that c.unt :censored: :censored:

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

I reckon we could sell Iwobi for £20m this summer if we wanted to somewhere like Bournemouth.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:03 pm
I reckon we could sell Iwobi for £20m this summer if we wanted to somewhere like Bournemouth.
Honestly you are probably right in that. At the moment the idiotic media are propagating the myths of his pace and defensive work but that won't last. We should try to offload him while we still can.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:03 pm
Not if they watched the 2nd half that I watched today - holy moly it was almost as if George Weah’s cousin was back playing again (the one Southampton signed)

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Arsenal have played 313 matches since Mesut Özil joined the club...

Tonight, he misses one for 100th time.

MOTHER OF FUCK :censored:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I see in social media/AFTV land that the German Joe Cole's value just went up another €5m courtesy of a match he didn't play in......strange how it never goes up by that much when he does play

In a game that was played at Charles Charlie Charles pace and could easily have been broadcast on Pathe news, I suppose what we really needed was the only player in the squad who could have made it even slower. Jesus if he'd played in that second half I would have sworn it was a re-run from the days that Royal Engineers were favourites to win the FA Cup and well worth a farthing of anyone's money

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:27 pm
Arsenal have played 313 matches since Mesut Özil joined the club...

Tonight, he misses one for 100th time.

MOTHER OF FUCK :censored:
Astounding given that he has not had particularly bad lucky with injuries - the odd 2-3 weeks a few times.

At least 30+ of those must have been through unspecified “illness”.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Potential PSG loan deal......did I miss that in the media?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ot-wanted/

At least they could have afforded his wages :lol:

This is getting silly now, £350k a week, a bit of light training with your mates and then weekends off with a sniffle. If Dick is going to persevere with the Iwobi virus then it's time Ozil was off to train with the kids. Maybe that will encourage him to find a new club.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:00 am

This is getting silly now, £350k a week, a bit of light training with your mates and then weekends off with a sniffle. If Dick is going to persevere with the Iwobi virus then it's time Ozil was off to train with the kids. Maybe that will encourage him to find a new club.
When you start supporting a football club, you don't support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.' 🙏🏼 || #DennisBergkamp
Doubt it. If this tweet is anything to go by I reckon he's happy to do a Winston Bogarde and see out the rest of his contract here while quoting Dennis Bergkamp on Twitter.

:censored:

Nos89

re: OZIL No shows, Injury, illness ??

Post by Nos89 »

Emery has to play ozil when fit. How else are we gonna sell him if he's not playing? We won't even recoup half the amount we paid for him at this rate.
The pundits who criticised ozil 6 months ago are now demanding he plays,( Keown, ,merson).
It seems to me emery would love to play him but simply cannot rely on him to turn up. Remember it was ozil who declared himself unfit to travel the day before a game even when named in the squad. Its easy to blame the manager in this situation but how can he build the team around a player who declares himself fit whenever he feels like it?

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:07 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:

When you start supporting a football club, you don't support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.' 🙏🏼 || #DennisBergkamp
Doubt it. If this tweet is anything to go by I reckon he's happy to do a Winston Bogarde and see out the rest of his contract here while quoting Dennis Bergkamp on Twitter.

Yeah I saw the quote. The whole thing is a mind fuck. As much as I want him to go so we can clear his salary off the books at the same time I want him to play because any fucking option is better than Iwobi. Even Ozil not on his game still makes more chances than Iwobi at his best.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:01 am
SydneyGooner wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:07 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:

Yeah I saw the quote. The whole thing is a mind fuck. As much as I want him to go so we can clear his salary off the books at the same time I want him to play because any fucking option is better than Iwobi. Even Ozil not on his game still makes more chances than Iwobi at his best.
And that is the point our dumber posters miss entirely.

Tbh I'm fairly bored with the whole thing now and am loathe to get dragged back into this debate but some of the stuff posted on this thread is beyond stupid. :oops: :lol:

It's a bizarre situation. If Dick doesn't want Ozil in the team why pick him drop him make him captain drop him pick him drop him.....? It makes Dick look like a dick tbh. :|

This myth of "Ozil can't play in our pressing high tempo breaking game" is the dumbest myth in football. We do not play a pressing high tempo breaking game. We are still basically playing tippy tappy Wengerball ffs. :roll:

And with Comedy Iwobi plodding around we are slower than ever to break and turn defence into attack. At least with Ozil (and to a lesser extent Ramsey) we can recycle the ball from our box to the oppo box in a couple of passes rather than just ponce around sideways with 20 nothing passes before going back to the keeper or watching Comedy Iwobi do a hippo stepover before losing the ball or piss it into touch 10 yards either side of his intended target. :roll:

The last few games have shown this clearly.

We are not world beaters with Ozil in the team, but we are certainly a better team that creates more chances with him in it, especially if he's in it rather than Comedy Fucking Iwobi.