OZIL - Merged Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: OZIL No shows, Injury, illness ??

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:31 pm
From twatter-
Since signing his new contract Mesut Ozil has earned £921,000 per Premier League game he has played
Almost a million quid a fucking game :shock:
Tbh I am less and less interested in football largely because of these disgusting wages payed to players.

Ozil is just another in a long line of mercenary individuals who when garner their ultimate contract just couldn't give a flying fuckk.

I just wish I could just ignore the football altogether but it's hard when you've supported a team since you were 5.

I do however give less of a fuck when we lose although I was proper pissed off driving home from working in Brentford today listening on the radio, West spam are shit, yet so are the saints but we've been turned over by these no marks.

I'm not sure about UE, I mean everyone says he's inherited a load of shit BUT he added that all important ball winner in midfield, a better centre half (so some football experts on here say), a very promising young doozi, an experienced right back that posters thought would improve our steeliness and yet we are worse.

As I said 2 months ago we are 6th in this league at best and that's where we will end up.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I still believe Ozil is fine but is being disciplined by the club for the undertaking of a police car at over 120mph recently. The case hasn't gone to court yet but it wouldn't surprise me that they have told him he's 'bringing the club name into disrepute' or something similar.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:01 am
I still believe Ozil is fine but is being disciplined by the club for the undertaking of a police car at over 120mph recently. The case hasn't gone to court yet but it wouldn't surprise me that they have told him he's 'bringing the club name into disrepute' or something similar.
:shock:

When did this happen? Haven't heard a thing about it.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I posted a link on the previous page mate. Media haven’t named the player yet but someone told me it was Ozils motor involved. Not guaranteed true but the guy who said it was his motor isn’t into football at all and passes Ozils house every day. Could be a reason for him not playing.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

It's absolutely clear, and has been for some time, that Dick doesn't fancy Ozil one little bit and personally I've got massive respect for him (a) having the balls to drop him and (b) stating that it is for tactical reasons rather than the previous lying c.unt

Is Ozil more talented that Iwobi? Absolutely 100% yes - only a fool would suggest otherwise. In fact I'd say he is the most naturally gifted midfielder we have. I'd go back in time and say players like Charlie Nicholas and Graham Rix were naturally gifted players too - didn't mean GG wanted to stick with them. GG got a tune out of the likes of Martin Hayes, Brian Marwood, Alan Smith and Perry Groves - players with way less talent than some of their illustrious counterparts

Ozil has had ample chances and blown nearly all of them. Time to move on and trust Dick

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

It's absolutely clear, and has been for some time, that Dick doesn't fancy Ozil one little bit and personally I've got massive respect for him (a) having the balls to drop him and (b) stating that it is for tactical reasons rather than the previous lying c.unt

Is Ozil more talented that Iwobi? Absolutely 100% yes - only a fool would suggest otherwise. In fact I'd say he is the most naturally gifted midfielder we have. I'd go back in time and say players like Charlie Nicholas and Graham Rix were naturally gifted players too - didn't mean GG wanted to stick with them. GG got a tune out of the likes of Martin Hayes, Brian Marwood, Alan Smith and Perry Groves - players with way less talent than some of their illustrious counterparts

Ozil has had ample chances and blown nearly all of them. Time to move on and trust Dick

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:36 pm

GG got a tune out of them AND they all possessed first class attitudes too and worked for the cause.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:14 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:36 pm

GG got a tune out of them AND they all possessed first class attitudes too and worked for the cause.
Exactly - and who can honestly say that Ozil's attitude has been consistently great for 5 years?

When he leaves will people remember him as fondly as some of the names that have been mentioned in that list?

You can't have 11 workhorses and no craft - otherwise you end up like Burnley. But if you have craft then you certainly need workload in the modern day PL - the days when Frank Worthington, Stan Bowles etc could rock up, stroll around and light up a game for a couple of minutes have disappeared long ago, as fun as they were. More recently Le Tissier was a lard arse who couldn't be bothered for 80 minutes but was an utter genius for 10. Look at the top top sides in modern day football and see if they have any of them? They don't. Messi, Ronaldo, Bale - they're at it the whole time. Ozil, I'm afraid is not. In the 1990s PL he'd be a great. In 2018/19 he ain't

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

It might be a case that Ozil is paying the price for what Neymar put Emery through last season at PSG. I was well reported that Emery was instructed that he couldn't do anything to manage Neymar regardless of his behaviour in training. Maybe, Emery is treating Ozil the way he would have treated Neymar.
Whilst the comparisons with Graham is obvious in the task ahead, Graham had not managed big name talented players before he got to Arsenal, Emery has. Emery knows what it takes to build a winning team, my guess is that he'd love Ozil to inspire the team but maybe he's not seeing it in training or in the player to do so. Just hark back to wenger last season, he benched/ dropped Ozil from games that were perceived as physically tough games, so it ain't the manager, it is the player. Ozil hasn't been the same player since Sanchez left, maybe he needs a player like Sanchez on his case throughout the game to get his performance level back up to where it needs to be. Can't see any of the current squad doing that because they are in awe of him as he is so much more talented as a player than the rest of the squad, Sanchez was at least his equal.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:45 pm
It might be a case that Ozil is paying the price for what Neymar put Emery through last season at PSG. I was well reported that Emery was instructed that he couldn't do anything to manage Neymar regardless of his behaviour in training. Maybe, Emery is treating Ozil the way he would have treated Neymar.
Whilst the comparisons with Graham is obvious in the task ahead, Graham had not managed big name talented players before he got to Arsenal, Emery has. Emery knows what it takes to build a winning team, my guess is that he'd love Ozil to inspire the team but maybe he's not seeing it in training or in the player to do so. Just hark back to wenger last season, he benched/ dropped Ozil from games that were perceived as physically tough games, so it ain't the manager, it is the player. Ozil hasn't been the same player since Sanchez left, maybe he needs a player like Sanchez on his case throughout the game to get his performance level back up to where it needs to be. Can't see any of the current squad doing that because they are in awe of him as he is so much more talented as a player than the rest of the squad, Sanchez was at least his equal.
I wouldn't say he misses Sanchez getting on his case because Sanchez never did. He got on every other players case but not Ozil's. What I'd say Ozil misses about Sanchez is having another player with that level of intelligence and vision to play with. How many times did we see Ozil and Sanchez simply ignore Ramsey and others and just pass to each other? And not always to the betterment of the team it has to be said.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Last edited by begeegs on Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:16 pm
Exactly - and who can honestly say that Ozil's attitude has been consistently great for 5 years?

When he leaves will people remember him as fondly as some of the names that have been mentioned in that list?

You can't have 11 workhorses and no craft - otherwise you end up like Burnley. But if you have craft then you certainly need workload in the modern day PL - the days when Frank Worthington, Stan Bowles etc could rock up, stroll around and light up a game for a couple of minutes have disappeared long ago, as fun as they were. More recently Le Tissier was a lard arse who couldn't be bothered for 80 minutes but was an utter genius for 10. Look at the top top sides in modern day football and see if they have any of them? They don't. Messi, Ronaldo, Bale - they're at it the whole time. Ozil, I'm afraid is not. In the 1990s PL he'd be a great. In 2018/19 he ain't
Agree with this 100%.

He doesn't possess the workrate nor attitude when things aren't going his way to pick the team up. I wish he did because the guy is quality, he just doesn't seem to have a determined nasty streak like a Bergkamp.

If we had a replacement lined up, then I would loan the guy out and hope that he raises his profile elsewhere (or sell if there were any takers), but does anyone actually think that there is somewhere out there in January that we can bring in to replace?

Midz

Post by Midz »

Get rid of Ozil he's a waste of money.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Dick made efforts to win Ozil over by making him captain and bigging him up in the meja but as usual the lazy *word censored* didn't respond and has been having temper tantrums and sick note days ever since .
He is and always has been a luxury player but we have never had sufficient talent or man management skills around him to get the best out of his considerable talent . Its worth letting him go on a free to some Charley Smirk or Kitchen team just to unload the 18 million a year wage noose !

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Ornstein is reporting (so you can be certain he's been briefed) that Emery has told Ozil that's it best for him to leave and apparently he has the backing of the top brass in the club.