OZIL - Merged Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SydneyGooner

Re: OZIL No shows, Injury, illness ??

Post by SydneyGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:50 am
Ornstein is reporting (so you can be certain he's been briefed) that Emery has told Ozil that's it best for him to leave and apparently he has the backing of the top brass in the club.
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Best news I've heard all week.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:19 am
rodders999 wrote:
Ornstein is reporting (so you can be certain he's been briefed) that Emery has told Ozil that's it best for him to leave and apparently he has the backing of the top brass in the club.

Dumbest post I've read all week.

And there's been a few.

:lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Rodders have you read everything the Ornstein gobshite said? :lol: It's pure speculation on his behalf. The club do not brief reporters on shit like this. It serves no purpose but to drive the player's price even lower.

augie

Post by augie »

SydneyGooner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

He can have the backing of the pope, the united nations and the columbian drug cartels for all the difference it makes - that same board sanctioned the 350k per week deal that wenger gave to ozil, and I think that he is here to stay now

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:43 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Rodders have you read everything the Ornstein gobshite said? :lol: It's pure speculation on his behalf. The club do not brief reporters on shit like this. It serves no purpose but to drive the player's price even lower.

Have to disagree with you on both fronts there I'm afraid. Ornstein is the journo with the most access to information within the club (wherever it's coming from). I'd take what every other hack has to say with a pinch of salt but when it's coming from him I'd sit up and take notice as I've seen him break countless stories that he was obviously briefed on that have turned out to be true.

We will just have to wait and see I suppose.....

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:40 pm
SydneyGooner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Dumbest post I've read all week.

And there's been a few.

:lol:
:blah:

Good to know I've got your seal of approval.

GTG

Post by GTG »

augie wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:01 pm
SydneyGooner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

He can have the backing of the pope, the united nations and the columbian drug cartels for all the difference it makes - that same board sanctioned the 350k per week deal that wenger gave to ozil, and I think that he is here to stay now
Agree completely. As I stated on another thread even if we shift him we'll still be heavily subsidising his wages. He isn't going to agree a pay cut to go anywhere so that would be the only way if we can actually find someone who will put a bid in for him.

All this other stuff Ornstein said about him supposedly working extra hard etc to try and force his way back in.... even if true how long will that last?

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:57 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:31 pm
From twatter-
Since signing his new contract Mesut Ozil has earned £921,000 per Premier League game he has played
Almost a million quid a fucking game :shock:
Tbh I am less and less interested in football largely because of these disgusting wages payed to players.

Ozil is just another in a long line of mercenary individuals who when garner their ultimate contract just couldn't give a flying fuckk.

I just wish I could just ignore the football altogether but it's hard when you've supported a team since you were 5.

I do however give less of a fuck when we lose although I was proper pissed off driving home from working in Brentford today listening on the radio, West spam are shit, yet so are the saints but we've been turned over by these no marks.

I'm not sure about UE, I mean everyone says he's inherited a load of shit BUT he added that all important ball winner in midfield, a better centre half (so some football experts on here say), a very promising young doozi, an experienced right back that posters thought would improve our steeliness and yet we are worse.

As I said 2 months ago we are 6th in this league at best and that's where we will end up.
Great post. Basically if we all gave up our S/T this would hit the club absolutely in the hardest way. Now I'm up in the wilds of the N.W. seeing the Gooners only 5-6 games a year. It is clear to me how much the club has gone backwards and is purely used as a financial system for Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE).

Watching R.L. and Carlisle Utd. does have it's plus points mind. Cheap good fun and we all get to stand! :o

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:14 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Have to disagree with you on both fronts there I'm afraid. Ornstein is the journo with the most access to information within the club (wherever it's coming from). I'd take what every other hack has to say with a pinch of salt but when it's coming from him I'd sit up and take notice as I've seen him break countless stories that he was obviously briefed on that have turned out to be true.

Well I've heard AFC will take a offer for Ozil this window. Problem stems from how much of his salary we are willing to cough up for still each week.

I do for one think Ozil should stay at least until the summer. Like him or loathe him he is one of only a few players we have that can unpick a messed defence. U.E. naturally sees it another way.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:14 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

And I've seen a lot of his supposed "exclusives" come to nothing. These reporters just throw 10 pieces of shit at a wall and if 2 pieces stick they get a rep as being in the know. :roll:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I think Petit hit the nail on the head about Ozil, that he's lost his desire. Frequently injured, huge wad of cash every week and ultimately, doesn't see Arsenal as a viable club challenging for title. I know I've become disillusioned and complacent in my working career, but, I've always felt it should be different for a top level player. If I loved my job, half as much as I loved playing/ watching football then I'd be a ceo. That's what I don't get about footballers, they should absolutely love the game and not treat it as an everyday job. The moment that happens they should just quit the job.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Wonder how he felt sitting there watching Iwobi and Elneny coming off the bench.

Wonder if he even gave a shit.

I’ve never bought into this overly-simplistic notion of Ozil as somebody who just doesn’t try or work hard, but this season the bloke just doesn’t seem in the right frame of mind. His behaviour after the World Cup with the Instagram diatribes was odd to say the least and doesn’t portray a player in the right mindset.

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

augie wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:01 pm
SydneyGooner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

:lol: underated post :lol:

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:49 pm
Wonder how he felt sitting there watching Iwobi and Elneny coming off the bench.

Wonder if he even gave a shit.

I’ve never bought into this overly-simplistic notion of Ozil as somebody who just doesn’t try or work hard, but this season the bloke just doesn’t seem in the right frame of mind. His behaviour after the World Cup with the Instagram diatribes was odd to say the least and doesn’t portray a player in the right mindset.
Yep and im not making excuses for him but his whole country turned against him for no real reason other than they needed a scape goat to fix thier collective egos, and he reacted to it as well fueling it further (not that i totally blame him) I don't know how much that has got to him, I am pretty sure if he showed up in a stadium in Germany they would boo him.
If a player of African heritage took pictures with some corrupt dictator from thier ancestral country nobody would say shit.

Taken to the extreme it should be bad form to have pictures with the Queen of England, how much killing has happend in her name?

But he has never had a great attitude

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »