OZIL - Merged Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
AkneyGooner

Re: OZIL No shows, Injury, illness ??

Post by AkneyGooner »

We needed him today , or at least a player like him with guile to cut through Bournemouth.

we got lucky . We scored with our only shot on target in the first half. A header.

So play him or replace him as we don't have a creator like him, and it showed today .

If xhaka can get a game why can't ozil , at least ozil has moments of genius .

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Turkish newspaper Takvim claims Fenerbahce director of football Damien Comolli has opened talks with Arsenal over signing Mesut Özil on loan in January. #Arsenal are willing to pay some of his wages in order to offload him. https://t.co/pWikPZCsCX

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Let's hope so, the guy has turned into a complete loser and his attitude stinks. I think it's criminal that someone who is so talented just doesn't give a fuck (and it clearly is this as we've seen it in dozens of games with Ozil over the past couple of seasons), along with his mystery illnesses where he obviously doesn't want to play. I like the fact that Dick is not taking shit and it's showing the young players in the squad that you can't just give 70% at best and still get chosen every week like you would under Wenger. There's no room for Ozil in this Arsenal team, none at all especially as we start with 10 men every week with Xhaka in the team, if we put Ozil in there as well we start with 9 FFS!! :roll:

Blim

Post by Blim »

Ozil was not a good team player when Wonga was here but his shit attitude was put up with by Wonga who fawned over him and let him do what he wanted. Good on Emery for finding him out and not putting up with his shit attitude. He just needs to be gone now and bring in somebody who actually wants to play for the team/club.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TeeCee wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:50 am
Let's hope so, the guy has turned into a complete loser and his attitude stinks. I think it's criminal that someone who is so talented just doesn't give a fuck (and it clearly is this as we've seen it in dozens of games with Ozil over the past couple of seasons), along with his mystery illnesses where he obviously doesn't want to play. I like the fact that Dick is not taking shit and it's showing the young players in the squad that you can't just give 70% at best and still get chosen every week like you would under Wenger. There's no room for Ozil in this Arsenal team, none at all especially as we start with 10 men every week with Xhaka in the team, if we put Ozil in there as well we start with 9 FFS!! :roll:
Sorry mate but that bit in red is complete bollocks. Dick is not showing anyone Jack shit. He plays our worst player Xhakatard every game no matter how shit he is. And this is a player who is lazy (far lazier than Ozil for example) as well as stupid rash and lacking in any footballing intelligence. No matter how lazy and useless this turd is, no matter how many times he gets caught flat footed and watches as his oppo number glides past him in midfield, Dick still picks this complete liability. :roll:

What message does that send to the young players?

And to add insult to injury Dick let the players have a little popularity contest and made this cùnt the worst captain in our history - and yes I include the chav prick Gallas in that. :shock:

augie

Post by augie »

Ozil is done with us - if his poor work-rate didn't seal his fate, then his attitude and body language definitely finished his career with us and rightfully so. His presence at the club is now a distraction imo - my lad showed me the other day that the knobs on aftv were asking fans after last Sunday's win if ozil should have been picked because of a lack of creativity in the team, as if some sort of general memory wipeout and erased the last few years from our minds :o In fairness to turkish (a regular on the show) he pointed out that last season ozil created just TWO GOALS, and yet he is now being hailed up as the missing creative link ???? As I said already, ozil is done with us and it would be better all around if he wasn't lurking in the background for some knobs to keep calling for his return

Blim

Post by Blim »

augie wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:09 am
Ozil is done with us - if his poor work-rate didn't seal his fate, then his attitude and body language definitely finished his career with us and rightfully so. His presence at the club is now a distraction imo - my lad showed me the other day that the knobs on aftv were asking fans after last Sunday's win if ozil should have been picked because of a lack of creativity in the team, as if some sort of general memory wipeout and erased the last few years from our minds :o In fairness to turkish (a regular on the show) he pointed out that last season ozil created just TWO GOALS, and yet he is now being hailed up as the missing creative link ???? As I said already, ozil is done with us and it would be better all around if he wasn't lurking in the background for some knobs to keep calling for his return
Amen to that brother. :barscarf:

Blim

Post by Blim »

augie wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:09 am
Amen to that brother. :barscarf:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

DB - I think Xhaka tries, it's just that he has no talent and no athletic ability whatsoever!! Ozil has bags of talent and can't be arsed to use it. Obviously it's criminal when either get picked to play for Arsenal but at £350k a week, Ozil needs to be shown the door ASAP, he is a bad role model for youngsters at the club.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TeeCee wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:55 pm
DB - I think Xhaka tries, it's just that he has no talent and no athletic ability whatsoever!! Ozil has bags of talent and can't be arsed to use it. Obviously it's criminal when either get picked to play for Arsenal but at £350k a week, Ozil needs to be shown the door ASAP, he is a bad role model for youngsters at the club.
Agree with that mate. For me both should be shown the door as a priority.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

We lack a proper CAM - Ozil is that. There is no CAM in the world that has a high/high work-rate in both offensive and defensive sections of the game and this is why a competent CDM/CM is needed, to nullify that. Not going down memory lane to save him but RM is a prime example of how he should be coached and played. To no surprise, he was performing at the peak of his level, in a place with far more pressure to win.

UE does not want to adapt Ozil's way of playing and that is the underpinning problem. UE's tactics are an underpinning problem and we all know that. Defensive formation when we need to win/against semi-shit teams and questionable playing style week in/out.

The truth is, he maybe past his prime or the end of his prime but with a strong defensive backline he can contribute to a team, we don't have that so we can't incorporate him in the team. Playing him out of his position doesn't help either. Yes, he should do his defensive duties but if we leak in goals like we did this season thus far, not even Ozil tracking back will avoid them. Different leagues but Dybala is a good example; tracks back at his own pace but with the Rabiot-Ramsey and Chiellini-De Ligt behind him he gets away with it.

Let's calm down about his wages, it isn't like if he wasn't earning 15m a season we would've bought a whole lot with those funds anyway. 15m would bring fuck all. Wasting funds? Yes - Do I agree with the complaints? Yes - Scapegoat for any of our problems? Yes, and that's why I want him out of the club, I want to see who we blame next for the failures after he goes.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Rian1 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:53 am
We lack a proper CAM - Ozil is that. There is no CAM in the world that has a high/high work-rate in both offensive and defensive sections of the game and this is why a competent CDM/CM is needed, to nullify that. Not going down memory lane to save him but RM is a prime example of how he should be coached and played. To no surprise, he was performing at the peak of his level, in a place with far more pressure to win.

UE does not want to adapt Ozil's way of playing and that is the underpinning problem. UE's tactics are an underpinning problem and we all know that. Defensive formation when we need to win/against semi-shit teams and questionable playing style week in/out.

The truth is, he maybe past his prime or the end of his prime but with a strong defensive backline he can contribute to a team, we don't have that so we can't incorporate him in the team. Playing him out of his position doesn't help either. Yes, he should do his defensive duties but if we leak in goals like we did this season thus far, not even Ozil tracking back will avoid them. Different leagues but Dybala is a good example; tracks back at his own pace but with the Rabiot-Ramsey and Chiellini-De Ligt behind him he gets away with it.

Let's calm down about his wages, it isn't like if he wasn't earning 15m a season we would've bought a whole lot with those funds anyway. 15m would bring fuck all. Wasting funds? Yes - Do I agree with the complaints? Yes - Scapegoat for any of our problems? Yes, and that's why I want him out of the club, I want to see who we blame next for the failures after he goes.

He's an overpaid waste of space who is quite happy to park his arse on the bench if he's not getting his own way. He's not being used as a scapegoat, he's just being accused of not giving two shits most of the time, an attitude which I have witnessed with my own eyes many times. All he has to do is roll his sleeves up now and again but unfortunately he fails to do so as he believes himself to be above all that. I'll tell you who I'll blame after he's gone - anyone who doesn't give 100% to the cause, it really is that simple. I haven't had a pop at any of the kids on here as I believe they all need more time to settle and are worth their chance but repeat offenders like Xhaka who makes the same mistakes over and over are there to be shot at.

Why should we calm down about his wages when we are paying him £18M a year - we don't have that kind of money to piss away anymore so it does matter. In fact it is his wages that really is the main Ozil problem - if he was on £100k pw I probably wouldn't give him or his wages a second thought but £350k is just ridiculous. Two seasons of wasted Ozil wages is the equivalent of a c.£40M player and I'm sure we could pick up a half decent CB or CDM for that which would be a bit more useful at the moment.

Blim

Post by Blim »

Might be going to Turkey :bowing21: :sunshine_happy:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

For me Ozil will be remembered like the rat Fabregas - a superbly talented visionary footballer who ultimately failed at Arsenal because of managers that did not build the team and the system around their vision and ability.

People that call him "lazy" don't understand football beyond what SlySports tell them. His apparent comfort in taking the money and not playing is another issue altogether though.

It's a shame Wenger nor Dick got out of him what Madrid did.

But that time is gone for Ozil. He is past his best. We are literally paying him 350k a week to train and watch football. I've long defended Ozil but even i am adamant that of all the shit Wenger and the Lizard did at our club that contract bump was one of the worst. Absolute madness.

Blim

Post by Blim »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:46 pm
For me Ozil will be remembered like the rat Fabregas - a superbly talented visionary footballer who ultimately failed at Arsenal because of managers that did not build the team and the system around their vision and ability.

People that call him "lazy" don't understand football beyond what SlySports tell them. His apparent comfort in taking the money and not playing is another issue altogether though.

It's a shame Wenger nor Dick got out of him what Madrid did.

But that time is gone for Ozil. He is past his best. We are literally paying him 350k a week to train and watch football. I've long defended Ozil but even i am adamant that of all the shit Wenger and the Lizard did at our club that contract bump was one of the worst. Absolute madness.
It must go down as one of the biggest bollocks dropped in football.