Probably the shortest match thread ever..Leicester v Arsenal..9/5/18.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerMuzz

Re: Probably the shortest match thread ever..Leicester v Arsenal..9/5/18.

Post by GoonerMuzz »

NickF wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 11:03 pm
From the BBC:
In the final minutes Arsenal fans chanted Wenger's name and were joined by the home supporters, many of whom stood to applaud the Frenchman.
We haven't got a single away point in 2018 yet these *word censored* still want to sing his name....
I can only hope these fans f**k off when Wenger leaves.
Not much chance of that, the fuckers will hang around so they can give the new manager shit if things don't start well next season because of the shit storm he's been left..... and even if he does well those self same fans will all be 'I always said it was time for him to go', or 'the new managers only winning because of what AW left him' or even 'I was never an AKB i was always a WOB'...... :blah: :blah: :blah:

:cussing:

Post by 1989 »

One positive to take away is Aubameyang. This guy is a proper marksman. Deadly in the box, superb movement. At least the new manager will have a striker of that calibre to work with.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

They should have scored 6. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

‘There’s something special in that team that will come out next season’

Yes Arsene, probably because they’ll be coached properly on how to defend as individuals and as a team, you know the basics...

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 4:15 am

Yes Arsene, probably because they’ll be coached properly on how to defend as individuals and as a team, you know the basics...
So later on into next season, if we are doing well, Wenger can comment from whatever club he is laying waste to, "I did tell you, I felt we were right on the brink of :blah: :blah: :blah: ......."

Pity Huddersfield are safe, otherwise they would give us the fight of our lives come Sunday.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

xisstential wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 4:31 am
Eboue-Why? wrote:

So later on into next season, if we are doing well, Wenger can comment from whatever club he is laying waste to, "I did tell you, I felt we were right on the brink of :blah: :blah: :blah: ......."

Pity Huddersfield are safe, otherwise they would give us the fight of our lives come Sunday.
Huddersfield still will because they have something Wenger's Arsenal do not............Pride

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Clash wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 8:46 pm
wilko49er wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 8:45 pm
Allegri ....... HAH.....we will be lucky to get any fucker at this rate. :barscarf: :|
At least if he is choosing between us and Chelsea then they're probably not gonna be in the CL either!
What a big decision for him........half a season to get it right at Chelsea with 100 million to spend or 20 years security at Arsenal with half that and the worse Arsenal squad in easily 20 years,and no expectations from Kroenke and the board,

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

xisstential wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 4:31 am
Eboue-Why? wrote:

They will be in celebratory mood and Wagner being a proper manager will have them well oganised at the back - unlike us - and they will pulverise our snowflake defence - at least 4 - 1 to them.

Time's a Tickin' Wenger FUCKTHE FUCKOFF NOW! :anyminute: .

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

I can honestly say the first half was the worst ive seen Arsenal play maybe ever!!! The defending was embarrassing, you would tell a team of under 9's off for that!!!!

Second half was marginally better but we ran out of legs and had no one on the bench to bring on

Overall shocking thank God hes going :banghead:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

flash gunner wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 7:04 am
I can honestly say the first half was the worst ive seen Arsenal play maybe ever!!! The defending was embarrassing, you would tell a team of under 9's off for that!!!!

Second half was marginally better but we ran out of legs and had no one on the bench to bring on

More importantly, how were the prawn sandwiches?

Anyway, I think wenger deserves far more credit than he's getting. We've not been this consistent away from home since 1966 apparently! :barscarf:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

g88ner wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 7:06 am
flash gunner wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 7:04 am

More importantly, how were the prawn sandwiches?

Anyway, I think wenger deserves far more credit than he's getting. We've not been this consistent away from home since 1966 apparently! :barscarf:
Prawn sandwiches were bitter mate :cry:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Some good news though (DB10 will like this one) just read Xhaka has become only the second player ever to reach 3,000 completed passes in a season last night

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

flash gunner wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:01 am
Some good news though (DB10 will like this one) just read Xhaka has become only the second player ever to reach 3,000 completed passes in a season last night

I watched highlights last night on sky and from what I seen it was the same two culprits who contributed most to last nights failure AGAIN - it seemed that xhaka was pressing their defenders when they were on the ball, and pressing the wingers when they had the ball out wide on the half way line, but of course he wasnt where he should be and left a massive gaping hole in front of our centre backs :roll: What can I say about mustafi that hasnt been said a zillion times already ? His "clearance" to gray for the penalty was absolutely shocking (I still dont think mikkiwhatshisname touched gray tbh), and his positioning and awareness was schoolboy level again :evil:

Btw, was it not the leicester fans that started the to1aw last night ? :?

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

augie wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:33 am
flash gunner wrote:

I watched highlights last night on sky and from what I seen it was the same two culprits who contributed most to last nights failure AGAIN - it seemed that xhaka was pressing their defenders when they were on the ball, and pressing the wingers when they had the ball out wide on the half way line, but of course he wasnt where he should be and left a massive gaping hole in front of our centre backs :roll: What can I say about mustafi that hasnt been said a zillion times already ? His "clearance" to gray for the penalty was absolutely shocking (I still dont think mikkiwhatshisname touched gray tbh), and his positioning and awareness was schoolboy level again :evil:

Yes mate firstly the Leicester fans Wenger we want you to stay and by the end and being 3-1 up they were singing TO1AW and he waved to them :roll:

I was embarrassed about our defending all the people we were with last night were Arsenal fans and everyone said the same about how bad we are and how we should get Allegri to sort the defence, nice to hear others saying the same and not just us miserable b******ds

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:33 am
flash gunner wrote:

Fuckkin' RETARDS! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

If any Gooners attend the Uddersfield game - and anyone tries to sing it - They should be given a right kicking then ejected from the ground and then the coach going home whilst it's doing 60mph.

Soon that song will be NO MORE just like the despotic cuntslop that has ruined our clubs 'Class' 'and 'Family Values'.