wiggys new stadium

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
clockender1

wiggys new stadium

Post by clockender1 »

is going to cost GBP 4 Billion :
The projected cost of the Los Angeles Rams' new stadium in Inglewood, California, which is scheduled to open in 2020, has reportedly exceeded $4 billion.

On Monday, Daniel Kaplan of the Sports Business Journal reported the investment by Rams owner Stan Kroenke and wife Ann Walton Kroenke is more than double the next highest amount paid for an American athletic venue ($1.7 billion for MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey).

Kroenke, who Forbes estimates to have an $8.3 billion net worth, said in January he lamented the Rams' lack of home-field advantage in their temporary home, the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.

Reasons for the increased costs include access roads, utilities and making sure the stadium could withstand an earthquake, per Kaplan. The final total could approach $5 billion when the new NFL Network building is factored into the equation.

deep joy. just what we need - a cash strapped, debt laden owner. :banghead:

and we are in the worst possible shape (relatively) for him to sell us to finance it.

DB10GOONER

Re: wiggys new stadium

Post by DB10GOONER »

At least he can't leverage the debt against us but it's still a disaster for us really.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 6:04 pm
At least he can't leverage the debt against us but it's still a disaster for us really.
More reason to boycott the club and f*ck the wiggy b*stard off. I wish Fiszman was alive the silly c*nt who caused all this.

NickF

Post by NickF »

clockender1 wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 6:02 pm

and we are in the worst possible shape (relatively) for him to sell us to finance it.
Isn't he worth something like 7bn and his wife twice that amount? Hardly cash-strapped.

Also, I'm confused, I thought we wanted him to sell us?

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

NickF wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 7:04 pm

Also, I'm confused, I thought we wanted him to sell us?
Good point - he could raise over $2BN by selling up, do it Stan, for gods sake do it!.

:twisted:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
he can't, why not ?

he can mortgage the stadium. that's my point. if we were in the top 4 and facing CL football, he may have been tempted to sell.

now I think he much more likely to borrow against the stadium. :banghead:

augie

Post by augie »

clockender1 wrote:
The projected cost of the Los Angeles Rams' new stadium in Inglewood, California, which is scheduled to open in 2020, has reportedly exceeded $4 billion.

On Monday, Daniel Kaplan of the Sports Business Journal reported the investment by Rams owner Stan Kroenke and wife Ann Walton Kroenke is more than double the next highest amount paid for an American athletic venue ($1.7 billion for MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey).

Kroenke, who Forbes estimates to have an $8.3 billion net worth, said in January he lamented the Rams' lack of home-field advantage in their temporary home, the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.

Reasons for the increased costs include access roads, utilities and making sure the stadium could withstand an earthquake, per Kaplan. The final total could approach $5 billion when the new NFL Network building is factored into the equation.

To my knowledge, in american sports the city councils contribute big money to entice franchises to move there, so this stadium wont cost the rams anywhere near the $5bn I think. I think (but I'm not sure on this) that the nfl itself also chip in with a few quid.

I would hope that financial pressure back home could tempt the wiggy b^stard to sell up his shares in our club - he could sell to usmanov in the morning for a massive profit, and it would be a win-win-win for kroenke, usmanov and us fans :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

clockender1 wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 7:45 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
he can't, why not ?

he can mortgage the stadium. that's my point. if we were in the top 4 and facing CL football, he may have been tempted to sell.

Yeah you are right. What I meant was he chooses (so far) not to leverage us but of course he still could mortgage the stadium.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

clockender1 wrote:

Don't forget Anne Walton is heiress to the Walmart fortune. Walmart make Arsenal look like a corner shop in comparison when it comes to revenue generation. The Kroenke's are anything but poor.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

And like Stan will it have a removable top? :rubchin:

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Guys in theory could Kroenke sell the Emirates stadium and take money out of Arsenal to fund his USA clubs. Does he own everything Arsenal. It's bloody scary when you think about it.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 6:26 am
clockender1 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
he can't, why not ?

Yeah you are right. What I meant was he chooses (so far) not to leverage us but of course he still could mortgage the stadium.

Can the fucker do it on the sly or would it show in the club annual accounts if we were being used as security for another of his franchises.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 10:39 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 6:26 am
clockender1 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
he can't, why not ?

Can the fucker do it on the sly or would it show in the club annual accounts if we were being used as security for another of his franchises.
He can't do it on the sly, if he is using the Emirates Stadium as security it would show as a debt in the company accounts.

Regardless, he is financing this by borrowing money from JP Morgan, and as we speak no mention has been made of using the Emirates. Kroenke is no mug when it comes to financing. It would be a complex deal to involve Arsenal and not in his interests to saddle a lot of debt on the club that is probably the best cash cow for him out of all his investments.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-nfl ... story.html

NickF

Post by NickF »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 10:30 am
Guys in theory could Kroenke sell the Emirates stadium and take money out of Arsenal to fund his USA clubs. Does he own everything Arsenal. It's bloody scary when you think about it.
Why would he do that given that Arsenal is his 2nd biggest asset (behind the Rams) and his shares in us are worth around £2bn??

herbert

Post by herbert »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 10:30 am
Dont worry we can always set up a team from off here and play over Highbury fields with a yellow and blue away kit and a cannon facing the right way :barscarf: