Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Re: Unai Emery

Post by falkirk goon »

I like him though i can't understand the persistence with cech, xhaka and bellend when better options are on the bench.Hopefully in time the three aforementioned ringpieces will be moved out of the side :barscarf: and replaced with Leno lichsteiner and torreira 8) other areas need ironing out but I'm sure he will get it done 8)
It's just refreshing having a manager who appears to do tactics :shock: and has a gameplan.After years of le bulbeye mismanaging us it's nice to have someone with a plan 8)

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

falkirk goon wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:41 pm
I like him though i can't understand the persistence with cech, xhaka and bellend when better options are on the bench.Hopefully in time the three aforementioned ringpieces will be moved out of the side :barscarf: and replaced with Leno lichsteiner and torreira 8) other areas need ironing out but I'm sure he will get it done 8)
It's just refreshing having a manager who appears to do tactics :shock: and has a gameplan.After years of le bulbeye mismanaging us it's nice to have someone with a plan 8)

The international break gives him a nice opportunity to make those changes, and I'll be very pissed off if he doesn't make at least two of them.

augie

Post by augie »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:47 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:41 pm

The international break gives him a nice opportunity to make those changes, and I'll be very pissed off if he doesn't make at least two of them.

But most of his players will be away on international duty so he wont have much chance to impliment changes

Post by 1989 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:19 pm
JimmyAFC wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:00 pm
You just feel this team under Emery has a better steel about them.

Even when Cardiff scored I was still confident we'd get the job done.

I'm happy with Emery so far.

I want to see Torreira and Leno in for Xhaka and Cech, aside from that I like the make up of the side.

We will see a very good Arsenal within 2 years.

Similar to Klopp.

Emery will get the players he wants, system he wants and we will be a force
The same Klopp who just keeps losing final after final for the Mousers? Christ I hope not.

And you were doing so well up to that point Jimmy. :D :wink:
You can't deny that Klopp has improved them to the point where they're rightly now seen as title contenders, from previously being Europa League strugglers when he took over. His record in the finals notwithstanding.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

1989 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:26 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
JimmyAFC wrote:

I want to see Torreira and Leno in for Xhaka and Cech, aside from that I like the make up of the side.

Similar to Klopp.

The same Klopp who just keeps losing final after final for the Mousers? Christ I hope not.

You can't deny that Klopp has improved them to the point where they're rightly now seen as title contenders
, from previously being Europa League strugglers when he took over. His record in the finals notwithstanding.
I can and I do absolutely. They are not title contenders. They will finish anywhere from 10 to 20 points behind citeh. I'll bet any amount right now with you on that. A charity bet or something? Your call. :wink:

Klopp is a media myth just like Poxychinos. The victim and scum loving media desperately want them to do well but they are average managers.

Klopp is a "character" and the vapid brain dead media love a character for photos and headline opportunities but he is not an elite manager. Elite managers win finals and major titles.

Klopp has lost 6 out of 7 finals and not won shit since a crap German league in, what..... 2012? On a par with winning the Scottish PL ffs. Poxy has never won anything in a nearly 10 year managerial career. :lol:

Wooppee doo they both have improved their teams a bit. Warnock or Fat Sam can do that. :lol:

As much as the agenda monkeys on here hate to admit it neither are fit to lace Wenger's shoes. And I'm not even talking about first 10 years hugely successful Wenger I mean last 10 years disaster but still won 3 FA Cups Wenger. Not palatable to a few on here but still the truth.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:21 am
1989 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
JimmyAFC wrote:

Similar to Klopp.

You can't deny that Klopp has improved them to the point where they're rightly now seen as title contenders
, from previously being Europa League strugglers when he took over. His record in the finals notwithstanding.
I can and I do absolutely. They are not title contenders. They will finish anywhere from 10 to 20 points behind citeh. I'll bet any amount right now with you on that. A charity bet or something? Your call. :wink:

Klopp is a media myth just like Poxychinos. The victim and scum loving media desperately want them to do well but they are average managers.

Klopp is a "character" and the vapid brain dead media love a character for photos and headline opportunities but he is not an elite manager. Elite managers win finals and major titles.

Klopp has lost 6 out of 7 finals and not won shit since a crap German league in, what..... 2012? On a par with winning the Scottish PL ffs. Poxy has never won anything in a nearly 10 year managerial career. :lol:

Wooppee doo they both have improved their teams a bit. Warnock or Fat Sam can do that. :lol:

As much as the agenda monkeys on here hate to admit it neither are fit to lace Wenger's shoes. And I'm not even talking about first 10 years hugely successful Wenger I mean last 10 years disaster but still won 3 FA Cups Wenger. Not palatable to a few on here but still the truth.
Hands up , I am one of those who would have taken Klopp in a heartbeat a few years back but by God did we dodge a bullet there..I'm All for passion on the touchline but not the Klopp manufactured version. He isn't a top class manager and in time the Victim fans will see him for what he is. He has bought a lot of brownie points with them by saying and been seen to do the right things about Hillsborough etc. And I think "being seen to do the right things" sums up Klopp . All bluff and bluster with no substance. If they challenge City , and ultimately I think they will be well behind, it will be down to the lack of quality elsewhere. I think Klopp is on a long term borrowed time situation. Funny faces, sarcastic smiles and his brand of passion will only preserve him for so long with the fans when there is no silverware. Once they turn on him the media will because as we all know too well the media do not go against the Liverpool fans.

augie

Post by augie »

I hate the victims more and more with each passing day, BUT let me say straight up that they are a very good team and a team and club that are very much on the up. I mock the confidence/arrogance of my victim supporting buddies, but deep down I am worried about them this season - there is no doubt that citeeh are a far better team than anyone else in this league, but lets be honest and say that citeeh have come out of the blocks very slowly so far, and it does worry me that they might suffer from the same inability to defend a title that our great teams have suffered since the 30's. I also have zero doubt that this victims team would not have allowed leicester win that league, much less finish 10 points behind them :oops: :oops:

I do agree with you though DB10 that until this scouse team wins a trophy all this talk about them is hot air, but IF they do win a trophy then I will be really worried for the future.

PS. Not a popular sentiment I know, but I do feel that the scum have the second best starting 11 in the league (behind citeeh) if everyone has full squads to choose from, but their squad is weaker than a lot of the top teams (including ours imo)

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

people think lpool will finish 10-20 points behind citeh? :shock:

i think you're in for a very big surprise this time out - i know he ballsed up on saturday but allison is a huge improvement in goal and joe gomez at the back looks like a real upgrade on what they're used to. granted it's taken big money to build the squad he wants but who hasn't in the PL? Will be surprised if they don't win a title in the next few years tbh

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:26 am

i think you're in for a very big surprise this time out - i know he ballsed up on saturday but allison is a huge improvement in goal and joe gomez at the back looks like a real upgrade on what they're used to. granted it's taken big money to build the squad he wants but who hasn't in the PL? Will be surprised if they don't win a title in the next few years tbh

I must admit I can't see the difference being towards the 20 point margin this season. Whatever we think of Klopp and the victims somebody at Fenway is pulling the right strings and they have got some serious forward momentum going. Whether they can topple citeh is another thing altogether though and perhaps, whilst we continue on our merry way dicking about as also rans these days, we have to be thankful that the arabs at citeh are ensuring that the scum and victims don't get their hand on the league trophy. And if the victims do run citeh close this season I reckon the arabs will just get the cheque book out again.

The mousers pay £750 for their season tickets so it's good to know that our £1250 is a bargain :rubchin:

augie

Post by augie »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:26 am

I think that their most important player is van dijk - if he gets injured they have no cover of that level for that position, so I think that we should all say a little prayer that the fat shaquri c.unt falls on him at training and he spends months on th treatment table trying to recover :wink: :lol: :lol:

blair207

Post by blair207 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
1989 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
JimmyAFC wrote:

Similar to Klopp.

Klopps tenure at Liverpool has been far superior to Wengers disastrous later years.
He has succeeded in qualifying for the CL a couple of times and making a genuine attempt to win it,
He has identified the weaknesses in his side and addressed them. He has also coped with one of his star players being allowed to move to Barca without letting it really harm the side or using it as an excuse. He will ultimately have to win trophies but at the moment he is doing well.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Unlike United, klopps liverpool are pleasing on the eye to watch going forward , and titles or not, that means something to the mousers. Particularly when United are struggling.

I would think he has at least another three years there so the odds are that he’ll win one.

With the chavs up for sale and united in internal chaos, and the spuds likely to revert to type, we will be the challengers to both I think.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Whilst still calamitous at the back, we do seem to be a bit more resilient, in that we don’t cave in when put under pressure.
Cech and Xhaka’s selection is still a major concern, especially given that these two useless bastards are the main cause of us coming under pressure in games.
I would still be well fucked off if this continues for much longer!

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

clockender1 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:45 pm
Unlike United, klopps liverpool are pleasing on the eye to watch going forward , and titles or not, that means something to the mousers. Particularly when United are struggling.

I would think he has at least another three years there so the odds are that he’ll win one.

With the chavs up for sale and united in internal chaos, and the spuds likely to revert to type, we will be the challengers to both I think.
I'm not so sure because they are a selling club - Just like we used to, they are now also selling thier best player every couple seasons, Shitty don't need to do this, shitty can just keep improving thier squad.

Imagine how good they might be if they still had coutinhio ACM and suarez CF with Salah and Mane either side of him, but they don't they are going in circles.

What if the scum still had Bale and modric? - I think the saying "selling club" does sound a bit moronic talksport type shite, but it does make a diffrence. selling and replacing rather than adding to the strengh is a big disadvantage.

I also think that neither manager, scum or bin dippers are serial winners, if "simone lite" at the scum was going to win, he would of taken title off Leicester. but they collapsed in the end, as did every big cup final tilt for kloppy the kangeroo, false idols both. :barscarf:

Lets also see what happens if the victims have a bad run, he was unable to turn it around at Dortmund (in a one and half team league) and left once his cult of personality thing was over.

Wenger might be **** for the last decade but he is our **** :oops: and a mile better in his best days than they will ever be - even though he soured his last years and should have shown the door alot sooner for everyone's sake - I bet they win less than he did in his last/worst 10 years

they are seen as "young mangers" I think klopp is 51, poch is age 46, wenger won the double with Arsenal aged 48 ? and had some trophies behind him already. fuck the both of them and the horses they rode in on, and fuck Moanhino as well.
Monaco

Ligue 1: 1987–88
Coupe de France: 1990–91

Nagoya Grampus

Emperor's Cup: 1995
Japanese Super Cup: 1996

Arsenal

Premier League: 1997–98 , 2001–02, 2003–04
FA Cup: 1997–98, 2001–02, 2002–03, 2004–05, 2013–14, 2014–15, 2016–17
FA Community Shield: 1998, 1999, 2002, 2004, 2014, 2015, 2017

Wenger should have won more...... and he should have done better in Europe, but them two imposters will never get near that IMO.

They will never win the Emperor's Cup: mark my words :lol:

peppy la pu if he stays at citeh and gets loads more money I think will dominate sadly.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

blair207 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:26 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
1989 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
JimmyAFC wrote:

Similar to Klopp.

Klopps tenure at Liverpool has been far superior to Wengers disastrous later years.
He has succeeded in qualifying for the CL a couple of times and making a genuine attempt to win it,
He has identified the weaknesses in his side and addressed them. He has also coped with one of his star players being allowed to move to Barca without letting it really harm the side or using it as an excuse. He will ultimately have to win trophies but at the moment he is doing well.
:lol: :lol:

No offense but are you serious? 3 FA Cups against ZERO trophies but Klopp got them into the CL? That's the kind of reasoning we used to get from the AKBs ffs mate.

I will take winning 3 FA Cups ahead of CL qualification every day of the week and twice on a Sunday.

When football historians look back at that period it will show that a past-it and delusional Wenger still managed to win 3 FA Cups with a poor team and a media darling character like Klopp won nothing. Elite managers are judged by the trophies they win not the competitions they qualify for.

20 points behind citeh is maybe a stretch (maybe) but it is certainly possible given how thin the victims squad is against their first 11 - but it will deffo be at least a 10 point difference and maybe as far out as 20. The bet is there if anyone wants it.

Anyone saying Allison has made one howler has not been watching him. He is a good keeper but that's about the 4th or 5th self inflicted howler he's made through his own arrogance. It's just the first one that cost them where he wasn't lucky enough to get away with it. Even Klopp the Klown said he could see it coming. He has that stupid arrogance you see in some keepers. He reminds me a lot of Lehmann tbh and he will cost them.