Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
clockender1

Re: Unai Emery

Post by clockender1 »

1989 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:15 pm
He has turned us into winners.
exactly. as i said when we go one down heads go up not down. there is pointing and shouting, not staring into a coat.

GG built a team with unbelievable spirit, this team is building that.

markyp

Post by markyp »

clockender1 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:09 pm
1989 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:15 pm
He has turned us into winners.
exactly. as i said when we go one down heads go up not down. there is pointing and shouting, not staring into a coat.

GG built a team with unbelievable spirit, this team is building that.
wenger turned us into wieners :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

what's great about Emery is that ever since he arrived he has not wanted to have anything to do with the last guy in charge :lol:

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

Emery out :shock: 8)

Dick flopped, only got a limp draw. :oops: :wink:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Don’t want to sound horrible but I find his press conferences a difficult listen. I know he’s trying to learn the language but half the time I don’t think he gets his message across when he answers a question. It’ll improve of course but I wonder how much he uses his interpreter on the training ground?
What I love most about him is that he’s not scared to change things around during a game. Ozil’s reaction yesterday was a disgrace. What did he expect? He was having a terrible game and deserved to be hooked.
Unai Emery’s red n white army....

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:21 am
Don’t want to sound horrible but I find his press conferences a difficult listen. I know he’s trying to learn the language but half the time I don’t think he gets his message across when he answers a question. It’ll improve of course but I wonder how much he uses his interpreter on the training ground?
What I love most about him is that he’s not scared to change things around during a game. Ozil’s reaction yesterday was a disgrace. What did he expect? He was having a terrible game and deserved to be hooked.
Unai Emery’s red n white army....
Ozil's reaction was poor and he should be fined for it. But it is also understandable tbh. Taking him off and leaving the worst player on the pitch Comedy Iwobi still on was a shocker of a decision. We had no out ball after Ozil went and we ended up drifting deeper and further onto our back foot until finally they got the equaliser.

Ozil must have thought as he went off: "Ach! Gott in Himmel! Vat is zis shizer?!"

:D :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

Not usually big on sports autobiographies/biographies, but I am considering getting this - the fact that he has only recently joined us meants that there shouldnt be much (if anything) about AFC, but I am intrigued to learn about the workings of the man, and his thought processing when it comes to managing and coaching

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... rs-methods

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

augie wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:24 am
Not usually big on sports autobiographies/biographies, but I am considering getting this - the fact that he has only recently joined us meants that there shouldnt be much (if anything) about AFC, but I am intrigued to learn about the workings of the man, and his thought processing when it comes to managing and coaching

nice find.

i'll look out for it. i hope they will publish in English.

The Patrick Barclay book on Herbert Chapman is a good read.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

augie wrote:

Seems like it's well worth a read. Cheers for that Augs.

StanKroenke'sWig

Post by StanKroenke'sWig »

augie wrote:

Cheers Augie. Will definitely be purchasing.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

He did great today - urging the players forward, his goal celebration and marshaling the back four.

He put on aggressive subsitutions and took the game to klopp twice when klopp changed his tactics twice.

At the end we were playing 2-5-3 as we chased the winner.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

This man is a proper manager, a proper motivator and demands a fucking lot from his players. He's the GG of this era.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Just thought of a song for Unai Emery

He can do up his zip,
He can do up his zip
Unai Emery
He can do up his zip

Any takers?

Post by 1989 »

Every substitution he makes seems to be bang on the money. Tactically the bloke is up there with the very best imo.

Loved his passion during the goal celebrations. 8)

The only disappointment for me is that our defence continues to leak poor goals. Once that's sorted, we'd be title contenders.