Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

Re: Unai Emery

Post by goonersid »

And to think we were just a press conference away from appointing Arteta :shock:
Seriously though, when you look at Utd, the mousers and other clubs and how many managers they’ve gone through to try to make the right appointment the board deserve a big slap on the back on this one (still c u n t s though) :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yup! :high5: It has taken 3 seasons for Klopp to get the scousers to their current level and we matched them... Give Unai Emery 2 more seasons and we will destroy them :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

There is no doubt in my mind that Unai Emery is the best Arsenal signing this past decade. :proudtosay:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Arsenal improving under Emery

This is a Sky Sports headline I think we can all agree with :barscarf:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... -liverpool

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Not even half way through the season yet and already we look like a totally different team to the shower of bottlers we were last season.

Dick is magnificent. Just like Jock Gooner I too now absolutely love dick. :shock:

Sorry that should be "Dick" with a capital "D".

:D :wink:

Herd

Post by Herd »

To be honest Dick has been on a winner from the second he walked in the door .
Simply anyone could have got more out of the players than wenger by the end of his reign so any improvement small or large would have an impact and so it has shown.
For me he has a season pass and longer if he finishes Top 4, but allready I like the improved attitude and commitment of the players.
The Acid test to the man will be how he shuffles the Pack to get the defense right,because I don't think theres much money in the Pot and we will struggle to win trophies with what we have right now !

I have been to two games this season and without walking out around half time which was what Ive been doing for years now so thats a plus !

JimmyAFC

Post by JimmyAFC »

Herd wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:40 pm
Simply anyone could have got more out of the players than wenger by the end of his reign so any improvement small or large would have an impact and so it has shown.
For me he has a season pass and longer if he finishes Top 4, but allready I like the improved attitude and commitment of the players.
The Acid test to the man will be how he shuffles the Pack to get the defense right,because I don't think theres much money in the Pot and we will struggle to win trophies with what we have right now !

I have been to two games this season and without walking out around half time which was what Ive been doing for years now so thats a plus !
He has been a pass already as well IMO.

Signed the DM we've been crying out for years the other bloke ignored.

Has improved most, if not all the blokes in our squad...

Is COACHING and TACTICALLY putting his stamp on the side...can you believe a manager actually does these two things? :o

Don't let the mugs running this club convince you there isn't money available to this club.

We are one of the richest clubs in world football. We have plenty of cash and if we don't utilize it, is because of that c*** Kroenke.

I'm absolutely loving the work of Emery so far.

He is such a breath of fresh air.

:barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

Herd wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:40 pm

This was always the biggest issue for me - wenger apologists (also known as wenger cocksuckers :wink: ) continually defended the arrogant b.stard with the line that he had no money to do any better, but dick has come in and turned what was an absolute shambles team last season, into a well coached and organised unit. He has done all that with largely the same players the french cock had last season (torreira and leno have only been starters for the last few games), and it exposes wenger as the tactically inept and past his sell by manager that he really is. If any big club (milan, real madrid etc) seriously consider hiring wenger as their manager (not sporting director/director of football), then they are truly insane and will deserve every bit of shit that will come their way from the fans when it goes tits up

Herd

Post by Herd »

Don't let the mugs running this club convince you there isn't money available to this club.

Jimmy I agree there's plenty of money ,it just isn't going to be spent on players ,we are no longer a football club but a sporting franchise !

This Club will operate on a low budget for the foreseeable future !

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Anybody notice his reaction when Smith Rowe had a go from distance?

So good to see him encourage the players to shoot from distance. :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:37 am
Anybody notice his reaction when Smith Rowe had a go from distance?

So good to see him encourage the players to shoot from distance. :barscarf:
More telling was his reaction to the Welsh Messi-Lite trying a reverse flick backheel and hitting the ball off his own leg before falling over. :oops: :lol:

I swear I think I can now lip read in Spanish. Looked like Dick said in Spanish "Oh you stupid cùnt Ramsey". :wink:

Post by 1989 »

Dick doesn't give a bollox about egos and names. He drops, subs Ozil, Auba or Laca whenever he feels he should....what chance has the Welsh Messi got. :barscarf:

StanKroenke'sWig

Post by StanKroenke'sWig »

I'm very much enjoying the switching of tactics and throwing absolutely everything at trying to win games. He doesn't settle for mediocrity. :barscarf:

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

@OptaJoe
0 - Arsenal and Cardiff are the only two teams not to have been ahead at half-time in any of their 12 Premier League matches so far this season. Sluggish. #ARSWOL
:shock:

It's actually miraculous that we've got as many points as we have.

This is what the table would like if it were a game of one half.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

These first half complete no shows must now be of massive concern for the manager. Not being ahead in any of our games by HT despite the amount of absolute shit sides we’ve played tells it’s own story.

I would say the Liverpool game and bizarrely Chelsea away (although it took us going 2 down before we started) were the only times we played at a high tempo in the first half of any league game this season. The lethargic, slow out of the blocks pedestrian way we start games has to stop and it has to stop soon.

You can’t keep going to the well in the second half of games, coming from behind the majority of the time, before the shit will finally hit the fan. The international break is probably coming at a good time because the wind has gone completely out of our sails and hopefully the reset button can be hit over the break.