Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: Unai Emery

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

clockender1 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:31 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:41 pm
Methinks Dick is gonna have a few fires to put out in the coming days and weeks ........

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/7919695/ ... lub-binge/

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
it doesn't look good for Ozil does it ?

i think Dick is the 'one warning' type of bloke. and this it.

yes its great for team bonding, but they are professional athletes and we are not the chavs or the spuds.

Our lot should show a little class. which means if they are going to do it, do it in private and don't get caught.
Absolute idiots

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

clockender1 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:31 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:41 pm
Methinks Dick is gonna have a few fires to put out in the coming days and weeks ........

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/7919695/ ... lub-binge/

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
it doesn't look good for Ozil does it ?

i think Dick is the 'one warning' type of bloke. and this it.

yes its great for team bonding, but they are professional athletes and we are not the chavs or the spuds.

Our lot should show a little class. which means if they are going to do it, do it in private and don't get caught.
Absolute idiots

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:52 pm
The Arsenal Way wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:04 pm
" I would be banging every fit bird that gave me any encouragement "

Isn't that otherwise known as rape ?;

:shock: :lol: :lol:
Depends on the difference between Augie's definition of encouragement 'but she looked at me your honour' and hers 'he was so short and ugly i couldn't look away i was so horrified' :wink: :box:
Ahh I see you've met augie in the flesh. :D :wink:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Talking of media bias - did anyone else notice that dick was asked post match if the injury list was' a result of his training methods' ???????

WTF we said that for years before the press even wrote about it , and not once did they question the ex-manager directly in about 12 years, yet dick is put on the spot in his four months ...

:banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

clockender1 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:25 pm
Talking of media bias - did anyone else notice that dick was asked post match if the injury list was' a result of his training methods' ???????

WTF we said that for years before the press even wrote about it , and not once did they question the ex-manager directly in about 12 years, yet dick is put on the spot in his four months ...

:banghead:
The football meejia are utter cùnts. :censored:

Obviously upset that we werent "careful what we wished for" and haven't "lived to regret" Wenger's long overdue departure they've decided to have sly digs at Dick. :roll:

Fuck em. If the meejia are back hating us then Dick is doing something right ! 8)

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

I don't think Dick cares as much what the press say or ask him, I feel he has the interviews just as a duty and is already thinking about the next training session as they are asking him stuff. 8)

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Does any one know if Unai has a magic hat ?
Would be very handy if he did. :barscarf: :barscarf: 🏆🎩

Cannon

Post by Cannon »

Every time I see his face on TV my heart melts. Love the geezer. It's a pleasant change from spitting and swearing at the TV when our previous manager came on.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

its going to be an interesting January first.

given the lack of quality and injuries in the squad, Dick needs to bring back Nelson and Chambers IMHO.

he's been low key about possible purchases but he's not going to announce that they need to offload Ramsay and Ozil to raise funds to buy in some squad players.

Dick has to make some moves in the window to make a statement, otherwise its going to be tough until we get through these injuries.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

We are in for a tough winter. Lots of games and we are basically walking wounded with a lot of injuries and a lot of players looking fatigued.

Iwobi and (to a lesser extent) Mkhitaryan aside I can’t blame Emery too much for team selections. We are absolutely on our arse with defenders and he’s not playing Xhaka there and Koscielny for bants. Need some cover in Jan even if it’s on loan. You really notice the difference that an average squad player like Welbeck missing has.

Post by 1989 »

Need to get rid of Ozil asap.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:39 pm
We are in for a tough winter. Lots of games and we are basically walking wounded with a lot of injuries and a lot of players looking fatigued.

Iwobi and (to a lesser extent) Mkhitaryan aside I can’t blame Emery too much for team selections. We are absolutely on our arse with defenders and he’s not playing Xhaka there and Koscielny for bants. Need some cover in Jan even if it’s on loan. You really notice the difference that an average squad player like Welbeck missing has.
I blame him. He dropped the ONLY truly creative midfielder we have and played 3 pieces of shit instead. Epic fucking stupidity on a Wenger level.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

1989 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:50 am
Yeah. Because that's the problem. Not the 3 absolute pieces of shit that replaced him and contributed total fuck all last night as they do in every game. No that's not the problem. It's our only top class player who wasn't even on the pitch. Have a fucking word with yourself ffs. :oops: :lol:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Ozil's got the skills DB but he doesn't have the attitude or application. He's just as useless in this weak Arsenal team as most of the others. If we had Vieira and Petit in the centre, Ozil would be awesome......but we don't and he turns up every 6 to 8 games with a decent performance. In reality we need about 8 decent players, should only take us about 8 years to get them eh Stan!!?? :roll: :banghead:

Post by 1989 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:08 am
1989 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:50 am
Yeah. Because that's the problem. Not the 3 absolute pieces of shit that replaced him and contributed total fuck all last night as they do in every game. No that's not the problem. It's our only top class player who wasn't even on the pitch. Have a fucking word with yourself ffs. :oops: :lol:
There's no point in having a 'top class' player who doesn't even play. Ozil is a liability to us now; for 350k a week it's an incredible waste of resources not having him on the pitch (or in the squad at all) and as a self-sufficient club, we simply can't afford that. His wages could pay for 3 decent players. If Emery doesn't rate him, we can't continue having him on those wages hence the need to get rid of him asap and find a replacement who will actually play football games for us. Otherwise, we're going to be massively handicapped trying to get into top 4 whilst not using an asset that is worth 350k a week. Not that hard to understand I would have thought.

Don't know why other players are being mentioned. I'm not comparing their quality to Ozil's.