Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Re: Unai Emery

Post by 1989 »

TeeCee wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:55 am
Ozil's got the skills DB but he doesn't have the attitude or application. He's just as useless in this weak Arsenal team as most of the others. If we had Vieira and Petit in the centre, Ozil would be awesome......but we don't and he turns up every 6 to 8 games with a decent performance. In reality we need about 8 decent players, should only take us about 8 years to get them eh Stan!!?? :roll: :banghead:
Emery is clearly unhappy with Ozil and even refused to rule out him being sold in January. Says it all imo.

Emery is not an idiot. He sees him every day in training. If Ozil was pulling his weight, applying himself in the manner expected and demanded, working his arse off, then he would be in the team because there's no questioning his talent. The likelihood is that he's been coasting in training the way he does in matches and Emery simply won't tolerate it like the previous French bloke did.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

TeeCee wrote:
Ozil's got the skills DB but he doesn't have the attitude or application. He's just as useless in this weak Arsenal team as most of the others. If we had Vieira and Petit in the centre, Ozil would be awesome......but we don't and he turns up every 6 to 8 games with a decent performance. In reality we need about 8 decent players, should only take us about 8 years to get them eh Stan!!?? :roll: :banghead:
this is true. in Dicks system, all players have to defend as part of the team, there are no luxury players.

we need a player like Alexis who worked his bollocks off.

we also need some players in on loan or back from loan like NB 123 said.

its bloody bad luck as both Holding and Welbeck were playing really well.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

clockender1 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:49 pm
TeeCee wrote:
this is true. in Dicks system, all players have to defend as part of the team, there are no luxury players.

we need a player like Alexis who worked his bollocks off

I am actually sitting here open mouthed reading these posts. Clockender and Tee Cee you both usually post sensible stuff (but 1989 not quoted from above is known for his ludicrous hysteria like calling Xhaka "world class" :lol: :wink: ) But these posts are not based in any reality lads.

Apparently Dick has dropped Ozil because he doesn't do enough defensively - but picks Comedy Iwobi the Welsh Messi-Lite and Mickey Useless because they do?! :shock: Have you watched those 3 arseholes piss away possession dozens of times every game? Seriously? I'd rather have a bloke on there that can create chances than three cùnts that not only cannot create chances but cannot do this mythical defensive work you speak of as a reason to drop Ozil.

Post by 1989 »

Yeah, I would love to see where I called Xhaka world class outside of your imagination. Care to provide a quote at least? Good luck in your search.

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:41 pm
clockender1 wrote:
TeeCee wrote:

I am actually sitting here open mouthed reading these posts. Clockender and Tee Cee you both usually post sensible stuff (but 1989 not quoted from above is known for his ludicrous hysteria like calling Xhaka "world class" :lol: :wink: ) But these posts are not based in any reality lads.

Apparently Dick has dropped Ozil because he doesn't do enough defensively - but picks Comedy Iwobi the Welsh Messi-Lite and Mickey Useless because they do?! :shock: Have you watched those 3 arseholes piss away possession dozens of times every game? Seriously? I'd rather have a bloke on there that can create chances than three cùnts that not only cannot create chances but cannot do this mythical defensive work you speak of as a reason to drop Ozil.

I think that Ramsey was summed up perfectly in the cup game vs Spurs
He made a lovley outside of the ball pass to put mhiki through in a nice one two move.

Later he gets the ball in the area with the defence awol could have had a shot, could have passed to another player, probably each option leads to a goal.... what does ramsey do? tries a no look backheel that goes nowhere and loses the ball.

one thing i will say is that Auba gets back and defends when we are under the cosh, and presses thier players from the front.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

1989 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:41 pm
Yeah, I would love to see where I called Xhaka world class outside of your imagination. Care to provide a quote at least? Good luck in your search.
Blotted the world cup out huh? Probably can't remember hero worshipping scum players either huh? :censored:

Ah I'm only yanking your chain you sensitive little cùnt. :lol: :wink: :wink:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

AkneyGooner wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:12 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:41 pm
clockender1 wrote:
TeeCee wrote:

I think that Ramsey was summed up perfectly in the cup game vs Spurs
He made a lovley outside of the ball pass to put mhiki through in a nice one two move.

Later he gets the ball in the area with the defence awol could have had a shot, could have passed to another player, probably each option leads to a goal.... what does ramsey do? tries a no look backheel that goes nowhere and loses the ball.

one thing i will say is that Auba gets back and defends when we are under the cosh, and presses thier players from the front.

And the one time you actually want him to try a backheel to divert the ball into the net.....and he fucking leaves it.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:33 am
1989 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:41 pm
Blotted the world cup out huh? Probably can't remember hero worshipping scum players either huh? :censored:

Ah I'm only yanking your chain you sensitive little cùnt. :lol: :wink: :wink:

:shock: You!? winding someone up!??? surely not! :lol: :wink:

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Should he start focusing solely on the Europa League now?

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Wheels well and truly off now! We’re every bit as shite and predictible as we were under Wenker! From terrible defending to the timing of substitutions! Other premiership managers have him sussed already!
I know he will get another season but unless I see a willingness and ability to sort it out starting with the purchase of a cb in january! Then he can fuck off in the summer! We cant afford to gamble and fall further behind the scum and the rest!

augie

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:27 pm
Wheels well and truly off now! We’re every bit as shite and predictible as we were under Wenker! From terrible defending to the timing of substitutions! Other premiership managers have him sussed already!
I know he will get another season but unless I see a willingness and ability to sort it out starting with the purchase of a cb in january! Then he can fuck off in the summer! We cant afford to gamble and fall further behind the scum and the rest!

The thing I would say against that sid, is that it is the wenger players that are continuing to hold us back - the summer arrivals have made positive contributions since they arrived, but the french cock had left too many sub-standard shite players for dick to work with, and emery isnt a miracle worker ffs

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Sid given 70m to sort out that complete mess in a World Cup disrupted transfer window and literally a decade’s worth of complete disorganisation and apathy at the back (as well as years of slow insipid sideways passing) what would you (or anybody else) have done differently?

That’s what one top class CB costs (see Van Dijk) and less than what Chelsea paid for their unproven keeper. It could also get you a Lukaku or most of a Paul Pogba.

I hate watching us defend like clowns and seeing the likes of Iwobi, Xhaka and Mkhitaryan ambling about as much as the next Arsenal fan - believe me - but he isn’t playing shit players for banter or a system which recklessly ignores defence. We just have too many shit players who he’s been lumbered with that have no right being at this level. When Bellerin and Monreal being injured is a huge miss you know we are in trouble.

At the halfway stage this year we are on for 76 points as opposed to 63 last year. One point more than Liverpool got last year and one point less than Spurs.

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

goonersid wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:27 pm
He inherited the shite Wenger left him.What did you expect him to do? Unless Emery is given the money Klopp has been given nothing will change.

Yeah Poch sussed him out didnt he when we slaughtered Spurs 4-2 and Klopp when we drew with Liverpool and of course Mourinho who is out of a job.For years we had been going on about Wenger making the same substitutions after 70 mins.Emery makes adventurous substitutions and you slag him off

I agreed with you when you used to slag Wenger off but the job Emery had when he took over was enormous.He didnt inherit Bergkamp Seaman Adams Keown Dixon Winterburn and Parlour.He inherited shit like Mustafi Kolašinac Xhaka Ozil Mkhitaryan Ramsey Iwobi Elneny and Welbeck all garbage who wouldnt get in any of the top 4 sides

This job isnt a 6 month job its a 3-5 year job.And that is with huge backing from the board

I have faith in Emery because he has come in and tried to change things we may have to suffer days like today.But do we really want to go back to the shite we has to watch under Wenger for the last decade

As for Ozil get him out of the club NOW

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

This man will be the GG of the next chapter. Ozil is this generation's Charlie Nicholas. I'm going to say it now, we will be Champions of England by 2022.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

I can fully understand the frustration of yesterday and Southampton and with a few exceptions we have ranged from mediocre to average, but reactions to everything in life , especially football , are becoming so tabloid in their format, that being no half way we are either brilliant (Spuds home) or brutal ( Saints away and yesterday) .
Answer generally lies somewhere between and as stated by so many on this thread and others the damage of Wenger's last ten years at Arsenal cannot be fixed over six months or one season.