Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
JimmyAFC

Re: Unai Emery

Post by JimmyAFC »

An absolute tactician.

Got his tactics 100 percent spot on against Chelsea.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

TBF most of the Wenger Out protesters knew that Kroenke was the bigger problem, hence the Kroenke You're Next!! banner at the last game of the season, but it was one battle at a time....trying to do a double on that pair would have been a non starter and sent out a garbled message. Ironically though, I reckon there would be 5 times the support for Kroenke Out protests as our fan base do not have any affection for him, whereas they loved Arsene. Nobody has the time or stomach for it though. As long as Kroenke owns the club we will continue to tread water & rotate managers.

Trying to get rid of Wenger was the right thing to do...Kroenke is the cancer, Wenger was the growth.

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

I agree, Wenger was his shield in a way, and now that is gone, we should focus 100% on this parasite, our club is his sporting cash cow.

I think something really really really clear like:

FUCK OFF Kroenke... YOUR A CrUNT, FUCK OFF Kroenke... YOUR A CrUNT.
ETC

No need to make it complex or funny, and if the TV coverage has to keep muting the sound it will draw attention to it, if the stewards start taking action against it... same .

Sam.Harrison

Post by Sam.Harrison »

AkneyGooner wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:11 pm
I agree, Wenger was his shield in a way, and now that is gone, we should focus 100% on this parasite, our club is his sporting cash cow.

I think something really really really clear like:

FUCK OFF Kroenke... YOUR A CrUNT, FUCK OFF Kroenke... YOUR A CrUNT.
ETC

No need to make it complex or funny, and if the TV coverage has to keep muting the sound it will draw attention to it, if the stewards start taking action against it... same .
Use the r***n v*n p****e chant.

You're a c*nt Kroenke, you're a c*nt. You're a c*nt Kroenke, you're a c*nt. You're a c*nt Kroenke, you're a c*nt. Oh Kroenke you're a c*nt

Or
We hate you Kroenke, we do
Oh Kroenke we hate you

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Well doesnt look like we will be laughing at utd tomorrow?
Time to look at ourselves, and the absolute incompetent fucking idiot we have in charge!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Sid use this thread for the Emery shite.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Yay everybody look at Sid again

Bet you couldn’t fucking wait to get on here

Shame we didn’t get any of those managers who would have used that 70m and injury-ridden shower of shit defence to turn us into title contenders.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

:D
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:01 pm
:lol: can i create poll on this thread?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:05 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
You can try. But I'm not modding 2 Emery threads mate.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:05 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
You might not be able to. But I can as a mod. If you post your question and a couple of choices for responses I'll set it up for you.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

northbank123 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:03 pm

Shame we didn’t get any of those managers who would have used that 70m and injury-ridden shower of shit defence to turn us into title contenders.
Fuck off!!

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

goonersid wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:12 pm
northbank123 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:03 pm

Fuck off!!
Come on it’s just boring now. You seem to take great joy in our struggling and trying to bait people with your posts which even you can surely realise are miles over the top. It’s like you live for this shit.

It’s bad enough when we lose without having you singing the same idiotic tune every time afterwards.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

My assessment of Emery so far:

Positives

Has brought Leno, Sokratis and Torreira into the team and they have all far outweighed the previous shit they have replaced

Massively punched above his weight going 22 games unbeaten with this squad....which has led to people thinking we still have a top 4 chance which in itself is unbelievable

Has upped the intensity of our game, especially at home, producing football and atmospheres for the games vs Scum, Chavski and the Mickeys that were long forgotten under the previous cock

Certain players that were stealing a living under the previous cock have actually started to perform closer the levels they are capable of - notably Bellerin, Ramsey and to a degree Lacazette

Hasn't just opted for the same pre-planned substitutions after 70 minutes

Hasn't interacted with the media like a spoilt luvvie, above any criticism and treated fans like kids, unlike the previous condescending wanker. Hasn't rolled out lame duck excuses about fixture lists, international breaks or rattled off meaningless shit about expected goals ratios

Has been straight with us over the likes of Ozil and exposed that we haven't got any money - unlike cock features who was happy to trouser £8.5m a year and be the little puppet of the board

Negatives

The defence still looks incredibly suspect especially in the big games, albeit I will say he has been desperately unlucky with injuries to virtually every first choice defender

He still allows Cech to play in the cups and he's a fucking disaster. If this happens in the Europa we're fucked. Just be brave Unai and fuck him off. I'd rather see Martinez if its not Leno

He still has Bould there in some inexplicable role. He's either a great defensive coach who needs more freedom to work on that side of our play - in which case, please let him.......or, he's an absolute fucking no hoper, in which case please get his arse out of here and hire someone who can

For some bizarre reason he still seems to think Iwobi is going to make it. Come next season he needs to be out and Reiss Nelson given the chances that Iwobi has had for 3 years or so now

Xhaka still gets too much game time and hasn't corrected any of his ponderous shit or ability to foul/give the ball away in crucial areas. Maybe he isn't spoilt for options but he needs to make a call on this guy soon

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Just watching Soccer Saturday and an interesting disection of our defence and what Dick is actually doing. Charlie saying they are all shit. Merse saying the manager needs to insist that both fullbacks and a holding midfielder actually stay in position rather than push forward. Tommo agrees with both views and says simply that none of them are good enough to play the old Arsenal way. Even Tiss is saying that when the saints were shit at the back it's not that big a coaching job to tighten up. Stelling questioning whether Dick really knew what he was getting into and whether he was told the financial position before he accepted the job.

Not sure that I would be too happy if I was getting half of what TOF was getting paid and then having to try and sort out his shitshow and getting no money this window when it's needed and having a 2 year fuck off clause written into your contract. If Dick fucked off in the summer then nobody would really blame him and his reputation would survive. I think he's got a bit more than that about him but he's going to have to get every penny of the new sponsorship deals to spend on players in the summer. Before then though he does need to demonstrate that he is capable of tightening things up and if that is achieved at the expense of going forward then so be it.

augie

Post by augie »

Over the last few seasons the akb used to argue against getting rid of wenger (obviously), and one of their constants was the question "who could we get that is better to replace him cos we wont attract a top manager to join us ?" - this always pissed me off cos (a) I always felt it was disrespectful to the club to suggest that no top manager would want to be manager of The Arsenal and (b) it suggested that wenger was a good manager and couldnt be replaced, when the reality is that he was a past it c.unt and the manager of the horse and hound pub team would do a better job :roll: Now I have a question for all those fans that are already writing off dick, is there ANY MANAGER in the world that you think could do more than emery has with the players he has and the injuries that we have endured ? Seriously I am curious to see who people believe would believe could do a better job without having a massive transfer kitty behind them :rubchin: