Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

Re: Unai Emery

Post by goonersid »

Every day that passes with Emery in charge, is another day lost in the quest to move the club forward!
We actually have a half decent squad with a frontline that should be scoring goals for fun!
I actually want us to lose to Palace today in order to get a reaction from the fans, that will leave both Emery and the club hierarchy in no doubt as to our opinion of him!
His departure is the most urgent issue currently facing the club, without it we will not make top 4 this season! All this bullshit about the rest of the league being shit and gifting us top 4 is nonsense!
There are currently 4 teams (at least) performing better than us and as much as it pains me, I do think the spuds will improve in the coming weeks!
So lets get this incompetent clown out of our club and if a few defeats can maybe help that cause ? then so be it!

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

The Club is More Important than any player!

The Club comes 1st!.....the Manager & Hierarchy has voted Ozil off the Island

Because he wants to eat ALL the food, but not really help to Cook, Catch or KILL any of the Game!

Arsenal comes 1st...but Xhaka is still floating around somewhere....

I back the Team, the club & the manager,

But that guy has to go in January! Respectfully at least, he's been a good sport in attitude, but constant Detriment to the flow or Lack there of for the Team.
#COYG

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

goonersid wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:33 am
Every day that passes with Emery in charge, is another day lost in the quest to move the club forward!
We actually have a half decent squad with a frontline that should be scoring goals for fun!
I actually want us to lose to Palace today in order to get a reaction from the fans, that will leave both Emery and the club hierarchy in no doubt as to our opinion of him!
His departure is the most urgent issue currently facing the club, without it we will not make top 4 this season! All this bullshit about the rest of the league being shit and gifting us top 4 is nonsense!
There are currently 4 teams (at least) performing better than us and as much as it pains me, I do think the spuds will improve in the coming weeks!
So lets get this incompetent clown out of our club and if a few defeats can maybe help that cause ? then so be it!
To be fair, Sid.
You have been calling for Emery out for quite a sometime now. Longer than any other poster has done.
I recall that some posts back, DB10 politely asked why you hadn't given the manager more time? (summat like that)
It's slowly beginning to make sense now, and I'm actually finding myself agreeing with you, mostly.
I could never wish for us to lose a game to change the regime/management overall though , but I get what you are aiming for.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Will never want us to lose, however if we do then the positive is that the pressure is placed on Emery.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I wondered how long it would take for Brendan Rodgers to suddenly be lifted in some people's heads from the "Never Will Be" he was 18 months ago when linked with the job, to the Messiah he is today being five points ahead of us having played one more game.....the freakish 9-0 being the final confirmation some have needed that King Brendan is the man to turn us into the swashbuckling, all conquering modern day Invincibles. Perhaps we will come back and see how he has done at the end of the season rather than after ten games

Wenger's stock seems to have risen recently too - funny that. Not with me however, and I still maintain that the damage that man did will run for years. In my opinion he (together with the wig wearing c.unt and Greaseball Gazidis) turned a team of serial winners and a proudly run club, into Banter FC.....a club that served to exist only to line the owner's pockets, together with the yes man who supported him. That damage went on for years and years and through most of last season many of the limpdicks that grew up under that regime still featured regularly for the club - Xhaka 40 games, Mustafi 38 games, Iwobi 32 games, Ozil 28 games, Koscielny 24 games, Ramsey 23 games, Cech 22 games. From that list only 1 player (and I admit somewhat inexplicably) remains part of his plans, the rest having fucked off after long periods of under achievement. I think he did a decent job in the Summer getting rid of nearly all those c.unts and if Shit for Brains hadn't stuck Sickboy on 350k per week he'd be gone too.

Why on earth would we can someone 9 games into a season where it finally will start to look a bit more like his own team, and where for most of his tenure key defenders have been missing?

I always said two seasons / four transfer windows to even establish himself and just don't see the logic of going back to the start

Sheffield United away was dog shit undoubtedly but we went into the game hoping to firmly establish ourselves in the top 4 that everyone so craves, and 90 minutes later apparently it has all gone to rat shit

I thought we wanted a manager who was going to improve our record in big games. Well Brenda has already had his lot roll up at Old Trafford and lose and Anfield and lose.

Judgement definitely reserved until May......unlike the cock before him who asked to be judged 10 times in May and fucked it every single time

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

To an extent SteveO, I agree but when you see the team selections and especially the continued selection of one of the worst Arsenal players for some time ie: Xhaka, there is no excuse. Emery clearly is not competent, after 1.5 years he doesn't know his best team/formation/tactics/captain etc etc, that is criminal. He has to go, the sooner the better.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:38 pm
To an extent SteveO, I agree but when you see the team selections and especially the continued selection of one of the worst Arsenal players for some time ie: Xhaka, there is no excuse. Emery clearly is not competent, after 1.5 years he doesn't know his best team/formation/tactics/captain etc etc, that is criminal. He has to go, the sooner the better.
I can't disagree about Xhaka mate - to me it is absolutely inexplicable as to how he plays every game, and as for the decision to make him captain....baffling in the extreme.

I think the reason why he doesn't know his best team is that he is only just getting this together as his team now - it wasn't really his team last year and I could forgive the constant changes whilst he worked out who was for keeps and who was going. You've got to agree that he was far more ruthless in this window than Wenger ever was - Cech, Koscielny, Ramsey, Elneny, Jenkinson, Iwobi - all fucked off in 1 window, where as the previous goon would have extended all of their contracts. He desperately wants rid of Mustafi and Ozil too but Fuckface gave them the sort of deals they could only dream of elsewhere

When you consider that lot above, surely we need to give him time to find a blend with his own players?

augie

Post by augie »

Steve O, there are parts I agree with you on, and there are parts I cannot agree with you on -

I too cannot fathom the *****-a-thon over Brendan Rodgers - I'm not saying that he is a shit manager, but nor do I buy into this theory that he is the answer to our problems. I get the frustration where things are not as good as they should be, but frustration shouldnt lead to desperation and desperation is what it is when you start to laud Rodgers and johnny evans as solutions to our problems.

Here is the thing though, emery has had long enough now to recognise that xhaka is shit and yet he still plays him. If the French cock went to victimsland and set up his team the way emery did, you would (rightly) go ballistic - that was the sort of braindead decision that has me scratching my head, cos it looked to me that he either wasn't intelligent enough to recognise how the victims played, or he did and didn't know how to counter it.
You can take 2 seasons to weed out the shit and get in better players, but you have to have enough smarts to see what is in front of you

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

He loses the Wolves game then I can see him getting the Xhaka treatment on Saturday.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

For every c.unt there today singing the Ozil song, I hope you get your wish and that Emery is fired and they call Wenger back as caretaker for the rest of the season, and immediately put that lazy useless c.unt back in the team as captain

Its truly what every single one of you deserve.

It will also knock the final nail into my Arsenal coffin

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Nobody is saying Brenda is the second coming SteveO. The point is that the pool of managers we were linked with was distinctively average - Arteta, Brenda and the one we ended up with Emery.

Allegri was the dream for me , Tuchel a close second with Ancelotti not far behind them but none of them was ever gonna happen.

The point here is that everyone poo poo’d the idea of Brenda (me included) but if we could rewind 15/16 months or whatever it is you’d pick him all day over the current fucking idiot. All you need to do is watch 90 minutes of them playing ball and compare it to the 90 minutes of horse manure we produce week in week out to see that.

So out of Emery, Arteta or Brenda - give me fucking Branda all day long (Arteta would have been an insane choice for obvious reasons) and anyone who says otherwise should be sectioned.

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

Ah!!!! you see!

Emery DOES watch Video analysis! & Team Stats!

He KNOWS Xhaka is the Last LIABILITY That is holding back the team,

& this 2nd Substitution of a FULLY FIT Captain with Quotation marks...who told the fans to go "F themselves",

after which he took off his ARSENAL Shirt & flung it on the ground

Like a Fully Grown Juvenile Delinquent . . .

as WE CHEERED for him to come off, Anchoring our TRUE potential on the field & when subbed FREEing up the Midfield!

So Emery & the Arsenal Hierarchy ARE phasing out the DEADWOOD!

Gradually but with Extreme Prejudice!

He may still End up on the chopping block due to the Raised quality of Every team in the EPL & December's Judgement Fixtures,

But Even if he leaves in Jan,

THE TEAM will be Leaner, Younger, Stronger, & have a higher Efficiency & Consistency of QUALITY.

Due to the Gradual Phasing out & of Wenger's Errors & Erroneous players,

Elneny, Mustafi,Ozil,Xhaka______Finally we FINE TUNING the squad & looking to move forward with the quality we've got!

November will be the lithmus test for this Team & the Real Challenge of Surviving December ALIVE!

December 2019
... That's the real test!..Oct&Nov is just foreplay! I hope Emery knows!
3 Dec – Arsenal v Brighton (H)
, 7 Dec – Arsenal v West Ham United (A)
14 Dec – Arsenal v Manchester City (H) , 21 Dec – Arsenal v Everton (A)
26 Dec – Arsenal v Bournemouth (A)
, 28 Dec – Arsenal v Chelsea (H)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

#EMERY OUT

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Emery reminds me of that fella who sold Springfield the monorail through a glamerous presentation but it ended up being a disaster.

Last edited by Arsenal Till I Die on Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:54 pm
Nobody is saying Brenda is the second coming SteveO. The point is that the pool of managers we were linked with was distinctively average - Arteta, Brenda and the one we ended up with Emery.

Allegri was the dream for me , Tuchel a close second with Ancelotti not far behind them but none of them was ever gonna happen.

The point here is that everyone poo poo’d the idea of Brenda (me included) but if we could rewind 15/16 months or whatever it is you’d pick him all day over the current fucking idiot. All you need to do is watch 90 minutes of them playing ball and compare it to the 90 minutes of horse manure we produce week in week out to see that.

So out of Emery, Arteta or Brenda - give me fucking Branda all day long (Arteta would have been an insane choice for obvious reasons) and anyone who says otherwise should be sectioned.
Rodgers is doing well at the moment and how many times could we say that about a particular manager after 10 games or so in a season - Koeman at Southampton, Marco Silva at Hull/Everton/Watford, Bilic at West Ham - lets wait and see what the bloke has done after 38 games. If he's got Leicester in the top 4 playing great football every week, and can cope with virtually every first choice defender being injured (if that day comes).....if, and only if, all of that stands the test of 38 games, and if we finish a distance behind them, then I will agree that he has done well. Just think its totally premature at the moment

As for Tuchel? Fuck me, if there's a bigger fraud in European football (now that Wenger has pissed off), then I've yet to meet him

Don't disagree with either of the other 2 choices and given the losers mentality that permeated our club for a decade, I think Allegri would have been perfect - a serial winner who would have sorted the defence out as a first priority. Having said that in season one, any of them would have inherited Cech, Elneny, Jenkinson, Mustafi, Ramsey, Ozil, Xhaka and a lorry load of other dross cluttering up the squad and around 40m to spend......so we will never know if they could have shit miracles or not

For me he has the next window and to the end of the season to bring about an improvement in the defence and our away performances, given that in my view it is now only starting to emerge as his own team. FFS, we haven't had a first choice full back all season, and when we went 22 unbeaten Holding had just started to look the real deal. Get the proper defence back, add to it in January, kick that gormless Swiss c.unt out of the club after today, and I think we will be on the right track