Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Unai Emery

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:06 pm
Sean Dyche would sell Aubamayang on day one and replace him with a 6 foot 4 inch clogger to go around elbowing everyone in the head.
I did hear that (BIG DUNC) Duncan Ferguson wants to come out of retirement :wink:

On BBC Website:

The Gunners are distancing themselves from a possible move for former Manchester United and Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho. (ESPN)

I would feckin' hope so!

Assistant manager Freddie Ljungberg is ready to step in as caretaker manager if Emery is sacked by the Emirates Stadium club. (Independent)

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! FREDDIE! FREDDIE! FREDDIE! Surely Freddie cannot do any worse than the current inept

Former Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri, previously linked with Arsenal, is the favourite to take over at Bayern Munich following the departure of Niko Kovac. (Bild, via Football Italia)

FFSaaaaaaaaaaaaake :? :roll:

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:45 pm
augie wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:08 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:00 pm
Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:40 pm
I see we have the world's foremost football expert back slagging all and sundry yet never comes up with answers himself apart from giving the worst manager I've seen at The Arsenal more time

The I "never go to games unless I get a freebie type", yet seems to get freebies every fortnight.
:D :D :D

I rarely even accept the freebies these days!

I've never declared myself the world's most foremost football expert, so not sure where that bit came from??!!

Sorry that you disagree with my view about wanting to give Emery more time, but what can I say, that's my view and if it turns out to be the wrong way I expect everyone will be quick to point it out. I still think that 11-12 games in the season when its only just developing into your own squad is a bit premature to pull the trigger. Performances of late haven't been good and I'll admit at times I'm baffled by some of the substitutions and the chop changing of the squad. If that's still going on towards the end of the season and we're going backwards then I'll stand by what |I said that 4 transfer windows and 2 whole seasons is enough to expect some improvement

I don't disagree with the suggestion about Allegri - if we want someone with a proving track record of winning big trophies, and who knows how to build a solid defence then surely he would be the most obvious candidate?

If we can't get Allegri then unlike some others here I'm prepared to give someone new a go, yes possibly Freddie or Vieira, rather than someone like Rodgers and Tuchel who to my mind have had a go at big clubs and failed with their methods and ideas. We'll never know of course if Freddie or PV4 are the men until they get the chance.....a bit like the Chavs would never really know with Lampard, but in fairness to them they've given it a go when it could easily be argued that he perhaps wasn't experienced enough

Don't bother biting steve o
Oh dear and here pipes up nostradamus, the one who sees everything 1000 years before it's happened :roll: :lol:

Ha ha ha. Brilliant, Lefty.
augie is Nostradamus.
I agree 100% with it. :wink:
I'm glad that your two year sabbatical only lasted a few days.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:51 am
Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:45 pm
augie wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:08 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:00 pm
Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:40 pm
I see we have the world's foremost football expert back slagging all and sundry yet never comes up with answers himself apart from giving the worst manager I've seen at The Arsenal more time

The I "never go to games unless I get a freebie type", yet seems to get freebies every fortnight.
:D :D :D

I rarely even accept the freebies these days!

I've never declared myself the world's most foremost football expert, so not sure where that bit came from??!!

Sorry that you disagree with my view about wanting to give Emery more time, but what can I say, that's my view and if it turns out to be the wrong way I expect everyone will be quick to point it out. I still think that 11-12 games in the season when its only just developing into your own squad is a bit premature to pull the trigger. Performances of late haven't been good and I'll admit at times I'm baffled by some of the substitutions and the chop changing of the squad. If that's still going on towards the end of the season and we're going backwards then I'll stand by what |I said that 4 transfer windows and 2 whole seasons is enough to expect some improvement

I don't disagree with the suggestion about Allegri - if we want someone with a proving track record of winning big trophies, and who knows how to build a solid defence then surely he would be the most obvious candidate?

If we can't get Allegri then unlike some others here I'm prepared to give someone new a go, yes possibly Freddie or Vieira, rather than someone like Rodgers and Tuchel who to my mind have had a go at big clubs and failed with their methods and ideas. We'll never know of course if Freddie or PV4 are the men until they get the chance.....a bit like the Chavs would never really know with Lampard, but in fairness to them they've given it a go when it could easily be argued that he perhaps wasn't experienced enough

Don't bother biting steve o
Oh dear and here pipes up nostradamus, the one who sees everything 1000 years before it's happened :roll: :lol:

Ha ha ha. Brilliant, Lefty.
augie is Nostradamus.
I agree 100% with it. :wink:
I'm glad that your two year sabbatical only lasted a few days.
:lol:

Time flies doesn't it.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:16 am
northbank123 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:56 am
Genuinely, does anybody on here reckon that we would actually sack Wenger when we inevitably lose at Leicester?

Kidding yourselves.
He's long gone mate, let it go :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

What a load of twaddle on here. Boy am I glad there is some top quality decision making going on in our boardroom right now which will undoubtedly save our season from disaster :roll: :lol:

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

The change will come soon. I think we all agree we ain't beating Leicester, so that's 9 points behind them.
The club must be looking at the teams coming up in Dec.............West Ham away, City, Everton away, United and Chelsea.
We need to have a manager in place to make us competitive in those 5 or top 4 is well and truly a distant dream.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I’m confident a convincing defeat at Leicester will see the plug pulled, on what has been the worst managerial appointment in our history!

augie

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:28 pm
I’m confident a convincing defeat at Leicester will see the plug pulled, on what has been the worst managerial appointment in our history!

Have to say that I'm not - all the talk seems to suggest that he is getting the next month to turn things around, and it's not like the talk of him getting ousted is heating up. I would also think that the lack of a replacement being lined up will slow the sacking process, UNLESS they go for that portugese c.unt. Obviously I'm hoping that they don't go for moaninho, and I don't think that they can get allegri, and after those 2, every potential appointment is gonna be a shot in the dark. I honestly don't remember a time in the last 30 years or so, where there has been so few stand out candidates :shock:

The logical move would be to change manager next weekend when the international lull kicks on, but we will have so few players around during that break, any new manager wont be able to put any great changes in the system before the next game anyway

Gooner_Sam

Post by Gooner_Sam »

With full regard given to the other comments given already on this thread recently, and with a risk of looking like a self-indulgent twat, I feel I must give my two cents to this platform because I am tearing my hair out.

Some commented at the weekend through forums and social media platforms that ‘I just expect it now, It used to be disappointing but now it’s the norm’ is a defeatist comment I can no longer relate to. Why is it now the norm? I, like everyone else felt a huge sense of relief when Wenger stood down and we were to enter a new era, albeit without champions league football but with a clean slate. The future of our club was left in the hands of a big, bald fraud who has no real interest in football but in lining his own pockets and may have felt that a successful manager would help him line his big bulging pockets even further with a fat bonus check after a potential return to champions league football. Though it didn’t happen.

Why didn’t it happen? Because we have a manager, sorry ‘head coach’ who can’t ‘coach’ a football team. He can’t get his point across regarding the style of football he wants and can’t communicate effectively to the club and its fans where he wants to take us. The decisions made over the last few games have been laughable. I would love to laugh at us but I can’t because I’m so stupidly invested in this irritating circus of a football club and the ring leader is Emery.

That’s where the buck stops. He has continued to play Granit Xhaka despite him stinking up the place every week, instead of the Torreira and Guendouzi double pivot which has worked and would work (or maybe not, but bloody give it a go), he picks a lanky holding midfielder who does nothing of the sort. He continues to pick a centre back pairing of Sokratis and Luiz despite countless pieces of evidence that it doesn’t work.

We needed a goal on Saturday so he brought on Kolasinac (who is woeful) when we had a player worth 72 million of your great British pounds stewing on the bench, he wanted to keep hold of a point. A point at home to a very below par and beatable Wolves team, But why not put Kolasinac on at 1-0 up, why wait till 1-1? Why not keep hold of all 3 points?

We have no midfield, no creativity and a defence that are like rabbits in a HGV headlight. There is no composure and no style of play we can get on board with, we can’t see what he is trying to do. We conceded 25 shots on goal at home on Saturday, despite whoever that is, that is unacceptable.

We go to Vitoria on Wednesday to play a game that kicks off after breakfast and why? Because we (Arsenal Football Club) lost 4-1 in a European final. That should have been it, that should have been the trigger being pulled. We don’t have a great record in European finals as we all know to our great regret and upset but that was the final straw for me. After blowing it at home to Palace and drawing to bloody Brighton (who later sacked their manager and who were safe from relegation at kick off).

The club should have expected an excellent start to this term, but we sit 1 point above Sheffield United and 6 off of top 4. A defeat this weekend means top 4 is all but gone.

Don’t wait till then, pull the gun on him now and fire. Why gamble on him losing again? Gamble now, it might still be defeat but it might mean we later pull something out of this season that benefits us, as a club in future.

Emery out, now now now.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:16 am
northbank123 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:56 am
Genuinely, does anybody on here reckon that we would actually sack Wenger when we inevitably lose at Leicester?

Kidding yourselves.
He's long gone mate, let it go :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

PTSD

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

SPARKSY wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:20 pm
The change will come soon. I think we all agree we ain't beating Leicester, so that's 9 points behind them.
The club must be looking at the teams coming up in Dec.............West Ham away, City, Everton away, United and Chelsea.
We need to have a manager in place to make us competitive in those 5 or top 4 is well and truly a distant dream.
no I think that we have a very good chance up there.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

goonersid wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:28 pm
I think that is a bit over the top.
5th last season and a European cup final.
5th this season

we have had worse managers.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:24 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:42 pm
Chris Wilder - promoted through 2 divisions, 7th in the league. Dinosaur

Sean Dyche - smallest budget in the PL every year, promotion, quality for Europa League, consistent well organised PL team. Dinosaur

Ronald Koeman, Slaven Bilic, Marco Silva - handful of wins. Geniuses. Give them all the next big job in town

If social media existed in 1986 I'd love to have seen the string of comments on here when we were considering appointing GG. Dinosaur

If there had been a Portuguese or Dutch bloke that had won promotion with their equivalent of Millwall however they'd all be perfect for the job

Anyway.....most of this club's modern fan base truly deserve Wenger back in charge as caretaker and one of the knobs I've listed above on a 5 year deal
OK calm down Billy Brexit, we get it, you want a British manager rather than dirty old Johnny Foreigner huh?

:D :wink:

Piss take apart there is none of those managers you named that I'd like to see at our place. But especially not Cum Gargler Dyche. Classic big man for the small job, just like Moyes Curbishly Martinez Billic Redkrapp Fat Sam Pubis etc.
I just want the best manager for the job mate and couldn't give a fuck if he's English, Portuguese, German, or even a fucking Martian but I'd rather judge him on what they can do rather than rule them out of hand because they aren't 'cool' enough like good old Marco Silva......I thought Mark Hughes was lucky landing PL jobs but this c.unt takes the biscuit.

I'd even considering taking an Oirish manager*

* although struggling to think of one who isn't tarmacking a drive or walking his dog permanently :D :D :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

Anyone available to get a banner made up for the Leicester game saying "no way moaninho" ? I'll contribute financially 8)

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:16 pm
SPARKSY wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:20 pm
no I think that we have a very good chance up there.
Rob you told me we'd get six points from Palace and Wolves :shock: