Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Unai Emery

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:02 am
Clash wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:28 am
bunch wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:01 pm

To be fair, I think Arseblog was calling for a change of manager at least 2 seasons before Wenger finally departed. Not as long as me and many others but it is understandable that younger fans like Arseblog, Gunnerblog and Stillman had a strong emotional attachment to the Frenchman as they grew into Arsenal knowing only Arsene.

Now its different. You fail you go. Emery has failed, he should go.
I’m 46 and I’m pretty sure Arseblog is older than me so he will have experienced as far back as the Terry Neill era at least.

Personally I think he defended Wenger and the regime way beyond what was acceptable, especially for someone who’s now demanding the following manager be sacked after 18 months.

Makes me wonder if going with popular option to maximise their own revenue is the priority with a lot of these bloggers but only they know the truth.
Bang on Clash. Arseblog is not a young Gooner he's middle aged and he defended the indefensible during Wenger's reign. Coincidentally he had some book / merchandise tie in with the club at the time and basically became an extra mouthpiece for Wiggy, the Lizard and Wenger. Now he's all about the board not doing its job? Complete fucking hypocrite. :censored:

You beat me to it DB10 :( I know the commercial tie in was probably a consideration for him, but I feel that access to the club and inside info, was probably what determined his decision :roll:

His outrage over the "noise" comment is especially hypocritical given his total lack of respect shown to the fans who made the same "noise" against wenger :censored:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Mark Irwin [Exclusive]: Unai Emery has until new year to save his job. If #AFC are still in touch with the top four after the home game against #MUFC on New Year’s Day then Emery will remain in charge at least until the end of the season.
https://t.co/PIj8QsrsAm

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Auba posting some cryptic shit on Insta, all is not well in that camp (as if we didn't already know).

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

For context it's about his relationship with the mongs on AFTV :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 84491.html

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:33 am
For context it's about his relationship with the mongs on AFTV :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 84491.html
Inflating the self importance of those aftv arseholes

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Is he not free to talk to anyone he wants

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:06 am
Of course he can but there's no need to totally disappear up their arsehole while doing it

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Just that uneasy feeling of him cosying up with people who profit out of the club doing badly.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

If everything was right at the club this forum would be fucked :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:17 am
I disagree, there'd be more tit threads for starters 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:20 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:17 am
I disagree, there'd be more tit threads for starters 8)

:rubchin: :rubchin: :rubchin:

Not sure about that Rodders me ole mucker

One of the reasons for posting a Tits thread (besides the FACT that Funbags are wonderful things) is to try and lift 'morale' amongst us suffering Gooners. :wink:

I also think that the club are trying to censure Auba, but surely he should be allowed to talk to whomever he wants. The club have taken against AFTV (for all it's failings and silliness) because it is a high profile vocal platform for Gooners to slag off the club/manager/players etc

#emeryout

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:

Yes and no - if it is just a general/superficial conversation about world news or football news in general then that should be ok, but if he is talking about club business and/or stuff that is happening behind the scenes, then surely that is an absolute no-no ? Our dirty linen should not be washed out in public for Gooner haters to wa.nk themselves silly over, and especially should not be leaked by the club captain. If I was a player that aftv was constantly slagging off, I don't think that I would be too pleased if my team-mate/captain was being all buddy buddy with them - at the very least I would expect him to tell them to back off his team-mates and we all know that aint gonna happen, so the players would be within their rights to question who auba has his allegiance to

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

We slag players off here on a regular basis, and it seems and I've no proof of this that the club are drip feeding info to the media in this case David Ornstein,he'sgetting info from somewhere, the bit blaming external noise ie arsenal fans for some of the negativity surrounding emery.

What info was he supposed to have leaked.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:18 am
mcdowell42 wrote:

Yes and no - if it is just a general/superficial conversation about world news or football news in general then that should be ok, but if he is talking about club business and/or stuff that is happening behind the scenes, then surely that is an absolute no-no ? Our dirty linen should not be washed out in public for Gooner haters to wa.nk themselves silly over, and especially should not be leaked by the club captain. If I was a player that aftv was constantly slagging off, I don't think that I would be too pleased if my team-mate/captain was being all buddy buddy with them - at the very least I would expect him to tell them to back off his team-mates and we all know that aint gonna happen, so the players would be within their rights to question who auba has his allegiance to
Lacazette is at the same lark, he liked a video by Troopz calling for Emery to be sacked.

I know you've commented on it before Augie but the players are running roughshod over the manager, the place is a mess. Young players supposedly taking the piss out of him behind his back and senior pros showing open dissent on social medial

He'a a poor leader, they smell it and they're walking all over him. We're in deep shit here.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Not making excuses for the players but wouldn't most of them have their own pr people for twitter and other social media outlets