Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

Re: Unai Emery

Post by goonersid »

He is 14 to fucking 1 to be sacked!
WTF!

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Marcus silva is 1/2

Emery 5/1

Pellegrini 6/1

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Wonder what odds I'll get on Arsenal not to win the title for the next 20 years?, will have to wait a while but it's a sure thing..

:roll:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

West Ham boss Manuel Pellegrini replaces Arsenal's Unai Emery as favourite in the Premier League sack race after home defeat by Tottenham https://t.co/wxkEvgBUSA

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The Independent has been told the club hierarchy met over the international break to discuss the managerial situation - It was decided to view the 4 “winnable” games after the break as a block, after which they would reassess situation on December 5th Vs West Ham (A).

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

goonersid wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:27 pm
WTF!
He ain't going anywhere soon sid :cry: Last min equalizer..what the fuck am I talking about :oops: our board of fannybulges won't act for a good while yet

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Independent | Freddie Ljungberg the prime candidate for caretaker manager, but the club would consider returning to Manchester City assistant Mikel Arteta, and names like Max Allegri, Julian Nagelsmann and the former club captain Patrick Vieira.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:15 pm
Independent | Freddie Ljungberg the prime candidate for caretaker manager, but the club would consider returning to Manchester City assistant Mikel Arteta, and names like Max Allegri, Julian Nagelsmann and the former club captain Patrick Vieira.
It really needs to be allegri from that bunch

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The Independent claim #Arsenal are still willing to stick with Unai Emery, but will reassess the situation after the trip to West Ham United on 5th December. https://t.co/fVxqNU960D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:54 pm
goonersid wrote:
WTF!
He ain't going anywhere soon sid :cry: Last min equalizer..what the fuck am I talking about :oops: our board of fannybulges won't act for a good while yet
He still comes out with the usual bollocks & nonsense and yet they haven't sacked him...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50533438

Arsenal: Unai Emery says he 'can do better' as winless run continues

Unai Emery says he knows he "can do better" after his Arsenal team drew 2-2 with Southampton at Emirates Stadium.

Arsenal twice trailed and while Alexandre Lacazette's late goal salvaged a point for Emery's side, they were booed off at the final whistle.

Emery, the subject of much of that disgruntlement, has now seen his side win just two of their last 11 Premier League games.

"I know that we need to connect with our supporters," he said.

"The club are supporting me every day and also I have a responsibility.

"I know I can do better, I can take more performances with the players and I'm going to try to do that. It's difficult but we need to move on in the next days."

What happened in the Premier League?
Arsenal, who are nine points worse off than at the same stage last season, are winless in their last six matches across all competitions.

Emery's side are also eight points adrift of the top four and 19 points behind league leaders Liverpool.

While the former Sevilla and Paris St-Germain boss took solace by saying that his side produced their "best 20 minutes" of the season against Ralph Hassenhuttl's team, the current mood at the club was encapsulated by Lacazette's muted celebration after scoring his second goal of the game.

"Yes, that's an example of how they [the players] felt," Emery added.

"They felt the point was not enough. Our performance, individually and collectively, was about achieving the victory.

"I understand the supporters. They are now frustrated, disappointed and angry. The players feel the same."

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:46 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:54 pm
goonersid wrote:
WTF!
He still comes out with the usual bollocks & nonsense and yet they haven't sacked him...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50533438

Arsenal: Unai Emery says he 'can do better' as winless run continues

Unai Emery says he knows he "can do better" after his Arsenal team drew 2-2 with Southampton at Emirates Stadium.

Arsenal twice trailed and while Alexandre Lacazette's late goal salvaged a point for Emery's side, they were booed off at the final whistle.

Emery, the subject of much of that disgruntlement, has now seen his side win just two of their last 11 Premier League games.

"I know that we need to connect with our supporters," he said.

"The club are supporting me every day and also I have a responsibility.

"I know I can do better, I can take more performances with the players and I'm going to try to do that. It's difficult but we need to move on in the next days."

What happened in the Premier League?
Arsenal, who are nine points worse off than at the same stage last season, are winless in their last six matches across all competitions.

Emery's side are also eight points adrift of the top four and 19 points behind league leaders Liverpool.

While the former Sevilla and Paris St-Germain boss took solace by saying that his side produced their "best 20 minutes" of the season against Ralph Hassenhuttl's team, the current mood at the club was encapsulated by Lacazette's muted celebration after scoring his second goal of the game.

"Yes, that's an example of how they [the players] felt," Emery added.

"They felt the point was not enough. Our performance, individually and collectively, was about achieving the victory.

"I understand the supporters. They are now frustrated, disappointed and angry. The players feel the same."

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
The utterings of an absolute reenghole :oops: it's on le fartpipe levels :oops: the worrying thing about it all is that le fartpipe came away with the same utter shite during bad runs aswell..it was as if he was goading us all, as if he was safe in the knowledge his job was secure :cry:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

unless the club have someone lined up to take over then there is not much point sacking him
and don't forget we have one of the most clueless management teams in place for this kind of thing - they will be currently be in absolute panic mode with not the faintest idea of what to do next.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

The bloke drowned about seven months ago and now the body has been washed up. He's just totally out of his depth and doesn't know what to do. He got a biting grace when he first came in because anything was better than the 10 years which preceded that but since the last six weeks of last season, he's been completely unable to cope with the job. He was an uninspiring choice 18 months ago and now we just need to admit it was wrong and move on. He's got to go before we play the Christmas fixtures because with him in charge we will be bottom half by the first week of January.

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

1 of these Teams is NOT like the Others......jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

It sums up Sanllehi, Edu and the others. Keep a failed, busted flush of a manager for four ‘winnable games (which we’ll be lucky to win two of)! Then sack him, because he is so obviously shit, then ask a new guy to oversee a tough run of games when he comes in!!?? Doesn’t make sense! :banghead:
United bought in OGS when they played the bottom 6 teams in a row and surprise surprise, he won all of them.....our management setup couldn’t ‘manage’ to win the lottery if they had the only ticket. They ALL need to go!!