Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

Re: Unai Emery

Post by goonersid »

He’s 1/2 favourite, I think he will be gone today :barscarf:

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

goonersid wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:12 am
He’s 1/2 favourite, I think he will be gone today :barscarf:

At 1/2 you are buying money. Never a good idea.
If it was 1/20 I would be confident that he is going today.
Perhaps gone on Friday, and Freddie installed as interim manager?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:00 pm
Lets replace the bloke who won trophies and finished top 4 in Spain with Sevilla, and won the treble with PSG (remind me if Tuchel has managed that?).......with a bloke who won nothing in Spain or Portugal despite being with bigger clubs, and spent £120m+ to do for Wolves what Dyche did for Burnley on peanuts

Yay - reasons to be cheerful. Nuno Espirito Santo step forward.

As I said when Wenger was being eventually lined up to be axed.....who the fuck trusts this board and executive team to make the right appointment?
if we hire the Wolves boss this has got to be the most underwhelming appointment ever.
I genuinely do not see why he would suddenly improve us.

I can see a scenario where half the fanbase will want him to be sacked within 3 months.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:53 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:36 pm
STRONG Rumours that an announcement on the Unai Emery situation will be made tomorrow.

Stan & Josh flew into London last night and have held talks with everyone today.

The players have not trained for 2 days as Emery and they had a major fall-out after the game.

All rumours of course.
Tbh mate it sounds like complete horseshit. If they had fallen out - and not trained for 2 days because of that - it would be all over the media. Stuff like that can't be kept quiet nowadays.
Usually I would agree and wouldn't even bother posting anything, as I try and avoid all the bitching and in fighting on here, but it came from a Gooner who does work for AFC and often gets to hear of things before they become public.

I also thought if the players weren't training or hadn't trained for 2 days; especially before a Europa League game, that would would be tantamount to football suicide, but all the usual PR video's of players training and avin' a larf, being jolly and kicking the ball around etc - Have been very absent this week. I was told:

The 'mood' in the club is fractious. There was a disagreement between Lacazette and Emery during the game on the touchline AND that escalated to a 'Falling Out' shouting & accusations after the game.

They have ' fitness trained' but they haven't followed the usual and regular training / coaching regime and the media haven't been invited to attend etc.

I dunno maybe it is horseshyte, but on those rare occasions when this person has given me the nod in the past has usually panned out. So??? who the fuckk knows.

Like most (Sid being the exception :wink: ) I was all for backing him and giving him the full 2 years of his contract, but he has proven to be an abject failure in his role as a coach & manager to the point where we are regressing and now needs to FuckOff asap.

ps: what is fact is that the Kroenke's arrived in London on Tuesday and how often does wiggy come to AFC? :?

#emeryout

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:18 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:36 pm
STRONG Rumours that an announcement on the Unai Emery situation will be made tomorrow.

Stan & Josh flew into London last night and have held talks with everyone today.

The players have not trained for 2 days as Emery and they had a major fall-out after the game.

All rumours of course.
whats the difference between a rumour and a strong rumour ? :lol:
honestly there really has been some rubbish posted on here this week.
a 'Rumour' is when someone whispers DB is said to perhaps have some well dodgy pictures of Gunner Rob doing things to that 5 legged goat tied to a fence. Whereas a 'Strong Rumour' is when the it is spoken (not whispered) that DB really does have said photograph's and they are about to be put on various social media outlet's. :D :wink: :wink: :wink:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I doubt it would be Santos, Wolves would be looking for a huge compenstion, add that to Emerys pay off and I cant see it happening

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

open training session currently taking place at the moment at Colney

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Emery is at Colney and has apparently not interacted with anyone yet. He’s been standing on his own putting the cones out holding his clipboard according to Charles Watts. Atmosphere also colder than usual

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

It is increasingly becoming a matter of when not if Emery loses his job but no decision from the Arsenal hierarchy is imminent on Emery who is fast running out of allies at the Emirates. Full story.
https://t.co/zis20cmadL

Emery is believed to have returned to Spain after Saturday’s draw, while the squad were given Sunday and Monday off. There is acknowledgement at the club that things simply cannot go on as they are [@jamesbenge ]

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Emery on speculation around his future.

"My future is today and tomorrow."

Asked if spoken to board at all?

"My job is to prepare the match tomorrow and to look at only the match tomorrow, thinking to show the best performance for the team."

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Frankfurt press conference, with Mustaphashite by his side :roll:
This clown’s idiocy knows no bounds!

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Emery continually saying he wants to get supporters back on side, to "connect" with them. https://t.co/c11gdHWfmS

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:43 pm
Emery continually saying he wants to get supporters back on side, to "connect" with them. https://t.co/c11gdHWfmS
He’s fucking insane

augie

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:15 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:43 pm
He’s fucking insane

No, he is being smart - no manager wants to lose his job, and he is smart enough to know that his destiny now lies in the hands of the fans cos it is them that are driving him out. That he is trying to cosy up to the fans still makes perfect sense - if he thinks that it will work, then he can be called insane

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

In the space of eight or so minutes Unai Emery referred to the Arsenal supporters on 19 occasions and made 11 references to connecting with them. Not clear whether he's laying the blame at them for recent form or trying (too late) to get them back on side. https://t.co/4RGai9xjqM