Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: Unai Emery

Post by Gunner Rob »

i don't believe that Emery is any closer to losing his job than he was this time last week.
the club know that if we can win these next few relatively easy games then the pressure will lift.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

augie wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:31 pm
goonersid wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:15 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:43 pm
Emery continually saying he wants to get supporters back on side, to "connect" with them. https://t.co/c11gdHWfmS
He’s fucking insane

No, he is being smart - no manager wants to lose his job, and he is smart enough to know that his destiny now lies in the hands of the fans cos it is them that are driving him out. That he is trying to cosy up to the fans still makes perfect sense - if he thinks that it will work, then he can be called insane
Augie, I mean he’s insane if he believes for one minute that this situation is retrievable

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:02 pm
i don't believe that Emery is any closer to losing his job than he was this time last week.
the club know that if we can win these next few relatively easy games then the pressure will lift.
We won’t win them Rob, the players have given up on him!
We will lose to Norwich! We will lose to West Ham!
Frankfurt? I couldnt give one fuck!

Clash

Post by Clash »

He says he wants to connect with the fans but then hints about bringing Xhaka back :roll:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Just sounds like his PR team have gone into overdrive. Time to start saying all the right things and appear positive........all helps when he's sat in front of his next prospective employer.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

goonersid wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:09 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
if they had totally given up then they wouldn't have bothered to equalise against Southampton

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:50 am
open training session currently taking place at the moment at Colney

Nick Bendtners Ego

Post by Nick Bendtners Ego »

Emery must feel like he's in Hitlers bunker at this stage and all the while he's surrounded by the encircling enemies in the form of media, internal team dissent, Ex Pro criticism and fan apathy, he still has his loyal propaganda machine trotting out the rhetoric that all is not lost and that the war and fan acceptance can be won. With each passing day though , it looks like the decision to pull the trigger himself will be taken away when the FEC (kless) eventually call time on his short tenure. I feel sorry for the bloke in some respects as he doesn't seem to have too many bad bones in his body and doesn't deserve the vitriol dished his way. Way too deep out of his league and the PL in particular but hardly deserves the abuse that is slung his way. Probably a decent manager with the right group of players in the right league at the right time. That said, it could be argued that the guy is getting paid enough to take any flak that is leveled at him but he just seems to be the whipping boy for a dysfunctional board and disinterested players who should embrace the word 'professional' in front of that word 'players' more often. Was always going to be a poisoned chalice for whoever took over from OGL and right now Raul is drip feeding toxin into it. On a side note, I think that a lot of the fan anger that is very evident on social media comes from Wenger devotees who repressed their footballing emotions for years behind Wenger tinted glasses but are only now realising how f*cked up and in trouble the club really is and he's the easy scapegoat.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Nick Bendtners Ego wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:57 pm
Emery must feel like he's in Hitlers bunker at this stage and all the while he's surrounded by the encircling enemies in the form of media, internal team dissent, Ex Pro criticism and fan apathy, he still has his loyal propaganda machine trotting out the rhetoric that all is not lost and that the war and fan acceptance can be won. With each passing day though , it looks like the decision to pull the trigger himself will be taken away when the FEC (kless) eventually call time on his short tenure. I feel sorry for the bloke in some respects as he doesn't seem to have too many bad bones in his body and doesn't deserve the vitriol dished his way. Way too deep out of his league and the PL in particular but hardly deserves the abuse that is slung his way. Probably a decent manager with the right group of players in the right league at the right time. That said, it could be argued that the guy is getting paid enough to take any flak that is leveled at him but he just seems to be the whipping boy for a dysfunctional board and disinterested players who should embrace the word 'professional' in front of that word 'players' more often. Was always going to be a poisoned chalice for whoever took over from OGL and right now Raul is drip feeding toxin into it. On a side note, I think that a lot of the fan anger that is very evident on social media comes from Wenger devotees who repressed their footballing emotions for years behind Wenger tinted glasses but are only now realising how f*cked up and in trouble the club really is and he's the easy scapegoat.
I would certainly argue that.

I would also argue that he is entitled to sort out the shambles on the pitch given that he's the manager and all that.

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

It's another very bad ebening.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

:coffeespit:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:46 pm
goonersid wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:09 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
if they had totally given up then they wouldn't have bothered to equalise against Southampton

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Probably posted somewhere else on the forum also, but anyway SSN are reporting that senior figures at Arsenal are to hold talks tomorrow to discuss worst run of results since 1992.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Emery isn't even a lucky manager. Wenger could fluke a win in the worst of times.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Breaking: It is expected that Emery will be relieved of his duties imminently, with assistant first-team coach Freddie Ljungberg the obvious candidate to take control of the team on a temporary basis [@David_Ornstein]
https://t.co/NOF4Yb2g3i